Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

RSYNC Help needed

Hi All. We've recently rebuilt our Master Casper server to 10.8.2.. the Replica's are on 10.7.5. I've tried the below to recreate the SSH public keys on the clients so we can re-do the RSYNC connections unprompted when running a shell script via a la...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 2012-006

Anyone else affected by this update which removes the Java 6 browser plugin? We have a java web application that requires Java 6 and it is no longer usable after this update is installed.  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modify loginwindow wireless timeouts?

Is there any way to change the timeout value for 10.8 loginwindow configuration profiles attempting to connect to directory-based wireless networks on login? Seeing long delays on logins when connection to our WPA2E network at login fails to authenti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

2011 iMac vs 2012 MacBook Pro

All, I have been stumbling over this for the past number of days trying to make heads or tails out of this. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. When we received our 2012 MacBook Pros, we created the new 10.8.2 OS disk image off of ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push packages to specific Distribution Points

I have over 60 DP with several packages that exceeds a gig in size. Since all my schools don't need many of these large packages and also not to create a problem with the WAN, is it possible to select which DP will received what packages?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn off Band Steering in OS X 10.8.x

We've had complaints recently, mostly from the Retina MBP users, about poor wifi connectivity. The AP's logs are showing a Ping-Pong happening - which the vendor tells us is what it does when the machines are switching between 2.4 and 5ghz. It's my u...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NETSUS and 10.8

Is this a known issue that 10.8 updates aren't picked up by Netsus or is this just me? Also have people got client set up to recieve updates from Netsus? I was under the impression that it could use one catalogue but it looks like I'm still in the sa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute help with Active Directory Query

Seeking assistance with creating an extension attribute that will collect the following info:For OS X 10.8sudo defaults read /Library/Preferences/OpenDirectory/DynamicData/Active Directory/mydomain.plist | grep host This command returns the "last use...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile installed, but not enrolled

I am using Apple Configurator to supervise our iPads. I'm able to update the iOS, install needed apps, and add our wifi profile. After all that is finished I add the enrollment profile I created and downloaded from JSS. The profile is installed, I ge...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems applying Managed preferences

I'm trying to apply Software Update server prefs through MCX.My test machine isn't attached to the domain so I'm not have to think about conflict MCX prefs yet. Instead I get the following when I refresh - Parsing MCX Data...Applying Managed Preferen...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Optimize Database Tables" corrupted my database

After running Optimize Database Tables, and I was the only one using the web interface, I received all kinds of errors and then the database was completely deleted after restarting Tomcat. I restored from a backup and all is well, but heads up in cas...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Troubleshooting APNS Client-side

Hoping this may help someone else - I was troubleshooting some client-side APNS issues this morning. Doing some cursory googling you'll find articles referencing to enabling logging with com.apple.applepushserviced (Like the dated reference on develo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Office 14.2.3 Update during Imaging with ML

Hey guys, i'm having a hard time getting the MS Office 2011 14.2.3 update to work during imaging with 10.8.2. My package consists of- Office 14.2.0 Installer- Office 14.2.3 Update- Office 14.2.4 Update- Choices.xml fileThese are copied to /tmp and th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 4.5.1

Hi all. Thought I would do a quick knowledge share reg Xcode 4.5(.1) packaging... (apologies if this has already been posted but a quick search didnt show anything). If you had previously package Xcode 4.3 or later using composer (new and modified sn...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory error: org.apache.jasper.JasperException:

Hi I am wondering if anyone knows what is going on here: I get this error when I click on the 'details' link for a specific computer. org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException Thanks in advan...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

adding additional printing presets

Hi everyone, We have a need to make some additions to existing print presets. I don't want to overwrite any presets that someone may have created for themselves beyond what our default set is, so I don't want to just run over the preference file cont...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Management log on Windows Server

Is anyone doing this? I can't seem to get mine to actually fill with anything. I've set the log location to C:Program FilesJSSLogs but the jamfChangeManagement.log file is empty. I've gotten this to work easily before on Linux and OS X JSSes...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin opening in Offline mode

Yesterday I had to rebuild our main JSS. TOday every time I open CasperAdmin I get an error that it's opening in offline mode.I found this discussion, and the kdestroy -a works, but when I quit C.Admin I have to do it again to get back in... https://...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow AD User Logins w/ 10.7.X

Is anyone experiencing consistent 5+ minute delay on logins for machines bound to Win AD 2008 R2 on Lion only? ML does not seem to have this issue. We've regressed the issue to the point that it might be caused by some configuration issue when using ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Free Mac App Store apps requiring Apple ID sign in

I am really confused on this one. I have deployed 5 apps from the Mac App store. All are free. I used composer snapshots to package all of them. But only 2 of them work properly. The other three fail to launch, instead bringing up the "sign in with y...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

apple configurator 1.2

with the 1.2 update now comes this popup box when trying to use it Could not find supervision certificate. Does anyone know what this means...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop admin users from change name and accounts?

HiI am pretty new working with mac and now I have run into I problem. All my users are admin (don’t ask me why) and they are making my life hard by changing their computer names and creating local accounts. So, im working on a script that runs at log...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors