Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Crazy slow time machine backups

We have our users use a backup disk at home and we are finding that with 10.7.5 users are having crazy slow backup time (lockups even) when trying to backup to their backup drives. If we disable spotlight a 9MB backup takes seconds. If we enable spot...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service...Faster response time?

Hey guys, I am looking for what I can do in a large user environment (5,000+ iOS )to make Self Service load faster on iOS devices. Getting some complaints that its loading way to slow and frankly I would agree with them. -Details-JSS 8.6.1 running on...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 8.62 is out

Hello everyone! We have posted Casper Suite 8.62. There was a performance issue that some people ran into with VPP codes for mobile devices that needed to be addressed. Here is the change from the release notes: Fixed an issue that caused the JSS to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute returning no results...

I've written an extension attribute to pull a list of the search domains set for all of the Wi-Fi, AirPort, or Ethernet connections on a system. It works perfect if I run it from the command line, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why it's n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

configuration profile and finder

I ma looking to beable to manage finder preference as well as Security & privacy with Configuration Profile. I tried uploading a the finder.plist that I had configured and did not seem to set any settings being set. How is it best to go about setting...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Sharing

I have a request from a department to have some sort of screen sharing ability on some remote machines. Security's requirement is that it authenticates against AD/LDAP. Since the internal VNC doesn't do that, I was thinking screen sharing. but it onl...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access for assistive devices

I need to turn on access for assistive devices and prevent the user from turning it off. I can turn it on with: touch /private/var/db.AccessibilityAPIEnabled But the user can turn it off. I have tried setting the system immutable flag: sudo chflags s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access for assistive devices

I need to turn on access for assistive devices and prevent the user from turning it off. I can turn it on with: touch /private/var/db.AccessibilityAPIEnabled But the user can turn it off. I have tried setting the system immutable flag: sudo chflags s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox Trust Certificates

I need to install some trust certificates on our deployed computers. I started a Composer snapshot, installed the certificates in Keychain Access and in Firefox, then I stopped the snapshot. When I test deploy this package it doesn't seem to install ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying VM Fusion 5

I don't know if anyone has tried this but i've come up with some issues once i've deployed the pkgs created in Composer. The users are prompted with error messages related to missing extensions. There seems to be a few threads related. http://communi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Wireless disconnecting in Mountain Lion

We are still testing Mountain Lion before allowing installation across our environment and wireless config continues to give us trouble. We have WPA2 Enterprise security, and we use 802.1x network authentication via TLS (certificate based authenticat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging quit unexpectedly 8.61

Via Net boot (10.7.5), running Casper imaging on a new computer, which is not in the Jamf database, once passed authorising the software to run you get "Casper Imaging quit unexpectedly" message. Ironically this doesn't stop the process from running ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Binary Crashing?

Hi all, I keep seeing this in my Console (and other machine's) and wondering why? Thanks in advance! -p@ Process: jamf [306]Path: /usr/sbin/jamfIdentifier: jamfVersion: ??? (???)Code Type: X86 (Native)Parent Process: sh [97] Date/Time: 2012-09-27 14:...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

setting clients to use the JAMF SUS appliance

I have tried searching through JAMF Nation and I'm getting confused as to exactly how to point clients to the JAMF SUS appliance. I have put the DNS entry of the SUS into settings/servers/Software Update Servers and then set up a self service policy ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

API - PUT Extension Attributes

I'd like to be able to write data to a couple of Extension Attributes via the API. It doesn't seem to support those fields. Is that true and if so, how have you done it? Here is a clip of the XML I'm sending to the JSS for a computer record: In Se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to remove Firmware Password

I am looking for a way to remove a firmware password via JSS policy. I work for a school district and we try to lockdown the computers so that the student don't have access to the recovery panel amongst other things. The problem is that there seems t...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

How is VPN connection treated in policy?

Hi All, If you have a policy set to execute from any IP address, that is connected over Ethernet only, how is VPN handled? For example, I want to install software on a client, but only when connected via Ethernet. If a client connects over VPN and co...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just Added: Post-JNUC CJA, Minneapolis, October 29-31st

Hi everyone,Just wanted to let you know that we're adding a CJA in Mpls the week following the JNUC. The earlier JNUC CJA has sold out, but we're still seeing requests and are happy to host another class after the conference. If you're interested, ju...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Display issue with Casper 8.61

Is anyone else having this issue using chrome, with version 8.61? The last item in that "headder" row wraps below and often overlays over other items. Everything displays alright with Safari - so I guess I'll have to use that if it bothers me too muc...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

PKI and SCEP enabled CA

We are trying to get our MDM profiles to show as verified when doing OTA MDM enrollments. Is there a way to use the built in JSS SCEP but with a trusted signing certificate or has anyone had any luck on setting up a standalone SCEP CA? Thanks -Matt  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Account Migration-From one domain to another

I need help figuring out how to transfer existing user accounts from one domain to another domain. In Mac OS 10.7.4. I am able to successfully bind a Mac computer (running 10.7.4) to our new domain. But then the existing user accounts (from the old d...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors