Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NetBoot fails to go diskless for some machines

Hello, I've ben running into a issue when I netboot Macs in my lab. All Macs will netboot successfully (they boot up) but will not be in a diskless state. I can tell by opening disk utility and checking the mount point of Macintosh HD. If it's /Volum...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are you managing PHDs through Casper?

Greetings. We want to turn on Portable Home Directories (PHDs, or mobile accounts) on our laptops, and manage it through Casper. What methods do you recommend for accomplishing it? Our clients are running OS X 10.7.4, and are bound to Open Directorie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 6 devices require new OS

Looks like if your using Apple Configurator to manage iPads. And are planning to upgrade them to iOS 6. Do yourself a favor, update OS to must current. I can confirm that in 10.8.1, upgrading a device to iOS 6 and supervising them. Things act a bit w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DNS block for iOS update notifications

I have a ticket open with apple, but they haven't called me yet. Does anybody know what IP/DNS I can block to prevent iOS devices from downloading iOS6 OTA? we blocked gs.apple.com but apparently some devices are still getting updated.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: OS X Server v2.1 Update reset ML 10.8.2 settings

Hello, I had a bad experience updating two Mountain Lion 10.8.1 Server to 10.8.2 and especially to the new OS X Server v.2.1 Update. After the 10.8.2 update, the App-Store SUS offers me to update the Server.app. After that a message told me approx. t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Search as subset of Static Mobile Group

Hi, We use Static Mobile groups to apply config profiles to a set of iOS devices. As the profiles are installed to the devices we want to be able to check on the progress of the process. We can do an advanced search to find all devices which either h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recreating Management Accounts

I was wondering if anyone knew how to update the password for a computers management account via the API or via a script. Or, also if someone knows a better solution to the following problem. My situation is this: We use the JSS quickadd package to c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest Account Question

We have a guest account setup for our users to log into. At the primary login window, there is a "Guest Account" and a "Others" option. For some reason, after a user logs in and then logs off, the "Guest Account" option in the login window disappears...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest Account Question

We have a guest account setup for our users to log into. At the primary login window, there is a "Guest Account" and a "Others" option. For some reason, after a user logs in and then logs off, the "Guest Account" option in the login window disappears...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot/SUS Appliance Updated to 1.02

We have posted an update to the NetSUS Appliance OVA that is now available for download at: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProduct.html?id=180 The following updates and fixes are included in the update: Increased the NetSUS Appliance default...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfhelper software update trigger

So I stole the script from https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=751 and tweaked the wording a bit. #!/bin/sh HELPER=`/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -windowType utility -icon /Libra...  View more

• 226 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers do not show in list when added by policy

Hi, Have an issue where I have 5 plotters that I added via Configuration Profile that show correctly. I also have tried to add another set of printers via Policy that do not appear in the printer list. When looking at details for the computer and und...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer

Can we add a checkbox in Composer: [x] Compress disk image[x] Delete temp files[x] De;ete virtual memory files[x] Delete special files[x] Remove Kerberos certificate[x] Ensure trashes are empty[x] Delete MCX records in the local directory space[color...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

KB article 63 offline?

I went to print this page and it's missing...did a search and came up dry... Creating Minimal Base OS Images for Restore or NetBoot/NetInstall Imaging https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=63  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon DB Question

I'm new to JAMF/Casper and have a basic question. Does Capser and the Recon tool use SQL for the DB? How do I find out?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target Imaging drives out of computers

Hi Nation, For our ML rollout, mostly to MacPro's, we were thinking about using Target Disk Imaging. The plan is to get a few new drives and image them in a FW cradle on an imaging station. Then we'd bring the new drive down to the MacPro, copy over ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

HomeSync MCX settings

Our binding process (AD) creates a mobile account, with home directory pointed to local startup disk. We want files to all be local, but network home directories to mount. If I image a computer with no MCX settings, the default mobile settings in use...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual AD servers

We have two AD servers configured in our JSS. Both servers are members of the same domain. However the JSS sees the same LDAP account as two different accounts. Is this a config error or a bug? The search bases are the same on each server config for ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted software - how does jamf binary do it?

We are writing a daemon to do something similar to what jamf's restricted software feature does. We want to specify apps that students cannot use while on campus, but are allowed to use at home (on-campus means on our network). We were planning to do...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Updates and ksfetch process

Hello,I am trying to restrict the folders in which my 1:1 students can launch applications from. I have listed the folders below. When selecting these folders my test group keeps getting a prompt for a restricted process name ksfetch. All I have foun...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bacon

Gawd please let there be bacon at JNUC. http://youtu.be/xSVO5VloDlc  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

http Global Proxy for iOS 6

We are clamoring for the ability to filter our iPads on a global level. When is Casper going to had this ready??? I hate to say this but Air Watch has outdone Casper in this case: http://www.air-watch.com/solutions/apple-ios This is a MUST HAVE for o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 14.2.4

Anybody run into this on a fresh install of 14.2.0? Copying Office 2011 14.2.4 Update.pkg...Installing Office 2011 14.2.4 Update.pkg...Installing Office 2011 14.2.4 Update.pkg...Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Cannot install o...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors