Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac Hack needed - Stolen MacBook Pro

Alright JAMF Nation, we've got a "fun" one... I noticed that a computer was removed from my smart group (Out of Contact) and had finally checked in with the JSS after 30+ days. I also noticed that the computer name was now "Admin's MacBook Pro" -- go...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passhash for recon

HiHow can I find the passhash for running a recon command like this:/usr/sbin/jamf recon -username 'username' -passhash '%e4%cg%k&%d9%oo%%%%%' Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs using hosted printers

We use Windows servers to host all of our printers. Our Macs use LPD to connect to those printers. With the release of Windows Server 2012 I saw this: The LPD and LPR Services are deprecated starting with Windows Server 2012. Eventually, they will be...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting all user settings

After making my image and deploying it I am noticing some miscellaneous user settings that are persisting no matter what I try. For instance, when launching Safari it loads a random "barebones.com" site, which I am assuming I launched during the crea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Casper User Group

Just a reminder that the meeting is on: Next Thursday 9/6 at JAMF offices. More information and registration at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4094578996  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Behind Load Balancer

Hi All, has anyone implemented two or more JSS servers behind a http/s load balancer? I have two JSS servers behind an F5 VIP and clients connect through the load balancer using HTTPS SSL certs. The issue that I am seeing is that Casper is picking up...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot appliance - Kernel Panic

I just got the NetBoot appliance up and running. Everything looks good from the appliance side of things; subnets are setup right, the image is uploaded (and named without a space in it), but I'm getting a kernel panic every time I try and boot a Mac...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lockable screensaver via policies

Hi, Under Snow Leopard I could force out a lockable screensaver. I don't seem to be able to do this in Lion/Mountain Lion via policies. I see I can force the time, but how to make it lockable? Best wishes Michael  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

8.6: License records keeps disappearing

Hi!We have a bunch of site licenses for Adobe programs, among others. The other day - we're still in progress of deploying Casper - I set up a few "Licensed Software Records". Worked fine: currently 68 computers have CS 6 Design & Web installed. A da...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 8.6 Computer details error (java)

We have seen a java error in the inventory details of the new computers I imaged recently. This issue appeared after v8.6 upgrade and with v8.52 I could see the computer details in the inventory. If you search for computers and click on "Details" of ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon.exe Login Problems

We only have a few MacPros running as PCs with Windows 7 on them. I went around tonight to try and get a good recon on them, only to have problems logging into the JSS. I copied Recon.exe (8.6 version) to a thumb drive, plugged the drive in and ran R...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virtualized Mac OS X on Windows 7

Hello All, Need expert advice.Do any one using Virtualized Mac OS X on the Windows 7. Is it Possible to install virtual Mac OS X to the Windows 7?Kindly share some knowledge on this front.What configuration required if Virtual Mac OS X supported by W...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic location lookups in inventory via LDAP

We have had our JSS server up and running for a few months now with about 150 computers in our Inventory. We have the JSS set up to talk to our AD servers for LDAP lookups. At first I thought this was strictly for granting rights to the JSS, but I fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil and group script

Hi all, I know that some of you seem to use the dockutil software. I use it and it works great, but I'm looking to do a few things in the script with groups, but don't script much at all. Say I've got a basic script, like this one here: #!/bin/bash #...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

APN Performance?

Hi everybody,How has APN been working for everyone? APN's have been coming MUCH slower this last week than they were over the summer... But on Tuesday it was painful how slow they were coming. Anyone enrolling a bunch of iPads today and have a speed ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remove MCX from a select group of Macs

Hello, I've got the need to remove MCX management from a select group of 10.8 Macs. We have 39 or so MCX preferences scoped to both 10.7 and 10.8 Macs in our production environment. These Macs will be added to a dev environment, but can't be re-image...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Standard Users can't reset password...

I saw this already posted with no answer. I am working at a school that is using Deploy Studio to create local accounts. The standard users can not reset their own passwords. I have checked permissions for DSCL, ID, and CHPASS all have executable per...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad auto reset?

I was interested to read a web article about this large iPad deployment :http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/delta_to_roll_out_4500_ipads_at_airport_restaurants where the writer says:" All personal information is deleted from the iPads when the Ho...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I deploy iLife 11

I created a package from a snapshot for iLife 11. When I go to deploy it the logs say "The package dose not appear to be on the serve (404)". I verified that the package is on the server share. What am I missing?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Universal Type Client 3.x

We are now running version 2.3.x of the type client (had many issues deploying it when we did). I would like to know if anyone has any tips on upgrades or new installations using the UTC 3 installer. Also any tips on deployment would be great... toda...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors