Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Deploying Universal Type Client 3.x

We are now running version 2.3.x of the type client (had many issues deploying it when we did). I would like to know if anyone has any tips on upgrades or new installations using the UTC 3 installer. Also any tips on deployment would be great... toda...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

mobile AD accounts + login delays

i whipped up something that may resolve AD mobile account login delays for those experiencing them. people have reported reductions from up to a minute to 10-15 seconds for logins. if this works for you, enjoy. i don't think it will break anything. r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run shell command in AppleScript

Hello, We are in the process of switching from Windows 7 tablets to MAcBook Airs. I'm working on writing an Applescript that will migrate a user's backup data from the tablet into the correct folders on the Mac. I've got the script pretty well ironed...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script exits 0 but policy shows as failed

Hello, all. I'm trying to deploy an older version of Wacom tablet driver to several workstations with tablets not supported by the version that was included in our image. The first part of this process is removing the current driver so that I can ins...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart groups not updating reliably

Good morning, We're seeing an issue where a good number (but not all) of our smart groups aren't updating properly. For example, I have a smart group created to contain our Lion systems. If I look at the smart group list, the number may be 1143. If I...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Camp Second Partition Incorrect Format

When in casper admin in Configurations under Additional Partitions I have selected a second drive as NTFS but when the computer completes imaging that partition is coming up as Fat32 in Disk Utility and not NTFS. Any words of advice would be apprecia...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Podcasts / Lectures to Mobile Devices?

Is there currently a way to push podcasts/lectures (AIFF, MP3, or other formats) to mobile devices? We're looking for ways to push Lectures to students iTunes from the JSS. We're currently having them download them from our LMS but their server is sl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proper way to unenroll mobile device managed by JSS?

We're not entirely sure to proper way to remove the Self-Service and unenroll a device from the JSS? Do we just delete the record in the JSS and remove the profiles? If so, we find that the Self-Service icon stays after sometimes; what is the proper ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute to identify systems with Windows

Hi all, I am looking to set up an Inventory Search to identify system running our Windows Image for I can set up a smart group of those particular systems, I am thinking I will need an Extension Attribute - has anyone done something similar to this b...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install JSS at startup in a specified network

My district has made a deal with the devil, oops I mean Apple to have a bulk purchase of computers imaged offsite. I need to get them into the JSS but finding all of them in our large network using Recon at a later time is time consuming. They will b...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

New clients not showing up in JSS (8.6)

Since updating to 8.6 this weekend, new (out of the box) computers are not showing up in the JSS after imaging. They also do not show up in the Casper Imaging log in the JSS. Machines that already have a JSS record do show up in the log. The rest of ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Propagating ACLs

Hi all, Thought you might find this useful. I got frustrated with having to use Server Admin to propagate ACLs and had a need to do this from the command line, so I wrote a script to walk a directory tree, looking for explicit ACEs and the propagate ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Warranty End Extension Attribute

This is in reference to the previous thread here, https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4270 . I believe this has been working fine, but currently none of my systems are showing warranty end dates. Is Apple's site just down temporari...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whats the connection ....??

I've just deployed a QuickAdd package to our macs which has coincided very nicely with a problem with the MS Office suite (2008 & 2011) which is giving read-only and permission errors. My question is, is this coincidence or is there a link between th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS client checking in, but not reporting

I have a few clients for some reason stopped reporting (Last Report), but are still checking in (Last Time) on their normal schedule. I corrected one yesterday just by removing the framework and reinstalling the client, but I would like to know why t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBootSUS Appliance Setup Problems

Hey, Everyone! I'm hoping you can help me with my latest issue I'm having. Our Xserve that previously had been hosting our NetBoot volumes has been having more and more frequent hardware failures. As a result, we decided to offload the NetBoot duties...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Firmware Password

I have some new hardware that I need to setup with firmware passwords so people cannot boot from USB. I read through the Setting EFI Passwords on Mac Computers (Models Late 2010 or Later) article, but it doesn't say anything about using Casper Remote...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange NetBoot issue

I'm sifting through the NetBoot logs for clues, in the mean time one of our NetBoot servers is being moved to the server room so it's connecting directly to the switch (proper segment of course). Has anyone seen this strange "throbbing" (as it was de...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

A Admin User Question

We use AD to authenticate our users for login. The users should be made local admins during the account creation (when they 1st login to the Mac). In the district this works fine. When the user gets a admin prompt they can user their username. Howeve...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem uploading App Store App as In-House App.

Hi, I read through an earlier post https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=3945 about uploading app store apps into the JSS as in-house apps. I have been successful doing this with most .ipa files. However, there are a handful of apps ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates best practice

Hello all, So looking for some advice.. we have an 10.8 SUS on our inside network and a mix of 10.7 and 10.8 clients..We would like to use our SUS to push out updates.. Ideally we would be able to promt a user, have them install and then restart with...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to reuse iBook VPP codes

After distributing an iBook with VPP codes through Casper JSS to a set of iPads, how do you release a code for use on a different iPad? For a school, how do you release the codes at the end of the year for reuse the following year? Thanks for the hel...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors