Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

uninstall casper and start again

Hi guys I am trying to migrate our casper from an old mac pro (10.5.8 running 8.31) to a new xserve (10.6.8 running 8.6) YEsterday I think I made the mistake of installing a fresh 8.52 jss on the xserve then tried to restore a backup from the 8.31 ol...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location information resetting

Location information is being reset to blank values when imaging with 8.6 or applying a quickadd package to a machine that is already in the inventory. Has anyone else noticed this, or know of a way to disable the location information being reset?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Casper DERRP

So I've been using this script to shut down any machines that were still logged in and in use after the MCX-supplied pmset shutdown time, and I was bonking my head for a few days why my logs were filling up with machines that then weren't shutting do...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Not Turning On

Hello! Currently, we have a policy that is set to turn on Filevault with both individual & institutional keys. Unfortunately, Filevault will only work when used on a retina display Mac. When tested on a MBAir & a 13in Mac, it asked for password confi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window Payload Issues

We're reimaging our computer labs for the Fall semester and I've run into a problem where some of our systems don't adhere to all the settings in the login window payload of our computer lvl config profile. We're running JSS 8.6 & OS X 10.7.4. The cl...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

DeployStudio and Casper

Is anyone out there using DeployStudio for imaging and Casper for management? We are new to Casper, and really miss DeployStudio for imaging. I know that we need to go all in to Casper, but don't think we can get everything where we need it to be by ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hostname, Computer name, and Local Hostname

When I image it seems as though only the computer name is getting set when I name a machine using the prompt in Casper Imaging. I'm not sure if this is the expected behavior - but -my- expected behavior (maybe a bit misguided) is that it would not on...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

.mobileconfig file path

Hey All, I ran into a snag with about 850 computers not having a configuration profile automatically removed. I don't want to kill all profiles because then I will have to re-enroll all of those computers into the JSS. I only want to remove just the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

not re-imaging BOOTCAMP partition

We are new Casper users, and are re-imaging our DualBoot labs for the first time since moving off DeployStudio. Even though the checkbox to "re-image this partition if it already exists" is checked, and the log shows that it did install the selected ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD binding using directory object in First Run

Everyone might already be aware, but I saw today in testing that an Active Directory bind object created in the Casper Admin Web interface, logs the password of the account used to bind to AD in clear text to the secure log on the client during the f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove unnecessary updates

I have a physical NetSUS server we started with, and an appliance. The physical server has a 250GB drive in it and has used 106GB storing updates. I can't rsync the data over to the new virtual appliance, because the OVF makes a 100GB drive. Can anyo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run script -Post SS Reboot, Install, and another Reboot

What's the best way to get a script to run after an install/reboot from SS? I tried to bundle a FB package w/ the createOSXInstaller for ML, but the local accounts get messed up. I found that when I use just the CreateOSXInstaller w/o any additional ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating App Store iLife apps

I've searched extensively but I can't find an answer. iLife was updated on our computers before I made the image and distributed it. When teachers attempt to update the iLife suite they can't because they don't own iLife. They can't take ownership of...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 InstaDMG Image, CreateUserPKG

As I've tested a 10.8 InstaDMG image, I've noticed that when Casper Places the image, Spotlight is off. 10.8 build coming down with .metadata_never_index set at the root of the hard drive. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I need to add a script t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy runs but package doesn't install

I am having a problem where a policy triggered by every15 will run, but the package doesn't install. The policy log shows that the package was installed, but it wasn't. However, if I flush the log for that machine and do "sudo jamf policy -trigger ev...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Preferences - Managing Preference Panes

Hey everyone. I would really like to have some solid management of Preference Panes for example, I would like certain Preference Panes disabled for all users except certain users or groups. Is this possible? MCX is just so clunky :(  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Privileges

We have acquired a small company in another city that has 80 or so Macs. We have run Recon and have brought those systems into our JSS. I will be installing a distribution point there soon. We intend to keep their current support guy for on-site supp...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 7 - 1.7.0_06 - first non-Apple Java package

Hello, After installing Java RTE 1.7.0_06 onto my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.8.0) I noticed that Java 1.7.0 did not appear in the list of installed versions within /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app neither is java 7 the default environment w...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 Workgroup Templates plist

Hi EveryoneDoes anybody know a way of setting the Workgroup Templates location by editing a plist or similar file?I need to find a way of setting the template location without visiting each machine.I've looked in the com.microsoft.office.plist but ca...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Problem

For some reason lately when a device runs an inventory there is a process called softwareupdate that runs and fills the HDD, if you manually end the process all the free space comes back. I have manually run Apple updates and this process does not ru...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging and Deploying XCode 4.4.1

Hi everyone, I was wondering how Casper Administrators are packaging and deploying XCode 4.4.1 in a lab environment? I have some faculty who are interested in doing some app development with students this year, so the request has come down for XCode ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution point ssh account

I had been using my distribution points local admin account as the the SSH account. But it seems the group that manages my servers have been monkeying with passwords. Is it ok to promote the casperadmin account on the server from standard to an Admin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors