Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Recovery Partition not hiding

I'm using the JAMF guide for Deploying 10.7/10.8 with the Casper Imaging suite. I'm imaging with a local replicated Casper repository, via Target Mode imaging - best of both worlds, fast local disk access to the images and packages, with access to th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hidden admin account not hidden

Hi, I use the management section when creating a new configuration to create a hidden user account, and it will create the account. But it is not hidden. There is also a quickadd package that does the same thing (can't create the quickadd package wit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with binding in Lion

I am not sure if anyone can help me with this or not, but here goes. We changed our IP scheme at all of our schools this year including our servers. As a result, we are having to unbind and rebind all of our computers to the same servers (even though...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Tracking in JSS

I have been asked to generate a list of mobile devices that have not been on our network for a certain period of time. We accomplish this with our computers now by using an extension attribute. Right now i can see what devices are checking in from ou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not mount a distribution point

Since it was brought up in another thread, and someone else mentioned they are seeing this on occasion, I though it best to start a thread for it. Since moving to a Windows based SMB distribution point, I am seeing the following error, specifically w...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compiled Configurations in Casper Admin

I compiled a Configuration today and wanted to know what I gain by compiling a configuration versus just running a non-compiled configuration in Casper Imaging. Also is there a way to remove the compiled configuration and still keep the configuration...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CJA, CCA, and CMA in Minneapolis before the JNUC

Hi everyone,We've seen a few threads and emails about offering certification courses around the JAMF Nation User Conference. It's a great idea and the CJA, CMA, and CCA are being offered in our Minneapolis office the week prior to the JNUC (Wednesday...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging on a private network?

Hello All, I am hoping you can give me ideas on how to transition my method of imaging from DeployStudio to Casper. I have 200 new laptops that need imaging into the fold. Their regular connection to the world is via Wi-Fi, but to make things go fast...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart groups filtering by static group criteria

Am I over looking something? I have a static pilot group of about 30 computers. We have installed some software on a few of the machines and have decided to roll it out to the rest of the pilot group. I want to make a smart group based on only comput...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stripped down version of OS X for USB boot and imaging

Hello, Does anyone have any advice on making a stripped down version of OS X that will quickly boot from a USB flash drive? Due to many VLANs, netbooting doesn't really work for us, so we'd like to boot from USB drives and run the Casper IMaging soft...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent Cert Exports?

We are using config profiles to distribute user certs to grant access to our WiFi network and VPN.Its working great, however even a semi-savvy user can export the cert from the keychain and put that cert on an non-authorized computer.Is there a way t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 8.6 upgrade from v8.43

I am about to update our JSS to 8.6 from version 8.43.Clients are running MacOS X 10.7.x, 10.6.x and few 10.5.xJSS is on Xserve running MacOS X Server 10.6.8. Are there any known issues that I need to know?Thanks for looking!  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

management admin account not working

I made an image for mountain lion, when I image a computer I am looked out and admin management password doesn't work, I have also had complaints about other users trying to logon and failing they don't show up under imaging logs, even though it imag...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lightspeed install

Having trouble getting Lightspeed mobile filtering working when installing through JSS. Here's my situation: I've created the four installer packages, as instructed on Lightspeed's support wiki (User Agent plist, User Agent, Mobile Filter plist, Mobi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Sassafras KeyServer Clients

The following script seems to work for version 6.2. I'm wondering if someone out there on version 7 can verify that it works for it as well. I had issues with package receipt information being inaccurate so now I'm actually looking for the app info s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Something.... broke

I have about 100 machines that have been imaged with our Fall 2012 image (10.7.4). We have had to use Deploy Studio to get some of them imaged (10.6 won't netboot to a 10.7 based NetBoot set, no matter what I do - another topic for another day), but ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

WebEx Meeting Center - Working Version?

I have attempted to install the WebEx Meeting Center plugin via vendor .pkg and also tried compiling a custom package via Composer. Neither method has resulted in a working WebEx plugin. Here are some additional details: OS X 10.7.4Safari 5.1.7 Has a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver password prompt in 10.7.5 and 10.8

Hello, jamf nation . . . I've been happily using an MCX setting to enforce the password prompt when machines come out of the screensaver through 10.7.4, but it appears that the current dev build of 10.7.5 and retail 10.8 no longer respond to that set...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging with USB drives

Forgive my ignorance but I just wanted to confirm or dispatch the following: We deploy Mac OS X using a USB drive with Casper Imaging installed on it. My question is do I need to have separate USB drives running different Mac OS X versions to install...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 8.6 eror

Good morning all. I have created a 10.7 netboot using Automater and all is working great for our latest round of MacBook Pro's. Casper Imaging comes up as it should and I can select the appropriate image. Where things are dying is when I have it set ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] CS5.x / scratch file / Apple system updates?

Recently we've had a rash of complaints about CS5 users launching photoshop and getting the infamous scratch disk error. It seems to be only the 10.6.x systems (not the 10.7.x). Honestly it all seemed to start when I re-activated the apple SUS, which...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone set up 10.8 Server yet?

Just took a shipment of new Mac Mini Servers with 10.8 on them. I'm going to be using them as cluster clients for administering remote locations in other cities. A little background: I'll be running a NetBoot image on each machine, and replicating ou...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 8.6 Not Naming Computer

Casper Version 8.6Mountain Lion Although I have specified the computer name in the field for Casper Imaging and updated the information on the JSS with the checkmark as well, after imaging a system I notice that the computer has no name, all I get is...  View more

• 119 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Settings and Mountain Lion

Has anyone else seen this issue: My settings for AD in Casper are:Create mobile account at login (checked)Require confirmation before creating mobile account (unchecked)Force local home directory on startup disk (checked)Use UNC Path from Active Dire...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors