Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Managed Prefs Fail on iMac (iMac Intel (Mid 2007)

I've ran into an odd problem where a particular type of iMac refuses to apply managed preferences. They're older machines (iMac Intel (Mid 2007) we were thinking about plugging into some third level functionality and I can't recall if we've had this ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT & feeling dumb: disk image without free space

Feeling dumb. Can someone tell me how to snap a disk image that doesn't include free space? I've got an external hard drive that I made a boot image of and I'm trying to snap an image of it so that it can be deployed to other USB devices (thumb drive...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy scope issue

I seem to struggle with the criteria settings for policy scopes... Currently I have a smartgroup setup to look for machines with teh following criteria Computer name | like | mlPackages installed by casper | does not have | Anyconnect and | packages ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Packages Based on AD Group Membership?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the world of Casper and have setup a trial of 8.6 while I wait for the product to be purchased at work. I've setup policies and smart-groups and have linked the LDAP Server Connections to our internal AD server which works fin...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-imaged systems still in static groups

I see a major issue with Static groups for some use cases. When we re-image a system in order to re-issue it to another user, the system will rejoin the JSS under the same JSS ID, and it will still be in all of the same static groups it was in before...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

imac (late 2006) won't image, sometimes

I am attempting to image my computer labs that have imac (late 2006) in them, using target mode imaging I imaged 2 successfully and 3-4 others won't image, (if you image repeatedly same result) they complete on host mac say complete when reboot hangs...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences vs. Configuration Profiles

Please forgive the stupid questions -- I'm a Windows admin and I'm being baptized by fire with Mac management with JSS. :) All of our Macs are on Snow Leopard but we're quickly needing to move to Mountain Lion so I'm trying to make heads or tails of ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Package Including Custom Settings

We employ Symantec Endpoint Protection v12 and I have created a package using Composer which includes current updates. One additional feature we'd like to include are custom settings for the Symantec Scheduler for periodic product updates and file sy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing AD Home Folder from Dock

So I've been digging about for this one for a couple days with ML and wanted to see if anyone else was trying similar. Specifically, I'd like to retain having the UNC path for the SMB home mounted for end users, but due to some access permissions and...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Postflight script failing on Payloadless package

I have an Apple Package that installs a Configuration Profile for 802.1x. When I run this package using installer -pkg /path/to/package.pkg -target / it works great. I import the package into Casper Admin, make a policy for it and manually trigger it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion - Internal ASUS

By default, it seems that Mountain Lion directs software updates to the App Store. Although my internal catalogURL is populated in the com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist, I am still redirected to the App Store when I run Software Update... Is there an ad...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion 10.8 / Java 1.6 / JSS 8.6 Problem

I have Mountain Lion 10.8 Server and I am getting this error when installing JSS : "The JSS requires Java 1.6 or later to be installed to function properly. Please verify that you have Java 1.6 or later installed and try running the JSS installer aga...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

compile with Winclone

Is it ok to compile a configuration that contains a Winclone image ? We were advised not to compile a config that had a fusion image.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create script for Mapping drive

Hi AllCould everyone help me to write a script that mapping the windows network share drive. That is when a user is BYOD and just run the script, the script will prompt for authentication and base on the username, the drive will map to correct share ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Unable to Unlock Login Keychain on Netboot Image

I have a freshly created 10.7.4 Netboot Image, created with the specifications here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=63 Whenever boot from it, I get "The system was unable to unlock your login keychain" with the options to Continu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot / Flashing Globe / Option Key Works

I'm trying to get Netboot working in our Lab so that I can setup autorun for reimaging. I have the NetSUS server on the same subnet, and if I reboot a workstation and hold the Option key down, it lets me select Faux Network Boot Disk, and it boots up...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Bootcamp at imaging

Does anyone have any best practices for deploying a Windows 7 Ent Bootcamp image? I have our OS X 10.7 images deploying beautifully. I was hoping to wrap up our Bootcamp image to go out over the network at the same time. It would save me a ton of tim...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - Slow login time (delayed LDAP auth.?)

I currently have our JSS integrated with LDAP and would like to require our users to authenticate using their LDAP credentials when accessing the self service portal on iOS devices. Currently users are able to log into the self service portal using t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Scripts Authentication error 10.8

Hi all, We are running a mount script on login that mounts a users desktop and documents to an smb share on the server. Prior to mountain lion this worked with no issues at all. Now I am getting an authentication error when the script runs. Did caspe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote - User Prompt

Hello - Is there a quick and easy way to prompt the user to accept/decline a remote control request via Casper Remote? Thanks for any help.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Apple USB Ethernet Adapters

I've encountered a problem with non-Apple USB Ethernet adapters not always loading immediately upon boot. The symptom is no network connectivity and the workaround is to unplug and replug the adapter. With the TRENDnet TU2-ETG Gigabit Ethernet adapte...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts.

Hey guys, We are starting our Mac Air deployments in the next month or so and I am trying to find a script. I was wondering if there is a script that I can have casper run every so often to have the computer name checked to see if it is the serial nu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors