Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Casper Admin Permissions

Upgraded my Server to 10.8 and JSS to 8.6 and now all of the sudden my JSS is "Read Only" and I can't use Casper Admin. Is this a bug??? Everything was working fine before the update.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Startup Movie

Hi all, I woud like to replace the "two finger trackpad gesture" movie at startup with a custom made movie. I'd like this movie to play one time at startup and then be done, just like the original. I was thinking just replace the original gesture mov...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin Freezing on Replication

I am having an issue with casper admins progress bar freezing/stopping when I replicate our internal JSS to our external JSS since our update to 8.6 Anyone else seeing this issue?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion and Bluetooth

Hey Guys, I was having some problems with 10.8 after installing it on a few iMacs. Its seems as though I lost all functionality of gestures using a Magic Mouse. Some of the keys on the Apple Bluetooth keyboard were not working as well. I deleted /Lib...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ML & Self Service

I know everybody is busy getting their JSS updated and prepping the ML images and stuff, I was wondering if anybody was planning on using SS for upgrading their 10.7 to 10.8? I was hoping to do this for ours, since about 20% of our systems are alread...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to get Server Admin.app working on 10.8?

Apple discontinued Server Admin.app starting with 10.8. Which is unfortunate because Server.app doesn't have the functionality of its predecessor when managing multiple servers with differing OS versions. I found a work around to get Server Admin.app...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Migration

Further to my post a couple of months ago; https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4575 I've been playing around with PackageMaker (you'll find it in "Auxiliary Tools for Xcode - Feb 2012.dmg" on the developer site) and I wanted to sha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles Problem on JSS 8.6

In JSS 8.5 I had some configuration profiles configured. After upgrading to 8.6 I went to existing profile to add few things, and it won't show anything in the middle window. Fir example i click on "Energy saver" and it won's show anything. It works ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User-Initiated Enrollment

I just installed 8.6 in my dev environment, and i can't seem to enable User-initiated enrollment. The options don't show up in the management framework settings anywhere. I just don't have the "Enrollment Process" tab at all in Computer Management Fr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to handle Apple ID's?

Reading the Ars Technica review of 10.8, I see that Apple Updates are now rolled into the App Store. Which requires a Apple/iTunes ID account. How do I manage that with labs deployments? Do we have to make a Corporate/District/School level Apple ID f...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way to sequence policies?

I would like to be able to have two policies - one that depends on successful completion of the other. Is there a way to sequence two policies so that one doesn't run until the other has been completed? We have one policy that runs all Software Updat...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 8.6 is available

Hello everyone! Casper Suite 8.6 is now available! We're very proud to have zero-day support for Mountain Lion! You can download the latest version from the [My Assets](/myAssets.html) section of JAMF Nation. In addition to support for Mountain Lion,...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renaming the JSS database connection URL

I've just renamed my JSS server but when I'm launching Casper Admin and got to preferences it still has the original name. I've updated the certificate for the server and everything works but for the sake of tidiness and the fact that I'm sure someon...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer not found in receipts for smart groups

I have a number of printers which I recently added via Casper Admin. When I create a smart group to identify computers missing the printer, the list is quite different. If I use remote or create a policy they are all right. It only appears to be a pr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver password on Lion

So i've been tasked with forcing the screensaver password to kick in, however there doens't seem to be an easy of doing so - the MCX will grey out the settings - and I don't really wnat that as I'm sure Im going to get pushback from the departments t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting background preference

I am trying to set all our computers to a custom background image. I went to "Create managed preference-Create from template-com.apple.desktop-create background." There is a script there and I replaced the image file path with one on my desktop. I di...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad inventory question

I have been asked to generate a list of iPads that have not been on our network for a certain period of time. We accomplish this with our computers by using an extension attribute. Right now i can see what devices are checking in from outside our net...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors