Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

New retina mbp does not netboot to our server!

Hi everyone new to Jamf but loving it so far. Little background: We currently have Casper setup (latest version) on our network and it has been running for about 6 months with no issues. I have been able to net boot our machines (both 10.6.8 and 10.7...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Casper User Group

Sign up at http://jamf080912.eventbrite.com New OS new Casper Suite should be out. Event: NYC Casper User GroupWhere: Tekserve, 119 W. 23rd StWhen: Thursday August 9, 6-8PMSpeaker: Chris Czel, Systems Engineer, JAMFTopic: OS Deployment  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acrobat Provisioning Tool

I am having issues with the Adobe Provisioning Tool for Acrobat X. I have followed the JAMF Guide to the T. Created the Package for Acrobat X, uploaded and configured it in the JSS. The installer works fine via a triggered every 5, Self Service etc. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP configuration profile variable.... are there any?

I start the getting the SCEP configuration profile to work within ourenvironment now. But I think it requires variable to generate thecertificate the way we want it. It seems to be a lack of info regards variables to automate this.For example:If I pu...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Existing BootCamp partitions

I've been using DeployStudio to image our lab computers (dualboot). When we needed to re-image, it would re-partition the drive, and install new Mac and Windows images. With Casper, the workflows seem to only want to re-partition the Mac HD without t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Mid-2012 MacBook Air OS Build Number?

Okay so Apple's article here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1159says I should be seeing 11E2520 on our brand new 13" MacBook Air (Mid-20120) but it looks like I've actually got 11E2702. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Storage Arrays

We are acquiring a MacPro for some video editing / streaming. The users are asking for an 8TB Raid Storage for "video streaming". The mentioned the promise pegasus 8TB RAID storage, but the MacPro doesn't come with thunderbolt and I haven't come acro...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

read access for everyone to Distribution Points

the Casper Administration Guide recommends that sharing permissions on Distribution Points be set for 'everyone' to 'read only'. Some of our more 'industrious' users appear to be mounting the distribution point and downloading DMGs to try and find se...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

inconsistent search results

this could just be the db i'm working with here, but i've noticed if i do an advanced inventory search like this: operating system LIKE 10.4 i get ALL the hosts in inventory. using 10.4. or 10.4.x yields the same results. smart groups are not similar...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Dock and placement of icons

We're new to JSS and all it's wonderfulness, so if I'm missing something, I hope it's nothing obvious. We're moving from Apples WorkGroup Server to JSS to manage preferences. I added the Dock items for some of our most commonly managed apps into Admi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMFhelper Script Output

I currently have a trigger which is called by a self service policy to unjoin from AD, rename the machine and rejoin it on our domain. I would like for our techs to receive some type of status update while the script is running. So far, I have tried ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create an extension attribute with an osascript

Hi everyone, Running into a slight snag here collecting some information from an application as an extension attribute. This is the script I am using to populate the EA: #!/bin/sh ## Only run this script if the computer has CEDPro on it if [ -e "/App...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Schedule bug

I tried to set up a scheduled package install today at 12:00 pm. At 11:20 am it said Time Remaining 12 hours 40. If I scheduled it for 1:00 pm it said 1 hour 40 minutes.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Support and Management Best Practices

Hi All, My first post on JAMF Nation...yeah! I'm in a K-12 school district and we just started using Casper in April to manage our 6500+ Mac desktops and laptops around the district. We are planning to start adding some iOS devices this fall and I am...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Papercut authentication via AD

Does anyone have experience distributing papercut printers (running on a Windows print server) via Casper to Macs? The problem I am having is with authentication on our AD domain. On the Windows computers, a user logs in using AD credentials, and is ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade FF keep Bookmarks

What's the best way to upgrade FF and keep the bookmarks and stuff? In going through the other threads, there was suggestions to maintain the default folder, but we have such a variety of machines and potentially an unlimited number of defaults folde...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Finale 2012

Anyone have experience packaging this monster? I'm running into funny font management issues that are not getting applied to the user level correctly. Note - this is not "Notepad", this is the full version.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Screen Sharing

Hi guys Im trying to get a VPN solution working for our home users to connect in and vnc to their workstations. Problem Is the ARD directory access is not going to work for the mobile accounts because I don't run OD and have a setup using ADmitMac. C...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Player packaging - Updater mechanism

So, more of an FYI, but I found that if you drag the pkg out of the Adobe Flash Player installer and use that as your install package for Flash Player, you're going to be missing a component of the self-updater system. To some folks, this may be fine...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Your web server certificate expires in 19 days.

When I log into the JSS I am greeted with this message Your web server certificate expires in 19 days. I thought I could go to Settings -> Global Management Framework Settings -> Public Key Infrastructure and renew it. I'm not seeing the option there...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group question

I've only just recently begun playing with smart groups, and I'm stuck trying to figure them out. What I'd like to do is create a smart group based on having a specific package (CS6) installed from Casper, so it can install an update to that particul...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Camp Imaging Woes

I am using a WincClone based image using the latest version of it and the Casper Suite with no luck. I am trying multiple combinations: Creating a Configuration that does not have Mac image. Instead just adding an NTFS partition with the Boot Camp im...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors