Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Packaging Adobe Camera Raw 6.7

I've successfully packaged previous versions of Adobe Camera Raw without issue but every method I've tried with ACR 6.7 has failed. This install works between composer snapshots but once it is packaged and pushed out it fails to install. Casper logs ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I re-activate greyed out System Preferences?

Used Enabled System Preference Panes template to grey out the Security & Privacy and Desktop & Screen Saver Preference Panes. I removed com.apple.preference.desktopscreeneffect and com.apple.preference.security from the list to accomplish this. It wo...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Plug-in Disabled

Getting this error on first login to fresh machine that has 10.7.4 and latest Java (2012-003) from Apple. We'd like to turn it back on for the users through a policy or (better) during the imaging process. Any ideas? external image link  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting a Compiled confiuration

Is it possible to delete a compiled configuration? I have one left over form last year (I've not re-compiled yet) and when I replicate its slowing the process down. I feel it must be in the manual someplace dammed if I can find it....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock web link as self service item...not showing up

So, I have two links that point to our local scholastic server for Educator Access and Student Access. I would like to have the dock icons/links available as a self service item. From my workstation, I had the two weblinks in my dock, and added them ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleted Profile, now no profiles work on clients

I deployed my first profile today to an OS X client, and it went without a hitch. I then deleted it and tested a second, and it never applied. I looked through the server log and it is constantly generating this error: 2012-05-23 13:38:20,376 [ERROR]...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FirstRun does not run, name computer or bind to AD

I am a new Casper user so forgive me if I mix up some of the vernacular. Here is my setup... We're trying to setup a workflow that involves imaging MacBooks Airs over Thunderbolt with Target Mode Imaging from a few workstations have have a local copy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open to Active Directory

Has anyone sucessfully migrated using Open Directory on 10.5 to active directory? Any help would be very much appreciated.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Netinstall for 10.7

I'm having problems net booting to some devices now. I've got a new Mac Mini with lion but i need to redo the net install image. It seems that the Casper Netinstall app thats in the resource kit doesn't work with 10.7. Anyone know where to go with th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Self Service

When I push apps via self service, users are prompted for their itunes ID/password. If they inadvertently hit cancel at that prompt, it seems they can't install the app via self service. If they go back to self service and click on the app name, they...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to hash a password

Is there a command or tool we can use to create a password hash so it can be used in a script for JSS? In the "old days" (pre 8.4) when Recon used to spit out QuickAdd installers with postflight scripts that included hashed passwords, we were a coupl...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper in FRONT of login screen....?

so ok, we already use jamfHelper very frequently here. way better than growl or applescript in my opinion. and, in early testing in both leopard and snow leopard, we loved the fact that it would pop up a window even in FRONT of the login screen. very...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting multiple partitions

I need assistance in scripting multiple partions in casper 1) Macintosh HD 50gb (Primary OS and applications)2) Recovery HD 1gb3) Restore Partion 15gb3) Data resizable dependent on remaining space. (Home folders will live here) Any help would be appr...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resource kit ImportVPN.sh for 10.7

Has anyone gotten the importVPN.sh script to work on 10.7? It appears the script hits exit from the System Preferences pane instead of hitting apply. Doing so causes the variable for the interface name to malfunction in addition to the checkbox for "...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run a command as logged in user.

Hi I have a command that I want to run as a one line command using Advanced tab in Policy creation. The command is cat ~/Library/Application Support/Merlin/Licenses/Merlin.merlinLicense How would I modify this script so it doesn't run as root user an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logging output from Casper Imaging

Ok, bear with me, because this is slightly complicated. I am using Casper Imaging in target mode to image about 700 computers. For an unknown reason, about 1 in 5 will fail to run properly. Everything will appear ok in CI, but the destination compute...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS5 licence management definitions

Hi I am having a few issues trying to manage a site that uses cs5 design standard and design premium. 3 users have premium and the rest have standard. When entering the licence definitions I run into a problem. Standard only has photoshop12.0.4, Illu...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

BootCamp Questions

It seems that i can use Casper Imaging to deploy an image if i create one. Has anyone done this yet? Any problems etc. Also does the recon.exe go on the Bootcamp image somewhere and will I still be able to get an audit on the Mac when its booted into...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS reporting (deprecated) updates frequently

Hey all, I'm hoping someone here has some ideas or can help.I have the JAMF NetSUS appliance running here and I'm using it in the "gateway" mode where it only hosts the catalog file. Generally speaking its working fine, but I'm running into an odd pr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What do you prefer: Image creation methodologies.

Hey all, wondering what you all prefer to do to create your Mac images for deployment. 1 - Old School "Golden Master" style image as described in the Casper Suite Admin Guide. 2 - Compiled Image via InstaDMGhttps://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discuss...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Synchronizing directory with Windows server

I've been using a bash script run daily by a JSS policy to mount a Windows server share, synchronize its contents locally on every machine and then unmount the share. This has worked until Lion came along. It seems that 'mount_smbfs' won't authentica...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute Reporting - Screensaver Idle Time

Hi Everyone. I am just getting rolling on creating Extension Attribute reports and on this one (the 9th one I have created), I hit a snag. I am currently working only with my 10.6.8 computers. I am hoping you can shed some light on it. I am using the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jackpot Checker ExtAttr / Fixer Script

#!/bin/sh # Extension Attribute for JSS # Checking for Jackpot vulnerability # DOES NOT fix, designed for placement into a smart group which does, # useful in cases where affected instance accounting is desired POS="1" NEG="0" # Check that Office 201...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

imaging and network adapters

im creating a base image thats going to span white macbooks, mac airs, imacs and mac pros. the is a file or set of files that you can remove from your image that names and orders the network adapters. this way regardless of which type of computer the...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

After imaging - in a reboot loop

I'm in what appears to be a reboot loop. Imaged with the 10.7.4 ESD, and the Apple Software update add-ons, then a 3rd party disk encryption app and an 3rd party AD plugin (which should and does bind on first boot). The machine has a post boot instal...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors