Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Customizing User Template

In the old days we used to replace /System/Library/User Template/English.lproj but in looking through some JAMF Nation threads it looks like most of you leave the template alone and instead push what you need to it. We need to customize a good number...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF binary and FC Bayern winning...

Just was wondering no matter how many times I ran the JAMF binary I couldn't get it to score. FC Bayern shot over and over again but they didn't score. Was just wondering if there was something wrong with my script or the binary. Any help? (100% just...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Correct permission on smb Casper share Win 2008

Could I please have some info on the correct permissions on an smb Casper share. Should the casperadmin and the casperinstall users be domain users or local users on the server. I am having trouble mounting the distribution point after clicking insta...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator Sync Station replication

I have successfully used the package manifest in composer to create a dmg and move the app and what looks to be critical settings and files from one computer to another. However, I have not had any success having an iOS device sync to both. The iPad ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS incorrectly shows no updates available

Can't seem to get my machine to pull down updates. I've got my SUS setup with all updates syncd and those updates made available in the main branch. The hostname resolves forward/reverse I've set the local machines prefs with defaults write Software ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 Clients not writing Policy Logs

HI All,I am seeing an issue where my small smattering of 10.7 clients are not finishing policies to the point of writing policy logs to the JSS. Consequently they are running some one time startup policies at EVERY startup, and one time policies that...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Attention Minneapolis! (Medtronic TC 1 Mile Run)

A bunch of us from JAMF participated in the Medtronics TC 1 Mile Run this year, and a couple of us noticed that one of the camera-bike drivers was wearing a JAMF NUC shirt. We didn't get a good look with the helmet on, though. Who was out there sport...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Able to reclaim old SUS update space?

When I disable an update for a branch (I only have one) I'm assuming this doesn't delete the update, it just disables it. Correct? Maybe this is an ER, but it'd be nice if an update was disabled in all branches to have it pruned from the server all t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyconnect

Has anybody had the sheer pleasure of having to deploy Cisco's Anyconnect 2.5+? dragging the package into casper doens't seem to work, using composer to capture the install DOES work, however the post process is UGLY...Currently what I have to do is:...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

add to group script

Trying to use the add to group script from the resource kit... it will add from a policy or manually but still throws errors... throws same errors but does not add at imaging time.. Just wondering if anyone has had luck with this script.. its a lion ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Password Policy - non AD Macs

Hi all, I am looking for some assistance in setting up a local password policy for my Macs that are not bound to AD. Right now, they all have a generic password set, but due to increased security standards, we need them all to require a password to u...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove old mobile accounts.

I am needing a script that can be added to our summer update configuration that will delete every user with the exception of admins. Anyone had any luck doing this? I have tried using Tom Larkin's script and it seems to remove the home directories fr...  View more

• 63 replies
  • 1 kudos

New computers not appearing correctly in JSS/Remote

We recently received a new shipment of 2011 MacBook Pros and I'm testing our new 10.7.4 image on the first five of them. The imaging worked fine, however I'm experiencing some strange behavior on the JAMF side of things. I've assigned these computers...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX preference will only working at 'every login'

We are in the process of migrating from OD to Casper MCX. (JSS 8.43) We have an issue with a couple preferences. For instance: .GlobalPreferences - Show All Extensions. Even though they are set to 'next login only' will act as if its set to every log...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Universal Type Client

Im trying to update our Universal Type Client from ver 3.0.1 to 3.1.0 but unable to locate where I can kill off the existing UTS client. Get an error when I try to run update.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fix Byhost not working?

Greetings, I'm evaluating Casper Suite so I'm still very new to it. I've setup an OS deployment, SW packages, and user configs in my testing environment. I'm trying to Fix ByHost Files and it's not working. I tried from Casper Remote, and from the ac...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profile in "Pending" status?

We seem to be running into an issue where none of our profiles will deploy. I'm fairly certain that it revolves around some sort of database issue, but we haven't been able to determine the cause. I'm fairly certain if i restore our database to last ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Target Disk mode on same machine multiple times

We are using Casper Imaging for target disk mode imaging. We are testing our image and have applied an image to a client that was in target disk mode. After that we disconnect and check to see if our image worked. If we want to image that computer ag...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Login to SUS Appliance

Hey all, I went to log into the NetBoot/SUS appliance today with credentials I had changed from the defaults and I cannot log in. I have been able to since I set it up last week, however now I can't get in. I also didn't get an opportunity to disable...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors