Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NetSUS Appliance on Hyper-V

Just wondering if anyone has had success getting the NetSUS appliance running on a Hyper-V VM? Background: We are using Hyper-V to host Win2008 R2 servers in our environment. Our JSS is on one of these VMs and running quite happily. We have a lone Xs...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update MDM configuration profile

Hi Everyone,I have a .mobileconfig profile installed(installed using IPCU) on the iPads which contains our network setting. Recently I updated the profile with the renewed certificate and plan to push it to all the iPads. I am wondering what’s the be...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename Computer Name

Hello all I'm migrating on to another network. I was wondering if anyone has a script on renaming a computer name?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Authentication and Contacts Search Domain

Hello all! We're running an MS AD system for user authentication on our Mac clients, and we were having a bit of trouble with group lookups. We finally tracked it down to the fact that the '/all domains' authentication search path wasn't actually pic...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone else experiencing inconsistent API Query Results?

Hi Nation, We currently see a strange behaviour when using the JSS API: We create a computer entry in the JSS via the API calls to .../JSSResource/computers. Result: a new computer is being created and is shown in the JSS inventory. Good. We then que...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compiling Image Error

Using Casper Admin 8.52 I am trying to compile a base image but keep receiving the following error message: external image link I'm rather confused by all of the 3ivx package errors because there are none set to be installed.The OS dmg that I am usin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Office 14.2.1 with Iceberg

For those of you who prefer packaging tools other than Composer, I've written up a quick how-to for Office 14.2.1 packaging (with Iceberg) and have included some JSS bits. You can find it here:http://goo.gl/dObiX  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging / Software Distribution Questions

Hello all, I have a few questions for clarification on the JAMF Casper Suite: Traffic flow between central server and remote sites, can we throttle how fast, when, how much data is pushed to each local server when we have somehing new to send down? W...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Securing SMB on Lion

We are looking to secure SMB on our Macs. The old way to do this was to edit the /etc/smb.conf file like this:[Global]restrict anonymous = 2guest OK = noclient ntlmv2 auth = yes It appears that apple has removed this filefunctionality from Lion. Is t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Editing Newsyslog.conf

I'm looking for a programmatic way to update the newsyslog.conf. I would like to update the counts for secure.log and system.log to 30. The current counts are 5 and 7 (see below). To date the only thing we have found is to use the SEDs command. Howev...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Help

I found this backup script in the forums and am using it to backup the office 2011 Database file. The script is not working. It seems as if the Casper Programming Argument of $3 is not passing through the user name. Any ideas would help. #!/bin/bash ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server certificate - renewed - policies broken !

We recently renewed our server certificate on the JSS using the utility built in to CASPER, since that happened none of my policies are running on workstations. I assume that this renewal of the certificate has effected the communication to the JSS a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

tomcat freeze prevents login

Hi everyone, we are having a strange issue here and I am hoping someone might be able to point us in the right direction to resolve this. Casper 8.3.1 hosted on Windows server 2008 R2 (not sure if updating to 8.5.2 will resolve but it is scheduled in...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Codes and Configurator Corruption

I setup 35 iPads today using configurator and installed 5 paid apps via VPP codes. A couple codes got corrupted and I can't seem to recover the corrupted codes. I've identified the iPad that didn't get these two apps then tried a restore in configura...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Topic ARD Acting Terribly

Am I the only one struggling with ARD 3.5.1 and 10.7.3. Anytime a machine changes status I have to quit and reopen ARD to get access to the machines and it quits all the dang time. Is this just me????  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper NetIntall Image Creator

I am trying the Casper NetInstall Image Creator 3.2 in the resource kit to create a NetBook Image. The Utility got to the end and got an error "AppleScript Error ditto can't get real path for source (1)".Has anyone seen this error  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Binding OSX 10.7.3 Machines to Microsoft AD

I'm having a terrible time getting my binding package to work. Background info--Clients OS = OSX 10.7.3 Computer Names = Made up of 8 characters 2 alpha and 6 numericDirectory = Microsoft Active DirectoryMethod = Casper Remote, to kick off binding pa...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

External IP address being logged instead of Internal

So I've got to be missing something here. Running 8.51 I've setup network segments, but in one location for example (still in testing mode with the JSS) the IP address for all of my systems in that network are the same 1 external IP. The internal IP ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

web server certificate has expired

since upgrading to 8.52 i get this message.i have checked under settings and it saysTomcat Web Server CertificateThe ability to modify this setting from the JSS is disabled. anybody know where or how to fix this? i assume my production server is goin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary Adobe Install Account

I just imaged a computer and when it restarted it booted straight to the hard drive and into a user account call Temporary Adobe Install Account. There's no indication that it's installing anything other than the fact that the fan is occasionally run...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

mountnetworkshare.sh script error

Hi guys,I have used mountnetworkshare.sh from resource kit on my 10.6.8 clients and received an error: no such file or folder. The share still get mounted but it only shows the server name in the Finder. It does not map all the way to the actuall fol...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"This account does not have privileges to use Casper Admin"

Hi All, Just upgraded to 8.52 from 8.51 & am now getting the below error when launching "Casper Admin." external image link If i launch with shift held down & enter the JSS URL things work fine, then when i relaunch i get the same error.. anyone else...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Making a single AD user into a local admin

I'm trying to figure out the best way to make one AD user per system into a local admin. The idea is that the user to whom the system is assigned should be a local admin, but we don't want to extend admin rights to all domain users. I thought it migh...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Service Account for Active Sync connections in MDM

Is there a way to setup a service account for active sync connections?We are wanting to limit the allowed active sync policy to end users directly and are hoping we can use a service account to authorize the connection on the users behalf.As an added...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf startVNC

Wasn't there an option in the jamf binary to start up the VNC server by hand? It is not listed in jamf help anymore and I don't know when it went away. I want to try doing my daily work on Ubuntu 12.04 for a week or so and I need to be able to remote...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Partition 2nd hard drive

During the imaging process can I have Casper partition a 2nd harddrive that is in the computer. We configured all our Macs to come with 2 drives in them (Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD2). I see the partition tab when I create my configuration in Caspe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cant delete files from Casper Admin

I am using Casper Admin 8.5.1 and when trying to Delete an item in the list, Empty Trash, and Save the item is gone. I restart Casper Admin and its back again. Ive tried multiple times with multiple items, not sure whats going on. Any ideas?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors