Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apple IDs and App Redemption

I'm new to JAMF so I have a lot of questions! I'm setting up 700 iPads for a secondary school. I understand that when an app is deployed to a device, it is redeemed by that Apple ID. If that device is turned in (student changes schools, etc.), I thin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging VMware Fusion 4 help

Im having issues packaging VMware fusion 4. Ive tried packaging with and without the serial baked in as well as the .release updates to no avail. I had no issues with V.3 Any help would be much appreciated.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symlink "Users" folder in Imaging Process

I have a bunch of sweet iMacs of the SSD + HD variety, and in a lab environment (and for space and other usability reasons) - I've done some testing with symlinking the entire "Users" folder to the "traditional" HD, leaving the boot as SSD. Everythin...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplication MAC Address Policy

Is there a way to create a policy that can find duplicate MAC Addresses or computer names? I just found 2 instances where two different computers were in my inventory twice.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with the latest version of casper

Hello, we recently upgraded to the latest version of casper, since then we have experienced several problems: to take stock of the remote machines from casper is red and gives as an error but in fact has done correctly, another problem is that when y...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office 2011 sp2 pulled

Hi, According to this article Microsoft have pulled sp2 from the Auto Updater, but it is available for manual download. We have installed it and seen no issues, but saying that Outlook was brand new as the users had just moved to Exchange 2010 and ha...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

email digest links

Hi, I assume the links in the JamNation digest are meant to work. When I click on them nothing happens. When you copy the link, the link is x-msg://58/#4050 which obviously won't work. I assume this is a bug? Cheers Michael  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firmware passwords?

Do you guys use firmware passwords? We've had a few users boot to single user mode so they can create a new admin account on their computers. In Casper, how could I search for any Macs that have an admin account other than the ones I created? - jamie  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX Lion configurations no longer compile

Hi Guys, I'm not sure what's happened to our OSX Lion configurations but none will compile anymore. I would like to have added a screen capture of the very long error dialog that Casper Imaging displays but I couldn't work out how to do this. Anyway,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updates greyed out in ASUS

Hi guys,On my Apple Software Updates Server, observed from Server Admin tool, all the software updates are greyed out. They are either checked or unchecked and I can not change or highlight them. There is a Copy Now button near the bottom of window a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compose GarageBand extra loop content

Hi everyone,I prepared our base image without downloading the extra 1.2GB loopback files to GarageBand. So I need to find a way to roll it out. When I start Composer, I can see iLife 2011 under the preinstalled software.So I just updated my garageban...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Firefox Preferences

All, I am relatively new to Casper and Jamf so forgive me if this is a basic question. We are trying to update the default print margins for Firefox for about 120 users but are having trouble getting any of our changes to take effect. We were attempt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Updater Program Recommendations

Can anyone out there recommend a good program that centrally manages updates for applications, such as Macupdate Desktop or Ninite (which only works on PC's? I have been looking for a good way to centrally manage application updates and have yet to b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Extension Attribute to pull OS build number?

Ok, any script gurus here who can help us cobble together an Extension Attribute to capture and display the OS build number? Please point me to any existing method if I missed it. :) Here's what we have: $ system_profiler | grep "System Version: Mac ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Distribution Point Account Question...

I've created a test windows distribution point. Made local accounts for both casperadmin and casperinstall. I've replicated my main distribution point to the test distribution point on the windows vm with CasperShare on drive D. I was pleased when it...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flip4Mac Serial Number as an attribute

I thought that below script might be useful to some people on this forum. #This attribute returns the serial number present on the machine for Flip4Mac. #!/bin/sh if [ -f "/Library/Preferences/net.telestream.wmv.plist" ]; then result=/usr/bin/default...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove MDM profile from the JSS?

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the MDM profile of a iOS device thru the JSS?We need to be able to remove in-house apps that were installed with self-service when an employee leaves the company. Simply unmanaging the device in JSS doesn'...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Dock Item in Configuration Profile

I'd like to add the Self-Service icon to my users Dock's by default since we will be using this pretty heavily. I can add the Dock Item to Casper Admin, and create a policy to deploy it, and it does work. What I'd like to do however, is to deploy thi...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apple Configurator - Pros and Cons

Can anyone with experience of Apple Configurator share some Pros and Cons? I am not using this tool at the moment. Can anyone explain how does Apple Configurator fit in Casper environment? Or is it just not necessary to use since we have Casper to do...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors