Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

jss: Server Updates anyone?

Hiya all, Anyone install "Security Update 2012-001" & "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 7" and survive the reboot?Running Server 10.6.8 and the JSS is 8.4 Thanks in advance, -pat  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSus

I'm just figuring out JSS and NetSUS. When I've synced the NetSUS in its not displaying any of the updates in the web console.Anyone come across or have any ideas why?Thanks,  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Printer Sharing in System Preferences

Hi AllDoes anyone have any command/script suggestions for disabling printer sharing in System Preferences/Sharing?I have users in 10.6 & 10.7 who've managed to enable it and i'd like to group them all and disable it one go. Any help would be greatly ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 8.5 - NilObjectException Error.

Hi everyone. Not sure how many others have early access to the Casper Suite 8.5 gold master (I'm testing it against open tickets/defects I have with JAMF Support), but I encountered a new issue today in Casper Imaging 8.5, and, I'm just trying to fig...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flashback trojan EA

I just threw this together - mostly as an excuse to play with named pipes. It will tell you if one of the big 3 browsers or non-hidden users are infected with Flashback. *IF* I actually find it anywhere I will come up with something to remove it. #!/...  View more

• 44 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't get NetBoot service started.

I was playing around with the NetSUS today, it looks really great. But... I can't seem to get the NetBoot service started in the sense that the green light never turns on, stays red which I assume mean the service is not running. I trashed my install...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating Drag and Drop DMG's

Hey again- I want to pick your brains for a second. . . How do you go about dealing with DMG files where you drag the installer into the /Applications folder. Do you do the composer capture, Upload the DMG into Admin, or script it out? The app in que...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

One image for Macbooks, Pros, and Airs?

I prefer to use Composer to capture my OS images over InstaDMG. My image was built on newest macbook I had, but when I put this on an Air everything works OK, but in system prefs - Network - it shows up backwards (ethernet entry is showing my SSID se...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble with AD lookups

This is our fist-time setup and we are experiencing an issue with the AD/LDAP lookups. We have the mappings right for the user and we can search for a group but the issue comes when we search for group membership. No matter what we choose, the JSS ca...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NETBoot/SUS ip address

Hi, I managed to convert the Netboot/SUS appliance to Hyper-V, but I can't see how to add an ip address. Does anyone know how to do this? Best wishes Michael  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable/Disable File Sharing

Does anybody know of a way I can enable and disable file sharing using casper? I tried the enableFileSharing.sh -- (Enables or Disables Personal File Sharing on Mac OS X Clients) from the resource kit but it does not seem to be working on 10.6 or 10....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

reset an extension attribute value

is there an easy/clear way to reset an extension attribute value once it's been set? the value in question was set at some point via a recon drop down menu, it seems. the value may have been correct at some point but isn't now. short of digging throu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point considerations

For folks that have operations distributed (globally?), what have been your decision points when determining if you need a DP in a remote office vs the users there simply coming back to your JSS for their needs? I'm talking things like available band...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Second NetBoot Server

Hi guys,Can anyone point out KB articles which instructs how to set up a second NetBoot server?Or can anyone give some suggestions on things I need to be aware of when setting up a second NetBoot server?Thanks.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Config Trigger

Hey Guys,Was just having a look through the good old resource kit and noticed the "System Config Trigger" when sleeping and network changes etc cause the machine to check for policies etc. thought this might be a handy tool in my environment, but i c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Recovery is slowwwww~~~~~

I have tried a Lion Recovery from Recovery HD on mid 2011 iMac and it is incrediblely slow. It took me nearly 4 hours to finish the installation. I did it over the wireless, haven't tried on ethernet cable yet. If you have similar experience, please ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Diskless Netboot on NetBoot/SUS Appliance

I read that Netboot/SUS appliance supports diskless net booting but when i netboot I could not unmount the local hard drive. Are there any ways to getting that shadow file on the net boot server or using RAM for it? I am running the NetBoot on VMware...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Complex Application Usage Reports

Hi, – I would like to regularly create a set of Complex Application Usage Reports – And I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to the best way to go about this task… ? What I am looking to produce is: Each Month, "Application Usage Per Lab" My "...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Architecture Diagram

Does anyone have a good Casper architecture diagram that helps explain the infrastructure & apps interaction to the uninitiated? I was looking through some old Casper documentation and way back in my version 6.0 admin guide there's a great, simple di...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Home Button - What else is possible?

I discovered this blog post that provides a way to disable the home button on a device using a configuration profile: http://zchristopoulos.com/2012/02/how-to-disable-ipad-home-button-kioskstore-demo-mode/ This makes iOS devices function as a kiosk, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP/Email Question

im about to do a huge [5000+] rollout of iOs devises. i would like to use a policy to automatically set up the email on the devices. we use microsoft live mail. when i grab a user from ldap the username is populated with the username for our director...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion mcx printing and drivers

Not really an issue with Casper, but I'm looking for suggestions. We manage printer settings for our computer labs with Open Directory MCX. Our labs print to queues on a Windows print server. Everything worked great on OS 10.6, but with Lion, the pri...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup script help

Hey all! One of my coworkers came up with a script to automate backing up a user's home directory (to one of our servers) with no intervention. As far as I can tell, the script looks fine, and runs just fine from a terminal window. The problem I see ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors