Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

PKG (flat) vs DMG for deploying Mac App Store apps

Just wondering if anyone done any home work to determine if PKG (flat) or DMGs are better (faster or more reliable) for deploying Mac App Store apps like Final Cut Pro X or Compressor. I understand what the differences are between them, but wondering...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ClamXav Plists or MCX's

Been searching around for any info on this and am coming up short. Does anyone have any MCX's or info on controlling ClamXav using Casper?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Penn State MacAdmins Conference 2012

Who is going to the PSU MacAdmins Conference May 2nd -4th? Registration closes April 18th at 5 PM. Event Information: http://macadmins.psu.edu/Registration: http://macadmins.psu.edu/conference/registration2012  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Plug-in functionality

Right now there is very little on building a plug-in bundle that works with Self Service. Is there a way to build a bundle that is containing resources such as a PDF that loads when you click on the plugin in side of self service? We are looking to h...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hot Corners are no longer working

Not sure if anyone has seen or heard of this issue. But I have experienced this issue on CasperSuite 8.31, 8.4, 8.43, and 8.5.OS = 10.7.2 and 10.7.3We are using managed preferences to set a screen saver and password protect it, however once a user se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Illustrator broken links

Has anyone had to move Illustrator files from one server to another and it broke the links? What is a easy/non-manual fix for over 30,000 or more Illustrator files? We are moving our art files to a new server and the links will break, so I am trying ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Topic: Show your Imaging Routine

Any way we can get a thread with everyone taking screen shots of their Casper Imaging Image routine. Would love to see what everyones routine looks like and what post imaging scripts etc people are using.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kaspersky Flashback Removal Applescript

Kaspersky didn't lock/compile/whatever the AppleScript inside their removal app. http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/flashfake_removal_tool.zip set infectionFound to false set trojan to do shell script "/bin/launchctl export | /usr/bin/sed -...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flashback.I variant Safari cleaner

This one is pretty straightforward. Unlike the user cleaner I posted this one is not tested at all (forcing all Software Updates seems to have stomped out the infected files and variables on this machine...prolly going from Safari 5.1.4 to 5.1.5 squi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flashback.I variant user cleaner

I am only infected with the I variant so far. Here is what I came up with for cleaning it. Using the script in my other post I populated 3 Smart Groups. Flashback like infectedFlashback like userFlashback like safari I accidentally fully cleaned my o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service 8.51 Erroneous Failed status

After updating the JSS to 8.51, clients which are running the 8.51 Self Service app, are erroneously reporting Failed on every policy run. However, checking the server, it is in black, not red, the logs report everythig is fine and indeed the softwar...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion - Setting Airport at first boot after imaging

How can I get Lion to set the Airport SSID and password in the imaging workflow? I have used the command.../usr/sbin/networksetup -addpreferredwirelessnetworkatindex en0 "SSID" 0 wpa2 "password" This works great on the Macbook Air I am imaging, but I...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

reformat apm drive to guid via script in casper

I am trying to find a way to reformat a large number of intel drives that were set up with APM formatting while they go through the imaging process. Anybody else run into this one in the past. I have played around trying to get diskutil to do it but ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Net Boot Distribution Point

I am trying to Net Boot to one of my distribution points in another state and I have a question. Right now the distribution point is syncing with the JSS, so it is getting images and scrpits, etc.. But the Macs cannot see the .nbi file to net boot wh...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are you getting data off of an iPad?

I was curious how everyone is getting data (video clips, pics, docs etc..) off of an iPad to share with others? Right now in my school district, we are just plugging them into a PC and copy/pasting to SMB shares or whatnot. Has anyone used a 3rd part...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Active Directory C Connection on JSS

I have found the documentation to be lacking with regards to configuring the Active Directory integration on the JSS. I have 2 issues: What do I enter for the host? Every other AD connection I have configured usually just needs the domain information...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iChat MCX

Hi I am currently trying to create a managed pref to control ichat bubble colours and some other features in ichat. I can see the com.apple.ichat.plist and I can see the string of prefs inside that file. I wondered how can I get this into casper so I...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flashback - disable Java for all users script

If you want to disable Java for all users in Safari and Firefox (from what I have seen it doesn't appear to target Chrome) you can run the following script. Here is the pretty uncommented version: #!/bin/bash ff_users=() os_version=$(sw_vers -product...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using df -h command to show hard drive info

Hello, Does anyone know how I might utilize the df -h command to create a report on hard drive sizes and how much of each drive is being used? Possibly an extension attribute??? Thanks! -- Adam VadalaInfrastructure Engineer | CareerBuilder773 353 287...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flashback Trojan Extension Attribute

Given the concern that the Flashback Trojan is generating, I’m sharing a script which detects and reports infection of the Trojan. Using this script as an extension attribute you can report on whether each of the three major browsers is infected and ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat logs ballooning...

Something seemed a little off in the last few days. The database checks out fine, and everything appears healthy, however there are a few things that are strange. I keep getting some "failed" messages when running policies. This happens on several ma...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to disable automatic updates

We are looking to push out a script to disable automatic updates on Apples. Does anyone have a step by step walkthrough on how to do this? If not, does anyone have one they already use that we can take a look at? Thank you.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstallESD too many answers none work!

So since Lion I have always just used CCC to create a base image. I have since decided to use InstallESD and the recovery partition with the new JAMF additional features. Issue is no matter what article I see about InstallESD nobody has a 100% solid ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors