Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro.Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixes the following product issue:[PI110938] Jamf Pro no longer sends looping InstallProfile MDM commands to computers in the scope of automated deployments for Jamf Protect.Fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Update 31 January 2023: Today we released 10.43.1. Full details, including the Cloud Upgrade schedule, are posted here. Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The proces...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Upgrading from 7.1 > 7.21

OK, we finally increased RAM on our JSS box. Now we want to upgrade it from 7.1 to 7.21. I wanted to check to see if anyone ran into any show stopping glitches when they upgraded. I know every environment is different...we reviewed KB 267 (*). Was lo...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Entourage > WebServices

Sorry Casper-casters (like Stratocaster <-- a guitar) ... but had to let loose on this, cause on Microsoft site i'm just another annoying little Mac user with his i-Pad/Pod/Phone. I've been dealing with this since Jan 2010 in pandemic proportions!I d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compiling Configurations - Kernel Panics?

Hi gang, Finally got frustrated enough to feel the need to post this. I'm notsure what's going on, but I'm starting to see kernel panics about 1/3 ofthe time when I compile configurations in Casper Admin. I'm on a MBP unibody running 10.6.3, the conf...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Entourage Web Services

Hi all, While not specific to Web Services, I had major issues with cache/syncingproblems when we first rolled out Entourage 2008 & Exchange 2007 to ourusers in early 2009. It turned out to be virus protection active scanning,specifically McAfee Viru...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Entourage Web Services

Hi guys, We've been migrating people to Exchange 2007 & as such, we've been moving them to Entourage Web Services (EWS). We're using the latest version, BUT seems that quite a few of our users need to flush their cache every 2-3 days.. Is this simila...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet radio

Anyone have any way to detect if a user is listening to internet radio. We are trying to limit bandwidth use. Peter  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

More MBP i5/i7 oddities

Hi- After updating our Netboot image to 10.6.3 (10D2125) and our standard 10.6.3 build to the same in Imaging, I’ve got a brand new i5-based 15” MBP that is kernel panicing whenever you log out or restart it with that build of the OS. I thought, ok, ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature Needed...if even possible

I'm looking through the managed preferences for iTunes and even through the ManifestDestiny ones for iTunes and I am not seeing a way to disable the option to be able to import CDs. Our teachers love to bring CDs from home and import them onto their ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import list of computers into Static Group?

We found a pocket of several hundred Macs in one of the environments we support. We want to get these Macs into JSS so we can get them into a Static Group. Is there a way to import a tab delimited or csv text file that contains only MAC Address, Seri...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service printers

We have a request to provide printers to Mac users. Users OS ranges from 10.3/4/5/6. Printers are set up with IP reservation (no Appletalk; not printing through any Windows printer servers). I remember reading posts on this lists regarding providing ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile cloning servers and prestage imaging

Hello all, I'm hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction. I'm in the process of implementing our new Casper infrastructure, and prepping for our big summer re-imaging project. The first phase of which involves re-imaging all the teache...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS service and Casper

So, I had that issue with instaDMG support, Casper 7.2 and Software update. Well, I am happy that we did get 2TB additional storage for every Casper server in our enterprise. So, I will be brining in every Casper distribution point (dual quad-core xe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault at first login with AD

Hello, Does anyone have experience with creating filevaulted accounts at first login with AD? Currently we have everything setup just using OD and MCX policies and it works great. But we are moving toward AD. I have tried setting and unsetting the ho...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS available outside firewall?

Our jss is internal only and I have to wait for the sales staff to 'vpn in' to get updates or whatever. Do any of you have your jss available outside your firewall?What, if any, special security steps did you take to do this. I would like to have bet...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way to improve the speed of Casper Remote 7.2.1?

Dear all, since the update to 7.2.1 I have seen that the deployment of some dmg (2.2Gb size), like Adobe are taking too long If I use Netinstall, then it goes really fastI have not tried yet via casper policy. I have an Mac os X server Dual core with...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Threadjacking. (OT)

Hi list, I greatly enjoy reading everyone's posts and responses. I'd like to politely request to all members of the mailing list not to threadjack if possible. If you're not aware of what threadjacking is, it's basically taking a message on the list,...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blog Content Missing?

We run a couple of wikis / blogs internally from a 10.6 Server for sharingtroubleshooting information etc. among the tech staff. A few days ago one of my guy's blogs started coming up "No entries found" Ihave looked through /Library/Collaboration and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems Imaging New 13" MBP

This just makes no sense. I have 14 brand new 13" MBPs that I need to getimaged, and I can't seem to get the OS to install. My steps so far: - configure one machine using the installed OS so I have a machine to workfrom- create a disk image of the dr...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootcamp install on separate HDD's?

Hello, I'm looking for a solution to use Casper (7.2) to deploy our MacOS (10.6.3) image to one HDD and our Winclone (Vista or 7, depending if we can find a way to WinClone 7) image to a second HDD. Has anyone attempted this? Our Windows admin sugges...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote

Unable to use Casper Remote 7.21 to control desktops. It starts the VNCserver then the connect becomes closed. Has anyone else run into this issuewith the VNC on casper remote? Thanks for you time, Jon Yung  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot connect to CasperShare

Hi All, I have been lurking here for some time. I have an issue that I am trying toresolve. Have been able to successfully install Casper 6 and get the defaultCasperShare mounted without issue, this was several months ago. I have nowinstalled the Cas...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

i5/i7 netboot and imaging woes

Hey guys, hoping someone out there can set me straight here... First of all, are any of you having any luck with the new 10.6.3 retaildisks booting anything with an i5/i7 processor? I expected it to be able to,but we're having no such luck. We're try...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best JSS Fail Over Practice

Hi Guys, What is the best practice for JSS Fail Over, we are looking for automated fail over solution.....any suggestions welcome. Cheers Cem -----------------------------------------  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors