Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Bretford PowerSync for iPad

Hi guys,We are planning to get some Sync Cart for iPads in the classet.Have anyone got any experiences with these devices? Any feedback are welcome. We have lot of questions about how the Cart work?Such as how many iTunes account is needed per cart? ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Name !!!

Hi guys,Is there any way to restrict user from changing iPad name? When these were deployed, they were all named according to the Asset Number. Now the users' just change the name as they like. My Casper Inventory Report looks miserable.Thank you for...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Factory Image Restore

We capture images of all our computers and macs before we image them with our custom image, however it seems that the .AppleSetupDone file in /var/db is either being injected some how or being remembered and not erased. The first time I image a compu...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full disk backup via Self Service & Prestage

Guys: I am trying to build a Self Service job that will do the following: End user selects my "full disk backup" task A prestage job is populated with the serial number or MAC address of the user's machine Machine is netbooted into Casper Imaging and...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Last user checks against LDAP to fill in fields

I need to find a way to populate the last logged in user's info - I can do it manually by editing each entry in the JSS, and clicking the magnifying glass then selecting the correct entry, but is there a way to automate that?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 10.7 aware

Is there a easy way to tell all policies not to apply to builds 10.7+ ? I have way too many policies and I just don't want to go through every single of them and change smart group scope etc. Is there a easy way to assign multiple policies to OS vers...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to access JSS

After several weeks of the JSS running without any trouble I can no longer connect to the JSS. I've tried restarting the server/tomcat to no avail, and verified both are running. When running a port scan 8443 is not open. I'm running 8.43 on 10.7.3 L...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Global Distribution Points

Hi- So, started my new job (first day, yay!) and their installations are spread across 3 continents. I'm interested in seeing what folks do for distribution points in their remote offices. I'm actually thinking of some manner of "piggy backing" on th...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Refresh MCX settings via Casper Policy

Has anyone been able to run a policy to refresh OD MCX settings? I am trying to run a policy to force user machines to refresh their OD MCX settings via a policy that runs daily. This is what I have tried: #!/bin/shPATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help on Authenticating OpenLDAP users

I have my LDAP Server Connections established and I can perform lookups and find users within my OpenLDAP database. I can also find a user in my LDAP database and add them to the JSS Account settings giving them full rights (to ensure permissions is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Raleigh and Atlanta RUCs

Hello, I am with Code 42 Software, the makers of CrashPlan PROe backup and recovery solution. (You may recognize us as we are featured on the JAMF website.) I will be at the RUCs in both Raleigh and Atlanta next month, and would be very happy to meet...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin in Lion

I just created a VM of Lion and have been trying to launch Casper Admin in the vm. I keep getting an error that says "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down." Any suggestions? I am running Casper Admi...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: InDesign CS 5.5 Keyboard Shortcuts

I realize this is completely off topic and has nothing to do with Casper, but this is one of the greatest resources I've seen for admin/tech issues on the Mac. We've noticed on several machines that for some reason the keyboard shortcut to increase k...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Devices replacing others in JSS

I use the same dongle to load all MacBook Airs in my office, I recently noticed that if I load multiple Airs in a day with the same dongle they seem to replace each other in the JSS. Has anyone seen this or figured out a work around.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import Root and Intermediate Certs

I revised the script importCACert.sh from the JAMF Resource Kit in order to build a package that installed both the Root and Intermediate Certs, and always trusted the root. ``` !/bin/sh I left out the top end of Nick's Script #######################...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone Interested in a Casper's Bay Area Users group?

I was wondering if anyone in the San Francisco/Bay Area would be interested in attending a Caspers Users Group. We could meet maybe 4 times a year and get together to talk about what we are doing with casper and how we are doing it. Talk about issues...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSL Certification

I'm getting the following error when I try to image a Mac by connecting to JSS server:"The SSL Certificate for https://... will not be trusted" I've also check the "Allow invalid certificate" option Can anyone help?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite Link App from App Store

Hy JAMF Nation I Have a Problem with Casper when i will Link an App on the App storeWhen i search for an app then Casper find nothing but the App (Google Earth) exist in the App Store.in the JAMFSoftwareServer Log appears this: [ERROR] [SearchForAppI...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors