Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

problemas con profile configuration

I'm trying to implement profiles for the system but are unable to 10.7.If I JAMF configurationProfile command I get this: There are no profiles to apply configuration at the device level.There are no profiles to remove configuration at the device lev...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6 Cisco VPN and SelfService

Hi folks, is there a way to have a SelfService-Policy for setting up a CiscoVPN-Configuration? Merry Christmas!Holger ----Holger BartelsMax-Planck-Institut for Biophysical ChemistryIT & Elektronik ServiceAm Faßberg 11D-37077 Goettingen, Germanyphone:...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Thank you to everyone in the community for making my life a lot easier and I have learnt a lot over the past year just from this great community. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stable 8.x version query

We will be (finally) updating one of our client environments from 7.31 > 8.xx. Thanks to Apple for Lion-only bootable MacBook Pro laptops...oy! What's the most stable/reliable version? 8.31? 8.4? Wanted to get some feedback in case there's a release ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Laptop Monitoring Software

Hi Zach Could you guys incorporate features similar to the Prey Open Source Software solution into the Recon App? Security tracking features such as GPS location, screen captures, and webcam capturing would be a significant product enhancement. http:...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent name change on iPads?

Hi all, I don't think we can lock it down but I though I'd double check just in case!Can you prevent a user from changing the name of their iPad? I have one school in particular who are frustrated by students constantly changing the name the device. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 base installer from Apple USB 10.7 USB

Hi list, I've looked at JAMF site and through the posts here, but I can't find this one.. I have the Apple 10.7 USB stick, from which I'd like to create a base installer. I followed the instructions from JAMF, but that didn't work, I got a 'no entry'...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applications folder icon in dock

Dear Casper friends, My question is perhaps not strictly Casper related but I thought I'll ask here. I'm trying to get the Applications folder added into the dock automatically, but I'm unsure how to do this. Has anyone had some success with this und...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change pwd policy

Do NOT do an ongoing policy to change local account passwords. Do it once per machine policy. Cut a long story short...world of pain :(  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange Error

Retrieving Inventory Preferences from https://jss.foxinc.com:8443//...2011-12-20 13:57:40.685 jamf[62059:707] ** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'Identity Exception', reason: 'Unable to find a JAMF Device Identity in the JAMF Keychain.'** C...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuarkXPress 9

has anybody packaged quark to use a QLA server and not need an admin password on the first launch? i have found all the files that quark needs, and upon first launch i am told my evaluation has expired, do i have license info, i say i do, then the se...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with JSS

Hello, i'm new here and currently running the trial of Casper, butright now I'm bashing my head against a wall out of frustration. WhatI'm seeing is that inventory doesn't seem to update properly, i'musing 8.31. Here's what I get when running jamf re...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Separate Users Partition - PROs & CONs

I'd like to hear your opinion on having the user homes on a separate partition (in case you are using mobile accounts).So far i have been partitioning disks with a script that runsbefore imaging, creating a 60gig System partition and filling the rest...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 and Changing local user passwords remotely

Hi. Has anyone tried changing the password for a local administrator user remotely and not by going through passwd on a FIlevault 2 Lion system? We need to change the password securely on about 200 hosts without having to type it in each system. Our ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Off Topic] Acrobat Pro v9.x

So got a bit of an off topic question... Got a user that is trying to use Acrobat Pro to create a new doc from ablank page. When they do that it crashes, we've tried 9.4.2, 9.4.3, andnow 9.4.6... they always crash. However, if we install cs4 off the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off network policies - epic fail

For those of you also still reading the JAMF Listserve please excuse this duplication. I have been experimenting with a policy assigned to two network segments that are not included in our internal networks. Not being a network guy I am not sure if t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off network policies - epic fail

I have been experimenting with a policy assigned to two networksegments that are not included in our internal networks. Notbeing a network guy I am not sure if these are configuredcorrectly but here are the network segments I configured in thejss Off...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage and Computer Names

All: Has anyone come up with a way to use the Computer Name Assistant inPreStage to include part of the serial number from the computer? I'mlisting all of the serial numbers in the Scope and now I'd like to grab thelast 6 characters of the serial num...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Networks, Biggest Challenge, Biggest Benefit

For those who have embraced a Lion environment in an Active Directory environment, (and are in the mood to talk about it) could you share your experience? Do you have a mixed environment? What are the biggest benefits.....what are the biggest challen...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Question - Video content

Is it possible to push a movie content to iPad using Casper? - I think I know the answer is no, but it's worth asking. As it may trigger some ideas... Target here is to view video off line. Any input welcome! Cem  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Mac Mini screen resolution.

We have several classrooms around campus with a variety of video and switching hardware built-into our cabinets. One issue we run into is the Mac video resolution is not always set optimally for the projection system. Has anyone found a way to set (e...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors