Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Prey via Casper in the wild (almost)

We have recently put an external JSS node into production. To our surprise, several MacBooks that were stolen over a year ago were now checking in with our JSS. I have jumped on this to put a process in place using Prey (http://preyproject.com/) to g...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Certificate Communication Problem

We have a signed certificate from GeoTrust on our JSS. So I enabled the new "Use certificate communication with JSS" setting. The warnings said nothing about ensuring that the clients can access the JSS with the certificate- only to ensure that the J...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

List of computers with certain process running

We are a school that is looking to use LanSchool and I am working on pushing it out to a test group of machines. What I am wondering is if there is a way to get a list of computers with the process for Lanschool student version running. I have found ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes - 4GB File Limit on Mac (but not on Windows)?

I've created a *.mv4 file by combining to LOTR DVDs into one movie for iTunes/Apple TV2 and the resulting file is 4.3GB. I used HandBrake to encode the file (and had 'Large File Size' option checked). The resulting file plays fine with VLC and/or Qui...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNs Certificate Expiration/Renewal

Our APNs Certificate is about to expire and I am curious about how to renew the certificate and what impact that will have. Our certificate was created with our Apple Developer Account, not the new non-developer method. How do you renew the Certifica...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 8.4 changes

In Composers 8.3 and earlier, you could make a package simply by dragging files from finder into Composer. In version 8.4, I haven't figured out how to do this. Can anyone enlighten me?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper GSX connection behind Proxy not connecting

Hi All-Saw a question long ago on this topic but no responses. We have our Casper server behind BlueCoat proxy hardware and the connection to the GSX service in Casper does not work. It just sits at 0% of xxx number of computers. I know it has someth...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat redirect from 9006 to 8443?

So in the interest of buttoning a few things up over here I got the LDAP lookups setup with our CA cert so that it is done over SSL. I also got a public wildcard cert installed and setup in Tomcat so I can now goto: https://host.glenbrook225.org:8443...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Deployment of FileVault 2

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has a method of enabling FileVault 2 on Lion without end-user intervention?I have the master keychain made so I don't need to worry about recording numbers or sending questions to apple.I tried the script from the re...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf binary failed to install

Hi When I recon 8.31 on a Mac running OSX 10.6.7 I get the error message "jamf binary failed to install" I cannot find any other error or log info. Any ideas?  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Audit Of External Storage Devices

Problem Trying to find out the risk of external Storage devices is very challenging. Looking at the machines inventory in the JSS under Storage will only show the external storage devices captured at that time. If a user plugs in a usb flash drive fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Extension attribute help

Hello I have an extension attribute which does a simply cat of a txt file. The problem is the txt file has carriage returns in it and I would like to include them because the recon inventory shows all the information bunched together and i need to be...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy to enforce Computer Name

Is there a way to force the Computer Name using a reference list like a CSV? We have a good number of Mac users who are grandfathered in with admin rights. That's not likely to change. We're hoping to come up with a way to revert the Computer Name wh...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstaDMG: A short tutorial

So, there has been a lot of on and off discussion about InstaDMG over the years. I have heard the debate from all sides of InstaDMG. From the supporters and the naysayers. Overall, in my personal and professional opinion it is a very nice and powerfu...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon fails after JSS upgrade to 8.4

I upgraded my JSS yesterday and now I cannot run Recon on any of my devices. I get the following error: Recon failed during the submit processThis will fail if the JSS has an invalid certificate but the "This JSS has a valid certificate installed" ch...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee Security for Mac (ePO client config)

Hello, I'm trying to find some more information on getting our ePO server to see our Mac clients as managed objects. There was an install dmg file that was created for previous versions of OSX, but will not install on Lion. I have the new version of ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing 8.4 on Lion 10.7

Yay! A shiny new version of Casper Suite! 8.4! I'm looking to install it tonight on a Lion box. Anyone successfully done that yet? I've already got Java from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1421I don't have an Enterprise license of MySQL. Communi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Database Size

Hi All Just wanted to know if this is normal or not, or JSS database is around the52G mark, we are currently managing around 250 Macs via Casper. This looks really large to me, is this normal? Thanks Abz  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone looking for a job?

Folk, I'm not sure what etiquette dictates here; I definitely don't want to come across as spamming. I've had an offer of a position that, after some heavy consideration, I've turned down. The agency has asked if I might know anyone that would be a v...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf createAccount Issue

Hello: I am interested in using the "jamf createAccount" script to add an administrator account. However, I have noticed a problem and I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for this. The problem is with one of the parameters "-password" where you ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build base on a laptop, Mac Pro or Mac Mini?

Which do you use and why? I made my base from a Mac Pro but when it is installed on a Mac Book Pro two Ethernet connections show. Or do you use different base builds depending on what type of machine that is being imaged? Thanks ![external image link...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where to download Casper 8.3?

Where can I get the download to upgrade to Casper 8.3? I understand there is a newer version of Casper coming out very soon but I have 640 Macbook Airs to image immediately. I'm having some problems imaging the Lion Macbook Airs with my current versi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Casper NetBoot Automator Action broken?

We are in need of updating our NetBoot image to support newer hardware that is starting to become more and more prevalent in our environment. The issue I am running in to is when I create a new workflow and add the "Configure Casper for NetBoot" (At ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors