Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Tips and Tricks: Tweaking MySQL

Out of the box MySQL leaves a lot to be desired, especially if you want to scale your JSS up for a more robust and larger client base. Since the JSS can be ran on many different platforms and not every platform is the same you will be looking at edit...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tips and Tricks: setregproptool

So, if you are missing the setOFP ability from the Casper Suite, and want to automate firmware passwords at either post image or in the field with scripts you can do so with this command. This is due to Apple changing the hardware and firmware on all...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac Computers are reporting but not checking in.

Hello, We are facing problem in our environment as some of the Macs are reporting sending inventory to JSS Server after we run QuickAdd Package but not Checking in (Calling).I tried running recon from the terminal but it says Certificate is not trust...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for Outlook?

Hi all, Off topic, sorta, but anyone know/have a script that can change/edit some fields in Outlook 2011.I have an AppleScript I found that can do so (with a little bit of hair pulling). I'm pretty sure AppleScripts don't behave like Unix scripts in ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX in JSS or OD?

I don't know if it's something I'm doing or just a lack of understanding onmy part. But, I've attempted to use the MCX functionality in the JSS andhave had mixed results. I understand the basics of how to create policy,scope policy, etc in the JSS. B...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tips and Tricks: Example post image script

So, here is my post image script in example format. Take what you want and run with it. Post any modifications that may help people here. #!/bin/bash ######################################## # This is a post image script for student laptops # This sc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Pref's, WGM or both

We were going to implement WGM, but then purchased Casper. As we can manage preferences in Casper, I am not sure if we'll need WGM for anything at this point. Just curious what everyone else is doing. Is one easier/better than the other? Is anyone us...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Access Point for iPad 1-1

Hi all, Just wondering what people are using for iPad labs or 1-1 deployment.I'm currently testing a SonicWall NSA with SonicPoints for my 1-1 but I need to set up a roaming cart of 30 iPads with a plug-able WAP. Any thoughts? Regards,Ger...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD and Recon

Has anyone seen Error 1 when running the recon command with Apple Remote Desktop?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto populate LDAP in JSS

I'm trying to automatically get user information entered in from LDAP. I've seem some ideas on how to accomplish this using `last` and other scripts. Anyone have a solution they could share? Thanks,  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Database Utility woes

Hey all, I'm trying to import a backup of my JSS into a test environment. My goal is to have all of my MCX in a new environment. The JSS Database Utility is erroring out partway through. I have part of my inventory, but none of my policies or MCX aft...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Nation

Many of you may have already heard we have been working on acommunity website which we now call JAMF Nation. The website hasdiscussion features similar to this list, with many more additionalcapabilities. If you have not yet checked it out, we are ex...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing all clients from the JSS

Hey all, Is there a command that can be run on the JSS to remove all client entries? I've got a test server that I'm managing a few test boxes with, but I want to do a database restore from my production box (which will include all of my clients from...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Determine if update requires restart

Hey folks! I'm looking for a way to easily determine if a software update package from Apple requires a restart. Since I always have a battle with my users to get them to restart and run updates, I'd like to start forcing updates of items that don't ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin rights

Currently we have a process where an end user submits their request foradmin rights on a mac and it gets approved or denied. From there thecommittee sends me a note and I add them to our policy to grant adminrights, where I add their machine name to ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launchd Question

Hi Everyone. With Lion, I am constantly getting a "Proxy Authentication Required" dialog box. It comes from a process called UserNotificationCenter. Looking on the net, so are other people. And at times it doesn't accept a user's credentials, until t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Define Inventory Info in Scripts

Hello all. Looking for a bit of guidance on implementing a dynamic script. I would like to add the username defined in the JAMF/Casper inventory to the administrator group of the machine. The command is simple… dscl . -append /Groups/admin GroupMembe...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repairing CasperShare Permssions

I've always just done it through Server Admin j---Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood StreetLexington, Massachusetts 02420781.981.5436  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sending packages in 10.4.11 ??

HI,Could anyone verify for me that their policies or Casper Remoteinstallation of packages are working on 10.4.11?I am at JSS v 8.3.1 and my standing policies are not installing knowngood packages (they are running scripts as expected).Casper Remote ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates OSX Server10.7

Hi All I wanted to know if anyone had success with this, I'm trying to get Appleupdates working, but because we are behind an authenticated Proxy (we areusing Squid) I'm have "no Connection" errors. I've tried using squidman but with limited/unreliab...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

file location for JSS in nbi

So a while ago I edited one of my nbi files to point to a different JSS and now I want to edit it back with out having to create a new netboot installer. However, for the life of me I cannot remember where the file is located. I believe it is a Caspe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

APN certificate as .p12 file?

Hi all, I hope you can help. I'm going through the white paper "Generating anApple Push Notification Certificate" in order to set up the mobile devicemanagement portion of my server, and I think I'm missing something. Ican't seem to get the certifica...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile devices

Dear all, Do I need to have an IOS Developer status to get the ANP (Apple notification Push) in order to recon the mobile devices (say iPhone and iPads)??I tried the Recon software on the AppStore and gives me always "Bad username or password" Thanks...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver bug if machine left on over night 10.6

Screen saver bug Hi guys I have found since using InsaDMG to make images I get a problem where noteven a local-admin or the user can unlock the screensaver if the machine isleft on over night. I have found this from Apple but was wondering if any one...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension AAttribute to show Display SN#

I am trying to create an Extension Attribute that will show the attached thunderbolt display's SN#. I know how to get the info from the command line using /usr/sbin/system_profiler | grep "Display Serial Number" I have tried to create the Extension A...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

repackaging illustrator alongside photoshop

Has anybody ever seen issues with packaging Photoshop individually, then packaging Illustrator individually... and then finally deploying those two packages together onto the same Mac? Maybe the order of deploying varying, and that complicating share...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors