Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

VM conversion during migration

Is anyone converting users from VMWare to Parallels? Or from Parallels to VMWare? If so, is there a way to script conversion of the users' virtual machines from one format to the other? I know the chances of this being scriptable is low, and this is ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - practical policy limits

Was just seeing if anyone out there was extensively using Self Service and the number of available policies they had. We require authentication to use Self Service, and all our Self Service policies are scoped to AD groups. We currently have about 75...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 8+ CCK global addons

For clarification after a ridiculous amount of testing and the mozenterprise list keep pointing to outdated documentation!!!!! * The documentation is outdated and is incorrect causing mass confusion forenterprises: https://developer.mozilla.org/En/De...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FF 8 is still a big step backwards

Guys any chance you can put in future firefox versions to put in the default prefs within every app bundle of FF to always not prompt for extensions placed here on Mac osx “/Library/ApplicationSupport/Mozilla/Extensions/{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS best practices / white paper?

At least one member of this list wrote a document either describing their experiences and/or providing best practices for deploying iOS devices with Casper. Provided my partial memory is correct, I would appreciate it if someone could repoint me back...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS as a Linux VM

I wanted to get people's opinion on running the JSS as a Virtual Machine. Is anyone running the JSS on a VM (linux in particular) and if so, how's it perform? We're currently running the JSS on a Mac Pro since Apple has discontinued the Xserve. I'm n...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted environment

Hello, Jamf List serv I am working with a JDC and wondering if anyone has used the Lion ---- configuration profile to limit access to application and white list. We were using parental controls to limit. Let me know if anyone has had success in this ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unrelated question--ADmitMac & LDAP

Hey folks- I have a totally unrelated question, but thought I'd post to see if I could get some feedback from anyone using ADmitMac. Here's what I'm trying to do: The campus side of our network runs AD. We have an LDAP server running in the compsci d...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update - Interesting client-side tidbit

So I'm setting up Reposado and inline with my "https everywhere" mantra I'm planning on delivering updates over https with it (instead of http like normal SUS). Turns out, the SUS client (in 10.7 anyway) requires a valid cert. Software Update Tool Co...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kudos to Jody Rodgers and his installer dev team

Thanks Jody Your teams efforts are very encouraging and are instilling faith back in to a once annoying Adobe admin dilemma. I am very much looking forward to seeing what other improvements are to come. Just one thing though can you have a word with ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot not working with new Lion macbooks

We just received a batch of brand new macbook pro's that shipped with Lion. We cannot net boot to our existing 10.6.8 net boot image.. If we try over and over we can get it to boot on occasion but rarely. I created a net boot image using Lion and the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit com.apple.loginitems.plist

I need to delete an item in the com.apple.loginitems.plist file in the /LIbrary/Preferences/ directory for most of my users that has gotten in there erroneously. I have added items to plist files via script before. I have edited items before. But tho...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding open source software projects

So, how exactly should we categorize third party open source solutions on this site? I was going to create a category just called "Open Source," but there is no company or publisher. Then I guess we can get into GPL/GNU/BSD open source licensing if y...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper and DeepFreeze

Hello Everyone, I have been a member of this group for a long time, and I figure it's time for my first post. We currently are implementing a one to one macbook solution for our district, and we are running into issues with kids creating admin accoun...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

EAP-TLS 802.1x System Profile Mac OS 10.6

Hi, I am still battling to automate EAP-TLS 802.1x for mac OS 10.6. InitiallyI wanted to implement this zero user interaction. But broken command line(confirmed by Apple this command doesn't work after 10.6.4)"networksetup-settlsidentityonsystemprofi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin: Errors Creating Lion Installer

I'm on a Macbook Pro running 10.7.2 and I've imported the ESD.dmg folderfrom a 10.7.1 lion installer into Casper Admin. No problems there. However,the software will not identify the DMG as an apple installer and errors outwith a chain of gobbledygook...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Server 10.6.8

I've been holding off on updating my XServes to this version because of those nasty process hog issues I heard about. However, I'm moving my JSS to version 8.31 tomorrow and would like to patch the server first. Is anyone out there on 10.6.8 and stil...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting FUT's?

Hi Guys, I've a script that i wish to run @ 1st boot after imaging & only on my MacBooks. Script would run something like the following: /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :menuExtras:0 string "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/VPN.menu"" /System...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences - Slow Login.

Hi list members, This fall I switched over from doing the majority of my preference settings and tweaking from using the User Template to JAMF Casper's managed preferences feature. From the management side of things, this works well, as I spend a lot...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

mcx export example

I got a lot of requests for this so I posted it on JAMF Nation. Sorry if I did not respond to your email directly I got a bunch this last week. https://jamfnation.com/discussion.html?id=33 Thanks, Tom  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Example of MCX export file

I got a few requests off the mailing list to share this. It is a highly managed MCX export of a basic student account which grants access to nothing. Furthermore, it also limits applications from being executed with in certain allowed file paths. For...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP Helpers and Netboot across subnets

Has anyone set these up to enable netbooting across subnets without a bless command? I'd like to get these set up but don't know enough about it. A key piece of info may be that our DHCP and Netboot server are different boxes. Not sure if this preclu...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP Helpers and Netboot

Has anyone set these up on their network to enable netboot across subnets by holding N instead of a bless command? Thanks!---Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood StreetLexingto...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Self Service Webclip installed

Hi Guys,I have enrolled my first iPad to MDM. It says URL enrollment successful on the JSS. However, the iPad had no Self Service installed and when I check the JSS inventory, it shows no information but the UID.So it looks like it has not been compl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors