Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Imaging Macbook Air - JSS not ignoring dongles?

I have the dongle adapter in the MAC ignore section of the JSS. If I recon 2 airs (with same ethernet adapter plugged in), they show as 2 machines in JSS. The ethernet address 2 is correctly blank/ignored. If I remove both machines from JSS and image...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to ensure use of compiled?

We've got a compiled base image, but I've found a number of my packages have to be installed on a booted system. Is there a recommended way to ensure that I'm still getting the speed of a block level copy while at the same time being able to install ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change settings on existing NetBoot image?

Client provided us with a NetBoot image from their Casper infrastructure for us to use on our internal Casper infrastructure in order to mass image systems for them. The issue is that their NetBoot image is set to go looking for their JSS server, and...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media Access with MCX

Anybody using Managed Preferences to either prevent access or use read-only access for external drives? I've tried testing this, but my experience appears to be: LionWorks as long as it isn't fat formatted Snow Leopard Deny Access: Works as long as i...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

create hidden admin account ( without casper )

Hi folks, Its early days where I am on the Casper front, so as much as I'd like to I can't use it to help me here. I need to create a hidden local admin, I'm fully aware of the script required for this and have that all in place, my one issue is that...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error when enroll iOS devices base on Casper 8.52

I just fresh install Casper Suite 8.52 and testing enroll iOS device to inventory.On my iPad first enroll step "Install Root Certificate" is ok but it will show error whengo to next step install "MDM Profile"Our iPad wil show "https://mac.server.com:...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS6 Adobe After Effects pkg'd with AMEE

We packed AAE cs6 for a small deployment via AMEE, the package works when we just dbl click it and install manually, but when we try to dply via casper it errors out with 2 different errors - the first is happening early on the log - "Installing Afte...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password on Admin account on New Image

I'm testing creating images with instadmg. I placed the image in Casper Admin - without having created an admin account in instadmg. I set my configuration with Ensure computers are managed, username and password set for the admin account. After imag...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating an Alias

I'm new to writing scripts in OS X. I need to copy a file (or preferably an alias) to the user's desktop. It is our AUP (in PDF form) that the board has decided needs to be on the desktop. I want to set it up as a script so if the user deletes it, I ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Adobe Camera Raw 6.7

I've successfully packaged previous versions of Adobe Camera Raw without issue but every method I've tried with ACR 6.7 has failed. This install works between composer snapshots but once it is packaged and pushed out it fails to install. Casper logs ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I re-activate greyed out System Preferences?

Used Enabled System Preference Panes template to grey out the Security & Privacy and Desktop & Screen Saver Preference Panes. I removed com.apple.preference.desktopscreeneffect and com.apple.preference.security from the list to accomplish this. It wo...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Plug-in Disabled

Getting this error on first login to fresh machine that has 10.7.4 and latest Java (2012-003) from Apple. We'd like to turn it back on for the users through a policy or (better) during the imaging process. Any ideas? external image link  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting a Compiled confiuration

Is it possible to delete a compiled configuration? I have one left over form last year (I've not re-compiled yet) and when I replicate its slowing the process down. I feel it must be in the manual someplace dammed if I can find it....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock web link as self service item...not showing up

So, I have two links that point to our local scholastic server for Educator Access and Student Access. I would like to have the dock icons/links available as a self service item. From my workstation, I had the two weblinks in my dock, and added them ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleted Profile, now no profiles work on clients

I deployed my first profile today to an OS X client, and it went without a hitch. I then deleted it and tested a second, and it never applied. I looked through the server log and it is constantly generating this error: 2012-05-23 13:38:20,376 [ERROR]...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FirstRun does not run, name computer or bind to AD

I am a new Casper user so forgive me if I mix up some of the vernacular. Here is my setup... We're trying to setup a workflow that involves imaging MacBooks Airs over Thunderbolt with Target Mode Imaging from a few workstations have have a local copy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open to Active Directory

Has anyone sucessfully migrated using Open Directory on 10.5 to active directory? Any help would be very much appreciated.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Netinstall for 10.7

I'm having problems net booting to some devices now. I've got a new Mac Mini with lion but i need to redo the net install image. It seems that the Casper Netinstall app thats in the resource kit doesn't work with 10.7. Anyone know where to go with th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Self Service

When I push apps via self service, users are prompted for their itunes ID/password. If they inadvertently hit cancel at that prompt, it seems they can't install the app via self service. If they go back to self service and click on the app name, they...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to hash a password

Is there a command or tool we can use to create a password hash so it can be used in a script for JSS? In the "old days" (pre 8.4) when Recon used to spit out QuickAdd installers with postflight scripts that included hashed passwords, we were a coupl...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper in FRONT of login screen....?

so ok, we already use jamfHelper very frequently here. way better than growl or applescript in my opinion. and, in early testing in both leopard and snow leopard, we loved the fact that it would pop up a window even in FRONT of the login screen. very...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting multiple partitions

I need assistance in scripting multiple partions in casper 1) Macintosh HD 50gb (Primary OS and applications)2) Recovery HD 1gb3) Restore Partion 15gb3) Data resizable dependent on remaining space. (Home folders will live here) Any help would be appr...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors