Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

updating JSS on CentOS

does this process seem about right? download new jss components (8.22 in this case) stop tomcat6 mv aside /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/ROOT and ROOT.war service tomcat6 start tail the catalina log to ensure tomcat unpacks the .war and starts properly log...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest account and airport keychain bad

I've been getting this weird issue on about 20% of my newly imaged machines where the guest account doesn't work (the blank passwork isn't accepted) and the airport always needs the WPA password entered everytime the computer is restarted or woken fr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX Export to plist for Casper

Hi all. Does anyone have a script that will convert a plist 'mcxexport'ed from adirectory managed via WGM into a plist (or series of plists) suitable forimporting into Casper? Cheers,Clinton  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD, Lion and IPv6

If you have issues with 10.7.x binding to AD and don't currently use IPv6, take a look at this article. It may help. http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story110805100012401 --James Fuller | Starbucks Coffee Company | Client Productivity Engineerin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transparent ASUS

Hi Guys, We're a proxied environment.. as such i created a transparent ASUS so we can report in the JSS what updates the users Macs require. BUT our master ASUS which is also reading the internal DNS so is not updating as it's looking at itself. We n...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7.2 Combo Update

Dude, NDA.---Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood StreetLexington, Massachusetts 02420781.981.5436  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gather AD Information

So in my experience, when binding to AD, duplicate Search Policies get created both in the Authentication section and the Contacts section. By leaving these duplicates in, authentication will often fail, or take forever to get logged in. Open Directo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Killer" Policy - has anyone experienced this?

Hello,I have a big question mark after a very simple policy messed up a few clients here. Scenario: JSS 8.1 running from OSX Server 10.6.8, clients are 10.6.8 The policy just contains a simple pkg created with Composer to install Cyberduck at login. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licenses & Managed/unmanaged machines

Anyone using their JSS to track licensing? One thing we are finding, is that 'unmanaged' machines (computers we still own, but are in storage) show up on our Licenses in the JSS. Is there a way to make it so the Software Licensing only counts managed...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

netbootXX on lion server?

Any idea why I every time a machine netboots from my lion server I get anew netboot01, 02, 03, 04 account created? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 Page: (224)532....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

problem with 8.2.2 Casper Admin on 10.7.1 Server

Hi,When I open the Casper Admin on my 10.7.1 Server and try to login I get this error (see attached picture).I can access from a 10.6.8 non server without any problem.I already recreated the server entry on the casper admin and still the same issue. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service & HTML

Hey Folks, Although we've had simple HTML calls (,

, etc.) inversions 6.x and 7.x of Casper's Self Service app, that supports seems tohave dropped in v8.21, is that correct? As of today, none of those calls areworking and I can't imbed a link eit

...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage FileVault 2

Does anybody here have any experience using JAMF to centrally manage FileVault 2? I'm hoping for a way to centrally store, and remotely revoke FDE keys akin to how WinMagic and similar tools can. Cheers, - D -----------------------------Douglas Worle...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Wipe using JAMF?

Hey all. I've heard of some use cases of the Casper Suite to enact a remote wipe of a lost computer. Does anybody have an example of such a script/policy to share? Were I to build something from scratch, I would write a bash script calling srm to wip...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox parentlock file

Hey all, I was curious as to what a recommended approach would be to getting rid of a single file in a firefox profile directory. The command to do what I'd like would be:find /Volumes/Users/logname/Library/'Application Support'/Firefox/*/* -name ".p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

LoginWindow Delay - Lion

Does defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow StartupDelay -int still work in Lion? I have it on our 10.6 image to delay it for 120 seconds to make sure the firstboot script finishes up. In lion I'm not seeing any kind of delay. Than...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post-upgrade Management?

Hey all, Thanks for the help in getting Lion updates working from Self Service. I've just got one last question. I'm running a before script to unhide our local admin account, so it won't be destroyed by the upgrade process. What is the best way to e...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Recovery HD

Hi, I wrote this script to remove the Recovery HD and add the space to the Macintosh HD volume. Maybe you'll find this usefull. ---#!/bin/sh diskutil list > /tmp/diskutil while read linedo# Find the Mac OS X 10.7 Recovery HD volume and eraseif `echo ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update of GSX Information in 8.21

Howdy All,I can't seem to find the area in the JSS where I can refresh the GSX data associated with the computers currently inventoried. Has this function been removed? I can update individual computers with GSX data when I go to the Details of each ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service asking for admin credentials

Hey all- We have a maintenance policy in our Self Service (now version 8.21) that clear caches, repairs permissions and reboots the computer. Up until this latest release, users have been able to execute the policy without issue. It would seem that a...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Printing

How is everyone here handling iPad printing? Airplay is out of the picture and Printopia seems pretty pricey. --Matt Lee, CCA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDTSenior IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper AdministratorFox Networks Group  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Defaults Write Command Syntax Question

Hello Casper Listers! First forgive my Noobieness OK! I am hoping to getthis problem in front to some Smarter eyes. A security requirement on ourMacs is to have System Preferences-->Security pane--> General tab, 'Requirea password to unlock preferenc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading JSS

Hey Guys, Been using Casper for a while, but this is my first JSS upgrade. Can someone point me to some documentation on upgrading to 8.2? Thanks! Drew---HUGEDrew Weiss/Lead IT Support Technician718.880.3794 /F. 718.625.5158www.hugeinc.com  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Airdrop in 10.7

HiCasper Newbie here … I need some help.Has anyone figured how to Disable or Remove Airdrop in 10.7 Modifying the sidebar plist only unchecks it.Thanks-Ben**Ben Segbawubens at fnal dot govFNALComputer Division - Engineering Services**  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual Boot?

All: I've looked through old list submissions and read all the stories ofheartburn regarding Winclone going away. What I'm wondering is if anyone has found a way to successfully deploy aWindows partition and Windows 7 image to a Mac Mini (brand spank...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Updates At Logout With Lock Screenfrom Sabrina

I was trying this out, and I seem to be having a problem where thefullscreen logo won’t go away and I’m not sure where the log file isfor the software updates to see if they are still installing or ifit’s just hung somewhere… I did have to modify the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

adobe reader 10

So, For the longest time I have had my users using preview instead of Adobe reader for PDFs. Now some genius apparently purchased software with out anyone testing it first and the app itself is hard coded to use Adobe Reader 10, only. Last I read the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors