Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self-Serving Lion?

Apologies if this has already been discussed…been away for awhile. Is anyone self-serving Lion to their users? What do I actually need to include/run from the Lion installer to allow non-admin users to update on their own terms? We've got our volume ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Certificate Expiration Dates

Hi, We are deploying x.509 certs to our macs for WiFi and VPN connectivity. One of the management tasks for me is to track the certificate expiration dates. I found the certtool however, I was wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution or b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating back to OSX Server

So our Windows JSS was a fun experiment but it looks like we are running into to many hiccups and moving back to OSX. Wheres the punch bowl??? --Matt Lee, CCA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDTSenior IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper Adm...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Fusion permissions headache

Hi everyone, I'm wrestling with a permissions issue with my VMware Fusion XP image thatI'm hoping someone can shed some light onto. I followed the JAMF-providedwhitepaper and thought I had done everything correctly. But after a fewtries of packaging ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Profile Problem in 8.21

Prior to rolling up to 8.21, I could create an enrollment profile in theJSS, download it to my computer and then add it to the iPhone ConfigurationUtility Library without any problems. Monday, I upgraded the JSS to 8.21following the release notes and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory of .psd or.ai files on user hard drives

Does Casper or ARD have the ability to get a inventory of specific files on a users hard drive? I need to find out how many photoshop .psd or illustrator .at files a user may have stored locally. Thanks ![external image link](attachments/719abe1d44f1...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching from HTTP to HTTPS downloads

Pinged support and they said the best route to get this working was to hit up the message board. Anyone have the process nailed down and working for them? If so, can you little 'r' me and let me know how to set this up. Switching the pop up from HTTP...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point on Linux

I run SMB shares off 5 Redhart VMs 2 things is make sure File Sharing has username and Passwords when you set up Pints in the JSS, As in my screen shot. below is the Contents of my smb.conf also [global] workgroup = MYGROUP server string = Samba Serv...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Schedule casper share replication

With the JSS Utility gone (but not forgotten), how do we setup schedulesfor the Casper Share replication to ensure our servers are all kept upto date? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distibution Point on Linux

Hi *, I'm having trouble trying to setup a Casper Distribution point on a Debian Linux server hosted via Samba. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but this is where I'm at... I have a working config file that allows 'casperadmin' read/write access ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot - Lion

Hi Guys, Just wondering if the Casper NetInstall Creator was not to be used with Lion and the new version of Casper ?Is the System Image Utility, combined with the Configure Casper for NetBoot Workflow supposed to replace this ? I am finding that wit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 server uses postgre

So, Anyone running a JSS on 10.7 server? I read it uses postgre instead of MySQL. This doesn't surprise me, but am curious if anyone has migrated. I am leaning towards next roll over (OS ugprades) of ditching OS X Server completely and using Linx wit...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

jss on cent os 5.6 i686

does anybody have notes on jss 8.2.1 installation on 32-bit cent os/rhel? i have a working 8.1 install but am looking to upgrade to 8.21 without spinning up a fresh 64 bit vm. likewise, what's the easiest way to expand the .run installer archive to e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Widget Search

Extension attribute. I'll assume that your folks appropriately used the info.plist in the widget bundle. Return the value of your CFBundleVersion in there and then scope off of that Extension attribute. j---Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client Se...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

anyone else having 10.7

10.7 issues when trying to use a lion installed system and 10.7 Server tools with a 10.6.8 OD Server? I can't seem to connect at all from one computer but with my older computer (10.6.8) it works just fine... ![external image link](attachments/6d1742...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Lion Recovery Utility

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1433 Make your own and get rid of that Recovery partition. This may make deployment a bit easier for some folks knowing they have this option. Perhaps distribute a USB key with this on it with a machine instead of having...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 OS package creation

Dear all, I made a Casper 10.7 Image using Composer to deploy via Casper Remote but it does not work.It just skips the dmg. I tried to CCC to the disk and this worksThanks in advance,Best, Carmelo Lopez Portilla ITS EMBL HeidelbergTel. +49 (0) 6221 3...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centrify Express

Any Centrify Express users here? Its free and its a complete re-write of the Apple AD bind it seems. I wonder if it would be worth it to ditch Apples own tool and move to this seeing as Centrify had AD working before Apple did :D  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Determining a Mac's bindings

Hey folks, Trying to see if there is a way to determine a Mac's directory bindings remotely? I can touch each Mac remotely or physically visit each Mac, but there should be a good way of determining if a Mac's bindings are working correctly. Any thou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting /etc/authorization

Hello all. One of the things I've sometimes wanted to do is figure out how to do some text manipulation in /etc/authorization in order to allow non-admins to administer the timezone settings. Perhaps there is a better way, but in order to allow non-a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

partitioning drives

Hi,Does anyone have a script or know of a way I can partition a drive during Casper Imaging?? Eric GrahamSenior Systems AdministratorBFA PhotographySchool of VISUAL ARTS214 East 21st Street, 5th floorMailing: 209 East 23 StreetNew York, NY 10010-3994...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding Issues

I have a strange issue the networking department changed the passwordfor the account that Casper used to bind computers to AD, (they havesince changed it back) but now all the MACs that were bound with Caspercan't access network SMB share resources. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

system_profiler hangs?

I'm using system_profiler in an extension attribute script to provide the location of all the preference pane files. system_profiler SPPrefPaneDataType | awk '/Location:/ { print $2 }' Generally speaking this runs every time without issue. On some sy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Topic - PolicyBanner

I saw on AFP548 a video of them using a logo on their policy banner,when I tried to put our company's logo on ours and save as a RTFD fileit only displays a generic icon of whatever format the picture is in(.jpg, .tiff, .gif, .png) when I drop back t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Air 2011 Image

I had read a post over on MacE about this and thought I would give it a try with the new MacBook Air. if you boot to recovery you can essentially install Lion to an external drive and you are able to extract the InstallESD.dmg for that model. Here ar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX pref for Adobe Acrobat

I have turned on the self heal managed pref but it dose not work. I am running 10.7 and adobe acrobat 9.4.5. Is it working for anyone out there? would really love to get this working. I am a returning user to casper. Used it before and had to working...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors