Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Problems with managed preferences

Hi all, I've got a bit of a head-scratcher for you all. After creating a new image for my Macs, and pushing said image to the Macs, my managed preferences that are managed in Casper are no longer being applied to my Macs. I have it pretty much narrow...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Storage/unresponsive issue with xserve

Hello, I know this is not related to JAMF at all, but I know there are a lotof very talented individuals here with a lot of Apple experience. I waswondering if any of you have run into a similar issue, and if you have; howwere you able to resolve it?...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't login to my JSS is saying Alerting Table Plugins :(

Can't login to my JSS is saying Alerting Table Plugins :( What the heck does this mean!!!! Its been this way for almost an hour. ![external image link](attachments/c5281fcbd2ec40ec8499c606fb13c852) --Matt Lee, CCA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDTSenior IT Analyst / De...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile homes, open directory, and MCX via Casper

Greetings. I work in an almost all-mac school division, and we use Open Directory toauthenticate our clients. We have a dozen schools, and, after ourexperiment using a Master Open Directory with a dozen replicas caused us alot of grief, we are using ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

https access to JSS is blank after upgrade to 8.2.1

Hello, This is what I get for upgrading on a Friday afternoon. I upgraded my JSS to 8.2.1 from 8.1. Now when I attempt to access the JSS via https://myjssname:8443 the site appears to load** but the page is blank. Happens no matter what machine I use...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hardware Specific Lion Installers - How To Get

Well, Josh and the gang at AFP548 put up an article yesterday on how to getthe hardware specific Lion install for your machines. http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=getting-lion-installers Glad someone figured this out fairly quickly. Steve WoodD...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to change IP of JSS?

If you have to re-ip your JSS, how do you make that change and get it out to all your clients?--Walter Rowe, System HostingEnterprise Systems / OISMwalter.rowe at nist.gov301-975-2885  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Feature Request] Better policy managment

Doing our 1:1 switch out from our old laptops to our new ones, I am having to delete tons of old policies. There needs to be a way to sort and select multiple policies and delete them at once. Like, only display policies set for every 30, or disabled...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Deployment Best-Practices

Good morning,We're looking at our first true iPad deployment that would be managed by Casper. What lessons have you learned that you can share with a novice MDM engineer? Anything at this point would be helpful. Our environment consists of the follow...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two Lines on Login Window

Is there anyway to setup Managed Preferences so that it displays two lines on the login window? It looks like you can only do one in the standard template provided. Thanks, Drew---HUGEDrew Weiss/Lead IT Support Technician718.880.3794 /F. 718.625.5158...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Line breaks in Self Service 7.3.1?

I hope I am wrong, but it looks like line or paragraph breaks are not possible in Self Service 7.3.1. Am I correct? Sean~~~~~~~~~Sean AlexanderDesktop AnalystMacintosh Services DeliveryLockheed Martin - Enterprise Business Services~~~~~~~~~  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppressing the Apple "first-run" process

Hello! Like many of you, we've been experimenting with Lion. One issue we've beenwondering about is whether it is possible/advisable to make images from a"never-started" install of an OS, and doing $whatever_it_takes to suppressthe first run, "Welcom...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package could not be found on the server

My 8.1 JSS has 9 remote xserve distribution points, and all are replicating fine. I added a software package and script yesterday, and created a policy to deploy them this morning. All is going well except on one of the distibution points, where the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tell finder to quit & not relaunch....

Is there a way of telling the Finder to quit & not relaunch? PeaceNeil Neil MillerIT Director + 32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013* neil.miller at bbh-usa.com( +1 212 812 6628www.bartleboglehegarty.com ![external image link](attachments/fe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Serving Lion?

Apologies if this has already been discussed…been away for awhile. Is anyone self-serving Lion to their users? What do I actually need to include/run from the Lion installer to allow non-admin users to update on their own terms? We've got our volume ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Certificate Expiration Dates

Hi, We are deploying x.509 certs to our macs for WiFi and VPN connectivity. One of the management tasks for me is to track the certificate expiration dates. I found the certtool however, I was wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution or b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating back to OSX Server

So our Windows JSS was a fun experiment but it looks like we are running into to many hiccups and moving back to OSX. Wheres the punch bowl??? --Matt Lee, CCA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDTSenior IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper Adm...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Fusion permissions headache

Hi everyone, I'm wrestling with a permissions issue with my VMware Fusion XP image thatI'm hoping someone can shed some light onto. I followed the JAMF-providedwhitepaper and thought I had done everything correctly. But after a fewtries of packaging ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Profile Problem in 8.21

Prior to rolling up to 8.21, I could create an enrollment profile in theJSS, download it to my computer and then add it to the iPhone ConfigurationUtility Library without any problems. Monday, I upgraded the JSS to 8.21following the release notes and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory of .psd or.ai files on user hard drives

Does Casper or ARD have the ability to get a inventory of specific files on a users hard drive? I need to find out how many photoshop .psd or illustrator .at files a user may have stored locally. Thanks ![external image link](attachments/719abe1d44f1...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching from HTTP to HTTPS downloads

Pinged support and they said the best route to get this working was to hit up the message board. Anyone have the process nailed down and working for them? If so, can you little 'r' me and let me know how to set this up. Switching the pop up from HTTP...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point on Linux

I run SMB shares off 5 Redhart VMs 2 things is make sure File Sharing has username and Passwords when you set up Pints in the JSS, As in my screen shot. below is the Contents of my smb.conf also [global] workgroup = MYGROUP server string = Samba Serv...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Schedule casper share replication

With the JSS Utility gone (but not forgotten), how do we setup schedulesfor the Casper Share replication to ensure our servers are all kept upto date? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distibution Point on Linux

Hi *, I'm having trouble trying to setup a Casper Distribution point on a Debian Linux server hosted via Samba. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but this is where I'm at... I have a working config file that allows 'casperadmin' read/write access ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot - Lion

Hi Guys, Just wondering if the Casper NetInstall Creator was not to be used with Lion and the new version of Casper ?Is the System Image Utility, combined with the Configure Casper for NetBoot Workflow supposed to replace this ? I am finding that wit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 server uses postgre

So, Anyone running a JSS on 10.7 server? I read it uses postgre instead of MySQL. This doesn't surprise me, but am curious if anyone has migrated. I am leaning towards next roll over (OS ugprades) of ditching OS X Server completely and using Linx wit...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

jss on cent os 5.6 i686

does anybody have notes on jss 8.2.1 installation on 32-bit cent os/rhel? i have a working 8.1 install but am looking to upgrade to 8.21 without spinning up a fresh 64 bit vm. likewise, what's the easiest way to expand the .run installer archive to e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors