Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

script to change visibility of idisk in finder sidebar?

Hi all, Is there a way to hide idisk in the finder sidebar via script? Our secure configuration guidelines recommend this being hidden. There is a plist file /Users///Library/Preferences/com.apple.sidebarlists.plist where you can see the various item...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCA first week of November

Hey Everyone, We will be hosting a CCA course first week of November. I honestly don't know the details, but if any of you come down I know all the good taco joints and cheap beer places :-) -Tom  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore Partition Users

Can I get some best practices or overall advice/experience from Restore Partition Users please :) --Matt LeeFNG Sr. IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper AdministratorFox Networks Groupmatthew.lee at fox.com Need Help? Ca...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper NeBoot Image creator - with ARD

Anyone ever manage to create an image with the Casper NetBoot Image creator and have ARD available on it as it boots? Nick Caro Senior Desktop Support Administrator Phone +1 212-239-5741 Fax 212-946-4010 nick.caro at rga.com R/GA 350 West 39th Street...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos

Does anyone use Sophos as their AV solution and if so how are you configuring it to install? Thomas GuidryClient/Server AdministratorTexas Christian University  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - Job in Seattle

Came across a nice posting today. http://careers.nwjobs.com/jobs/detail/39194719/1879?CMPID=272 Nick Caro Senior Desktop Support Administrator Phone +1 212-239-5741 Fax 212-946-4010 nick.caro at rga.com R/GA 350 West 39th Street New York, NY 10018www...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Lion Upgrades Using Casper

I want to make sure my Mac users cannot upgrade to Lion the day it comesout. Especially because I am certain it will come out the day I leave forvacation. So I plan to block the installer in Casper's Restricted Software.I am just not sure what the na...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Runaway JAMF process is killing my disk

I just rebooted my machine with the hopes of clearing out some cruftyprocesses. When the machine came back up, it was running even worse thanbefore. A little digging revealed that com.jamfsoftware.task.monitorUsageis stuck in some kind of loop, causi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Final Cut Pro X

I just got a PDF from Apple with 50 license codes for Final Cut Pro X to download from the App Store. How exactly am I supposed to deal with this from a package-creation standpoint?? Anyone tried this yet? Thanks,-lauren lauren nicholasUser Support &...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Photoshop Elements 9 recognized as an Adobe installer?

Greetings. Which Adobe installers does Casper (8.1) recognize? The admin guideindicates CS3 and CS4. [I ask because I wish to deploy Adobe PhotoshopElements 9, dragged the .dmg into Casper Admin, clicked on info, and said itis an Adobe installer, but...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vmware fusion packaging

Good morning, I have compiled a VMWare Fusion build following the instructions provided byJAMF and have encountered an inconsistency between my version and theinstructions. I downloaded the installer for VM version 3.1.3 and followedthe JAMF instruct...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random MXC Best Practice

Just wanted to pass a tip on MCX's that I learned at my CCA training. Noticed myself and a few others have asked questions about MCX's not disappearing after you have removed someone from the MCX Profile. Best practice would be to make an MCX that En...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Mobile authentication issue with JSS 8.1

Hello,I am trying to configure the JSS Mobile app for my iPhone and I keep receiving the error message saying login credentials are not correct.I don't have a certificate so I simply enabled the "Allow invalid cert" option.I noticed JSS Mobile is ver...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using casper for MSP, distribution points

I am in the process of configuring the casper suite for use in a MSP environment, as such it will be desirable to use custom distribution points for each client we manage yet maintain a central JSS that all clients would check into. It is simple enou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Mobile/iPad App

Does anyone use this app on your ipad or iphone? I loaded it onto both devices and it will not connect me to my server. I tried on and off our network. Also do you like it? Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Opinions needed: Base OS images

Howdy, I need to rebuild my base OS image and would appreciate your opinion on whatmachine I should build it with. Currently in my lab, I have a MacPro 2008,MacPro 2010, MacAir 2010, and a MacBook Pro 2011. I'm thinking of using theMacBook Pro 2011 s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Provisioning Tool

For anyone who read the below article (I notice that Don M had) and was hoping that the provisioning tool was going to include an Inventory option (adobe_prtk –tool=InventorySN), it isn't going to happen. Inventory Tool Customers currently have no ea...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy execution suggestions?

We're trying to prompt users to let them know that there are application updates required for their machines. In summary: PolicyA prompts users to execute PolicyB now or wait until tomorrow.PolicyA runs once a day, until PolicyB has been executed. I'...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi I have just purchased Casper for our fleet of 600 macbooks and am new to this list. Just wondering if there are any things to watch out for in the early stages of installing/rolling out casper. We haven't done the Jumpstart thing yet so it's not a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow XServe after 10.6.8? - YES!

I applied the 10.6.8 Combo update to a Xserve2,1 and have seen the hwmondissue. Activity monitor shows that the CPU usage around 93%. This server hosts our JSS, Netboot services, and is a secondary CasperSharehost. I can't tell that the server is bur...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Engineering meeting

We have a meeting with Apple Engineering Management today. Are there any of you that have any questions you would like to see answered? I know I may not be able to hit everyone but thought I would see what kind of input I could get from the list. Tha...  View more

• 40 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper and Lion

Just curious what version of JSS will we need to be on for Lion support? We're on 7.31 since it's been very stable and reliable. We haven't looked at 8.1 yet, but was hoping to get an idea if we will *need* to because of Lion. Thanks,Don  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prohibited app message coming up at login

I'm running into an issue with my Casper 8.1 install, with a prohibited app message. The setup: We don't want to have our folks using the Mac App Store, but we don't want to kill it on startup. Instead we want it to pop-up a message saying (essential...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitoring and Alerting

Is there any mechanism within Casper for monitoring and alerting? i.e. Server down, or hard drive close to full, Casper or some script sends an email/text message If not, what are some of you guys using to know if a server goes down overnight or over...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

firefox 5.0

When I drag FireFox 5.0 into Casper Admin it think's it is a script......anyone else getting this? Running Casper 8.0 here -Tom  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors