Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Add somone to the Software Update Notifications

Dumb question... Where do I add someone to receive updates when the local Software Updateserver has downloaded a new update? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 Page:...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can Casper Remote hide some computers

We're a school and we're thinking about giving staff access to Casper Remote for VNC control of student laptops. We're a bit concerned that staff could observe/control other staff members laptops. Is there a way to limit which computers a Casper Remo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome - cloud print

Those of you managing Chrome, are you disabling Chrome cloud print somehow so users can't print to your printers from various machines? I didn't see this in the manifest, and I tried to capture the change with a composer package without luck.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome management

Has anyone been successful in managing Google Chrome in their Mac environments? My K-12 District would like to move to Chrome, but I am unable to import the com.google.Chrome.manifest file into the JSS Managed Preference pane.Has anyone done this yet...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

office 2011 package question

I used the built in preinstalled software snapshot in Composer to build my office 2011 package. Deployed it, works fine except two things. It asks for registration (not license but registration) and it asks for update procedure. How do I suppress the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Design Premium + After Effects

What I'm trying to accomplish here is to install Design Premium CS 5.5 onto a machine and then be able to add After Effects (with a separate serial number) on top of it. If I do the installs manually, everything seems to work ok. I've taken a snapsho...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intego and Casper

Hey Guys, I have been banging head against the wall on this. Over the past week or so, we received our VirusBarrier X6 and server Remote Console 2 software. We loaded our imaging server with the RMC piece to manage our VirusBarrier installation from ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Failing for me too

We are having an issue with random packages giving ASR input/output errors all of a sudden. Anyone ever seen anything like this or any clues on where to look? I have a case with JAMF and Apple on it already. It's randomly different (usually large 500...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Failing!

Now all of the sudden Casper Imaging fails when trying to install my DMG of Snow Leopard. It was all working fine and all of the sudden just stopped. It errors out but I can't see the errors because it moves to the next step to quick. No errors in th...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels Networking with Wireless

Our enterprise wireless uses TLS for authentication. Previously, I was able to get parallels 5.x configured to have a valid network connection when our users are wireless. However, Parallels 6.0 has made it more difficult by removing the option to vi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Issue

Hi all- This is probably something pretty silly, but I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere, including the archives. I have been trying to get our netboot/casper imaging up and running, and I am running into an issue when Casper Imaging actuall...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

uninstalling a package from the command line

from the help file: bash-3.2# jamf help uninstall Usage: jamf uninstall -target -id [-fut] [-feu] -target The target drive to uninstall the package from -id The ID of the package in the JSS -fut Remove any files from the package that are in the Use...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

purge tomcat logs?

Hi All, do you purge older tomcat log files? If so, how (on OS X server)? Most aren't terribly large, but I see no reason to keep them forever…Nothing's jumping out at me in server.xml. Thanks,Jon  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Edit Extension Attributes Popup Menu

Hi: I've setup an Extension Attribute that is a Popup menu. For each machinethen, you could go into the EA and select one of the choices. What I wouldlike to do is be able to mass edit this particular EA choice for multiplecomputers. For example, in ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Licensed Software Management

I'm trying to clean up our Adobe installations throughout my institution and I figured that I would start with the Licensed Software Management in the JSS. Does the JSS actually check serial numbers? Or does it only check the Software Definitions? Th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory - No Updates Available

Hi all, I am new to the Casper Suite, we have 8.1 installed and configured with our 200 Macs in the Inventory so far. All Macs are reporting all the inventory information we have asked to report with the exception of available software updates. All o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

running a report on multiple partitions

Good Morning, In our environment, we have a Macintosh HD partition and a Data partition. I'm trying to run a report on the Data partition size to get an idea of how much data the students are using. I can see the information in casper in the gui unde...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird Computer Issue

So I'm on a roll today!!! I have a computer that I always run into issues with. It seems to be getting policies and MCX's fine but when you recon it you get an error message: There was an error submitting the computer to the JSS. Here is what the JSS...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hidden Management Account

I am in the process of updating base Mac OS X 10.6.7 images for this year,which is going to include changing the JAMF management account from theAdministrator account to a hidden administrator account. However, I amhaving some issues getting this to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX Netboot Server TTL (Time to Live)

Does anyone know how we can adjust this setting. Our network administrator is asking us to change this (they cut off our Netbooting over Subnets unless we change this setting.)--Matt LeeFNG Sr. IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oulook 2011 + Exchange quotas

For those of you in Exchange environments and using Entourage or Outlook 2011, do you use mailbox quotas? If so, how do you deal with mail archiving or local mail storage? A client of mine operates an Exchange environment with no quotas and no mail a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Documentation for managing Workgroup Manager settings?

Hello Everyone, While I have been using Macs for better than 25 years, I have not needed, at least I didn't think I did, needed to manage preferences for our workgroups. Today I am on a new mission to begin deploying our Mac apps, OS X, and workgroup...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Only Extension Attributes

Hi all: I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to occasionally run recon forExtension Attributes only. Basically, I'd like to collect extensionattributes often (via a once daily policy, say), but collect all of the restof the info more rarely (lik...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating user profiles permissions

Hi guys, When migrating user profiles from mac to mac or off a mac, what's your workflow? I do not have 2nd partitions, & as Migration Assistant doesn't seem to see AD Mobile accounts... I do the following; Connect External drive. Copy user profile t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Sassfras Keyclient .mpkg

Hi all, is there a way how to deploy the Sassafras Keyclient Package? I know, there is a commandlinetool inside the .mpkg. Thanks for help,Holger ----Holger BartelsMax-Planck-Institut for Biophysical ChemistryIT & Elektronik ServiceAm Faßberg 11D-370...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving MYSQL DB

OK... We recently discovered that our Casper Server is under powered and the JSS is continually locking up. Our JSS currently is running on Mac OS X 10.6.7 Mac Mini. We are moving it to a Server 2008 R2 Standard. I have the JSS installed on the Windo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors