Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

[OT] Technology Positions Open in Hopkins

Hello Everyone,Hopkins currently has a couple technology positions open. One is a new position and the other a recently open position. http://tinyurl.com/hopkins-june11-jobs Hopkins is a school district with approximately 8000 students in the western...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anti Virus For Xserver.

Just wanted to get some opinions about what Antivirus software any of you might be running on your xservers. For desktops and laptops we use McAfee on both windows and Mac, but that will not work on Xservers. I figured I'd see what the rest of the co...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Going back from Lion 10.7 to Snow Leopard 10.6

We are pushing through an order for 40 Mac Pro's and Mac Book Pro's so we can get them before the new OS. We are not ready as a company to test and implement Lion just yet. Do anyone know how easy or hard it will be if you get a new Lion Mac say in a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP lookup for inventory data

We have just configured the LDAP connectivity of our JSS to AD, and it works fine. I was under the impression that when we Reconed new machines or when existing machines checked in, that they would start populating the fields for User Name, Real Name...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with an Extension Attribute script

Any Teamviewer users out there? I would like to grab the ClientID from the Teamview plist Its the 2nd key in the dictionary. ClientIC 1869728100 ClientID 262023163 The path to the file is:~/Library/Preferences/com.TeamViewer.Settings.plist sed and a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

WIndows JSS and a few questions

Recently we moved our JSS to a Windows server due to resource limitations on the Mac Mini we had in place. I have two issues and can't seem to overcome them: I can not connect to the JSS using the JSS Setup Utility. Self Service to port 9006 is not f...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos installer

For anyone who uses Sophos, how are you integrating it into your image? Are you using the packages they gave you without modifying them, or taking a composer snapshot of their package installer? If I install it at reboot with a custom trigger it inst...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log out self service after policy completion

Hi guys, Is there a way to logout self service after a policy is run? Or do you just kill the app? This is for when local support use self service, so the users do not have access to the it stuff. Regards, Ben.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extending AD schema & Multiple MCX

Hi all, Just wondering if any of you have extended the AD schema. And if so, can users be in more than one MCX group without having to choose which group at login? Regards, Ben.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yammer/Adobe Air

Hi, I am been tasked with rolling out Yammer to all our Macs which is an Adobe Air application. This means that I need to update all our Air installations. I tried to make a new package with new and updated files, but Yammer will crash everytime I tr...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Netboot Image

I'm trying to update an existing netboot image to point to the new JSSserver's ip address. Does anyone know where in the netboot image the Casper Image preferencesare kept? I do not want to remake the image. -Geoff  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

managing 1000s of Macbook Airs [ ref:00D8cOw4.500CEz6mD:ref ]

My comments were mostly about instances where there is no hardware distinction between one install and another. We have a Mac test lab here, that we can't use effectively. It has one of each type of Mac that we use, some (the iMac) with multiple part...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

managing 1000s of Macbook Airs

So, Our new request for purchasing our next refresh in our 1:1 is going through the board soon. Nothing is set in stone but the budget plan is to cycle in 6,000 new Macbook Airs to replace our 4 year old Macbooks right now. This means that by the tim...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group - Less than 90 Days

Ok, I give. Any suggestions on a way to create a smart group that is for machines that are less than 90 days since last report. You can create groups with "More than X days", but not the other way around. I have a need to be able to create groups for...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto-run and Target HD - regex or variable matching?

Hey, I'm currently prepping for a big re-imaging project this summer for about 4000 MacBooks. To try to make this smoothing I'm testing the auto-run function, but have one slight problem... Most of our computers HDs are named MacintoshHD, but some ar...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import IP ranges for Network Segments

Hey all- I am trying to set up network segments and I was wondering if any of you know of a way to mass-import all of these ranges. I have a spreadsheet (aka easily made CSV) with all of the ranges in it. Is there a way to basically just import this ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

VB Scripts vs what on the Mac??

Happy Friday Everyone, We have several scripts that are run on Windows XP/7 systems on login time for our desktops. However, I am trying to take advantage of some of these scripts for the Mac. I am not a scripter but have always wanted to learn more ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running Casper Suite on Lion

Anyone found a haxie way around the version checking so I can runCasper Admin on my shiny new Developer Preview? Ryan M. ManlyGlenbrook High Schools  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN Shared Secret?

Hi all- I'm trying to make a new 10.6.7 base image that includes the VPN Shared Secret configured for all users. Once I create an OS package and restore it to a new machine, the Shared Secret is missing. If I go back to the original machine and login...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Zone Automatic MCX

Time Zone Automatic MCX - Is this an option under Managed Preferences I could not find it. --Matt LeeFNG Sr. IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper AdministratorFox Networks Groupmatthew.lee at fox.com Need Help? Call the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

non relate Casper Question

Dear all,I know that this is nothing to do with Casper but maybe somebody already got the same issue. I want to integrated Oracle Collaboration Suite Calendar into iCal. We have also Beehive (Caldav supported). The problem is that since iCal was upda...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADmitMac vs. Native AD Binding/Home Directories

Howdy,I've gotten some questions lately around ADmitMac and if we should look at it for use with our home directory mounting and folder redirection. Just wanted to check in with the group here to see how many were using this type of set up and what p...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM: Locking Enrollment Profiles

When downloading a JSS generated enrollment profile into iPCU, the profile looks and acts as if it could be made into a configuration profile. However, any change made to the profile causes iPCU to fail upon installation of the profile onto a device....  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing more then one MDM profile

All, I wanted to see who others were possibly handling this situation. I have configured a Mobile device profile for iPads and have settings for passcode, email, and certificates. I had it scoped to all devices. This was working well until we had a r...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn off IPv6

We recently had a configuration change to our AD domain controllers which has caused an issue with our 10.5 clients. I'm looking at an easy way with Casper to turn off IPv6 on the 10.5 clients. If I take the /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors