Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac Book Pro with Thunderbolt

Hello, I know this has already been beat into the ground, but my Auto Archivedidn't get my Casper Mailing list emails (I have correct this). I triedto create a netboot image and have been failing at it. Would someoneplease explain what I need to do f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper MCX and Password-Protected Printer

Hi All,In OD/MCX I was able to check a box to require an admin password toprint to a particular printer.I have tried to replicate this in Casper Managed Prefs but thesettings don't take.Here's how I tried this: Opened WGM on my 10.6 computer, setup p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging AppStore apps

Hey folks, Seems to me that more and more apps are being sent over to the AppStore and only available for download via the AppStoreLike most of you, we are not allowing the AppStore to operate on our units. At the same time we do grant our users a hi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs and TestNav

This topic may have been covered before, if so, I missed it. Have any of youused MacBooks for End of Course online testing? I used them for some TELPAStesting, there were only a handful so I installed TestNav manually. EOC willhave many more students...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

dispayMessage formatting?

Gang, Is it possible to format the text of the displayMessage dialogue box? I'mjust looking to insert a couple of line breaks to make the messages I needto display easier to read as they are fairly long. I've tried
and<BR> to no avail. Thanks in adv...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a package from a VISE installer

Hi Guys, Just attempting to create a package using a VISE installer. Haven't had any luck so have tried using composer to snap shot the OS prior to installing the software (RoboLab).Not having much luck I must say. Is there an easy way to create this...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identifying Bootcamp Macs

I'm looking for a way to identify all my bootcamp macs. Casper identifiespartitions, but I don't see any way to build a smart group off of that. Ihaven't used extension attributes much. I'm thinking I can set one upwith something like: diskutil list ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Feature Request] Distributed JSS replication

I would like to see the ability to have cascading JSS servers. Where there is one JSS parent, and it replicates down to children servers. That way in my large environment I can have local network access to my JSS database. Right now we are doing asse...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Mail.app

Hi all, does anyone has experience in managing Mail.app, eg. account-type (Exchange), Incoming- and SMTP-Server, account-name and so on? I have tried the template options, MCX-Settings are active on the client, but nothing works. Thanks for help,Holg...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributed JSS replication

I vote for both...On 4/28/11 9:17 AM, "Thomas Larkin" wrote: REDUNDANCY (Master/Replica...of course all changes made to Master, but Replica can "take over" or we can promote if necessary) CASCADING (Some large firms need separate JSS instances...but...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd Error

Hello, I am trying to find out some information on what would be causing QuickAdd to error on some machines when trying to install. I get this message when it fails. The system is a 2.53 core 2 Duo with 4gb running 10.6.5 The Following installation s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netinstall Image and ARD/SSH

I created an image following the instructions here: http://jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=236.Everything looks good. I used the netinstall image creator, and again everything looks good. Netbooting works fine. One strange thing – I can't remote d...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple released font fix for 10.6.7 (finally!)

Took a few months, and our partner company(ies) spent time "rolling back" Macs to 10.6.5/6...the fix is finally out: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4605 If your users have printing or PDF problems, this should fix things. Our NYC graphic dept managers...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

find wireless ip on the new 8.1

Dear all, how can I see the Wireless IP for a machine now? Before on edit I could see it. One macbook pro has being stolen and I want to know the last IP it got. thanks in advance.cheers, Carmelo Lopez Portilla ITS EMBL HeidelbergTel. +49 (0) 6221 38...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASR error installing package

Hi All, When installing an Acrobat 9 Pro package via Remote, I get this message in the log: ASR encountered a problem. See jamf.log for details. Reverting to installation using ditto… Jamf.log shows: ASR Error while installing AcroPro.dmg: XSTA start...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to find machines with Root enabled

Is there a flag I can use to create a search to find machines that have the Root User enabled? Thanks,Tom------------------------------Tom TubbiolaDesign ITTtubbiola at oakley.com949.900.7705  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

installing updates at login + lockscreen

I'm looking to mimic the functionality Munki has for installing updates but using Casper's built-in tools. Basically, with Munki, the user will see a window once a day that looks similar to Apple's Software Update. The options at that point are to ca...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASR Casper Imaging

Hello everyone, I have been working on an issue for four weeks now. We are using Casper to image MAcBooks. We only have one model of MacBook and only one image file for all of them. They are 13 inch late 2009 models. We currently have a Linux DHCP se...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS on Linux. Distribution Point replication

Hi all, I was looking at hosting my new jss on mac mini's as I needed NetBoot & Asus... But looks like I can run them off a Linux server which may keep the bean counters & nw designers happy. One question though, how to replicate distribution points ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute to Capture GetInfoString?

John,As Thomas Larkin pointed out, Casper is already doing this with Recon andreporting back to the main database (which should be running every week orso by default), and you can use this for inventory and smart groups, you'llfind it in the Smart Gr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

logic data...

Hi everyone, Is there a way to query the hardware information using the `jamf recon`command, specifically the MAC address that is recorded when a machinerecons? I'd like to query that field pre-existing in inventory withouthaving to recreate the whee...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS5.5 & removecs5.sh

Sorry for the cross-post, but I think the question is relevant to both groups. With the impending release of Adobe CS 5.5, and a much improved AAMEE 2.0 ; has anyone concocted a removecs5 script for the resource kit much like what we've had before wi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Atribute to Capture GetInfoString?

Hi Everybody, I'm wondering if anybody has any code they'd be willing to share to pull the 'CFBundleGetInfoString' field from the info.plist of an application? The manufacturer only populates that field with the version, so nothing can automatically ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't create QuickAdd Pkg

Hi All,Wanted to update my Quickadd package after the 8.1 update, but I'm getting this error, any ideas? I was able to create it on 8.0 under the same user without issues… Thanks,![external image link](attachments/da13fabfb54b45b78c1381867d3cc085)Mat...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating an image for Early 2011 MBP

Greetings, Thanks to everyone that helped me out with the Early 2011 MBP Netboot issue!I have run into another wall and not sure what to do. I am trying to createan image for our new MBP's using Casper Admin. When I try to apply the10.6.7 update for ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firmware Password for 2011 MacBook Pros

Hi All, Has anybody figured out how to script firmware password configurationfor the new 2011 MacBook Pros. The old methods no longer work andobviously Casper's Open Firmware/EFI Password policy is ineffective aswell. Thanks! Michael Blaha | UHG IT 9...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors