Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Running Entire Script as Logged In User

Hi all, I have the following script which I would like to deploy via Jamf Pro at Enrolment: #!/bin/shrm -rf "/Users/$USER/Templates/PPT"curl "https://xxx.blob.core.windows.net/XXXX/XXX-PPT-Templates.zip" --create-dirs -o "/Users/$USER/Templates/PPT/X...  View more

adlgavinator_0-1655888745387.png
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting software vendor for App

Is there a way to get Software Vendor info for different App's installed?All I can think of is writing an extension attribute that checks the vendor for a particular App. Is there somewhere that this info is already being collected?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

PingFederate and Single logout

Has anyone implemented PingFederate SSO with single logout in JAMF Pro.I am currently facing a challenge with following scenario.PingFederate SSO is enabled for Management Access, SelfService and Enrollment URL. However we are seeing a challenge with...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.40.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation,We're pleased to announce Jamf Pro 10.40, which has a huge amount of enhancements and fixes we think you're going to love! Deployment status is now viewable for App Installers, removing the need to create a patch report. Additionally,...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

initial local account during setup

Hi,When we reimage a MacBook, it then goes through pre-stage enrollment where it joins our Active directory domain. After that initial setup continues and we're asked to create a local account.Is there a way to skip the creating of a local account an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Incorrect Software Versions

Hello Jamf Nation, Not sure if there is a fix for this or not. It seems as if JAMF is reporting incorrect, or different version numbers for a few applications in different areas. For example, Google Drive is reporting in JAMF Patch Management as 5.9....  View more

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 2.49.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 2.50.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 2.48.00 PM.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud and Enforced MFA

We've been using on-prem for years and have occasionally been taking a look at moving to Jamf Cloud hosting for Jamf Pro. There's one item that just has me completely baffled though - Jamf Cloud allows anyone anywhere in the world to sign into your J...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assign LDAP User to Multiple Devices

Hello all, Does anyone know of a way to assign an LDAP user to multiple devices via the API or GUI? I need a add a service account to a bunch of Apple TV, so that I can get them connected to wireless via radius auth.Thanks in advance!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying DUO Device Health

Looking to get some advice on how to deploy DUO device health via JAMF DEP. I added the package to pre-stage but when DEP completes it never launches the app or installs it. Anyone have any advice on how to deploy to new machines?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Registration with InTune fails on macOS Ventura Beta

I installed the beta of the new macOS Ventura to test things before Apple starts shipping laptops with it in the fall. I am running into errors when trying to register with InTune (surprise surprise). I get the initial Authentication for JamfAAD pop ...  View more

IMG_3869.jpg IMG_3870.jpg
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to server monterey

Hi to all,with catalina i used a python script to add favourite server under finder (command -k) now with monterey that has no python2 this script doesn't work. Here the script:#!/usr/bin/python """ Overwrites server favorites with servers. Run as ro...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sending logs to a loghost

Hi Everyone,I'm wondering how I can send logs (event logs and server logs) to a remote log host such as Datadog?I'm tasked with collecting logs from jamf-pro cloud into our centralized log server. We're evaluating datadog as our log tool but have fle...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to exit with exit code from pkg installer

I have a pkg that I need to install, however, it must be installed from a specific location:/Library/Application\ Support/TheApp/installer.pkg (not the real name)If I run sudo installer -pkg /Library/Application\ Support/TheApp/installer.pkg -target ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nessus Install / Uninstall

Anyone working with Nessus, here is a Nessus un-install script.Realized that as of Nessus version 10.2, Nessus is no longer called NessusAgent, just Nessus and the path location is: /Library/Nessus.Also, as is common with these security agents instal...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable and Configure Remote Management?

I know a lot has changed in the last few years, but is there a way to enable and configure Remote Management without having to physically do this on each device?I know you can use ARD when you are physically at the device to configure the service, an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

reoccurring Device Signature Error

I have a machine that keeps getting Device Signature Error if I try to run sudo Jamf policy or sudo Jamf recon.I can temporarily fix this error for a few days if I removeFramework and re-enroll the machine. The the error will come backFri Jun 17 10:1...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox universal pkg installer script

I'm using this following script https://github.com/jamf/Jamf-Nation-Scripts/blob/master/FirefoxInstall.sh that is labeled in the top area of the script 'Only works on Intel system'. Looks like the current Firefox macOS download is universal. Does any...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random pre-stage imaging failures

I have been erasing and re installing several Labs of Macs and I have run into a issue with it.The normal process would be to erase the Mac and reinstall Monterey. On first boot you get a few windows pop up for setting up services, then you get the R...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrollment - Not Checking In?

Hi everyone, We have PreStage Enrollments and we now have 2 Macs which initially enrolled and I see them registered in Jamf. The problem is, they do not check in after the initial registration and does not get our standard apps (which deploy via smar...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Utility errors

I have a few questions about the PPPC Utility. 1) This is only the profile that grants permissions, the app will also need to be installed...correct?2) I'm getting an error trying to install a profile that grants zoom screen recording, and accessibil...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Join multiple machines to AD Domain

Hi all, I am trying to create a configuration profile to join a couple of classrooms to our Windows active directory domain. So far it has not been working, and I'm not sure exactly why. I guess the main thing I don't know is what goes in the Client ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Live Data Feed

Hi,I've been looking into integrating live data from specific smart groups and my Jamf Pro Summary into Google Data Studio to create a live dashboard outside of JAMF. It seems there was a way to do so with Google API into Google Sheets, but the Githu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors