Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Wireless SSID Help

So i know this has been asked before but it was a couple of years ago. At my school we have 1 SSID for the entire district GISD Wireless. My problem is i can tell it to connect to the ssid at first boot but when you restart it does not remember the p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

firefox and cck

So I am going to post this here as well.... I am repacking up Firefox 4 for the newest image. I want to add in Public Fox, which password protects Firefox from anyone accessing the preferences. I want to install it globally, and I want all settings t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP xls

Good morning, I'm currently testing something, using Gift codes instead of VPP for iOS purchases. Could anyone send me a VPP xls file that I could import in the JSS ? (please strip the codes, of course) Thanks in advance -- Francois Tiffreau | IT ope...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create home directory on partition drive

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help with this query or perhaps suggest abetter way of doing this. I basically want to create 2 partitions on our Macs and have thefirst partition for the OS and the 2nd for the Users home directory, thisway we coul...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless network config.

Looking to configure the airport settings to join our wireless network. Not sure how to create that policy. Thanks in advance. Kevin Hill - Albany ISDSent from my iPhone  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

dylib error, w. combo 10.6.7, FirstRun failure

I've been able to reproduce an issue in Casper Imaging, where a known good 10.6.6 base install then has the 10.6.7 combo updater applied within the workflow of the configuration. This apparently causes a problem with dylib (much like this: http://www...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory Bindings

TGIF Everyone, I have been working on getting our directory bindings working as intended. We have implemented the "Magic" or "Golden" triangle approach with our Mac clients and Mac server infrastructure. So, I went into Casper using the JSS web servi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore Partition to Image "on Wireless"

Hi, Several of our schools are accommodating larger class sizes by addingwireless machines in their existing wired labs. Parents want to know whywould wire labs, when we could "just do wireless".As we add to our meager wireless network, I know that t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

XServe Power Supply

Since Apple so lovingly discontinued these wonderful pieces of hardware, does anyone have a good suggestion of where I can get a replacement power supply? First result was "we love macs" and I've always thought their prices were pretty high: http://w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Kaseya Agent on Mac?

Kaseya Agent puts a uinque ID on Mac. Using Composer won't be an option for itAnyone come across this?Start building a script to launch and install but my syntax has been a bit off Any suggestions would be helpful…Thanks  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone interested in part of my old job?

I realize this is more technical in subject matter on this ML but wanted to give the fine folks who subscribe and contribute a heads up. I changed job duties at ESPN and part of my old duties are now a manager position. Anyone interested please apply...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virtual Mac Leopard server?

Is anyone using Vmware or something that creates virtual OSX servers onMacs? If so what? How do you like it? What do you use it for testing? Neal Smith | MAC Systems Engineer | Perrigo IT| 269.686.1888 F - 269.673.7552| neal.smith at perrigo.com  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network accounts unavailable.

Despite being bound via Casper prestage imaging I get the painful red dot - Network Accounts Unavailabe" on login screen. I have a valid ip. I can log in with a local admin account and also the AD admin account, but no user account. Once in via an ad...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script peer review

Hello All. I am not what I would consider a good shell scripter. I do aspire to improve though and thought peer review might point out flaws and/or better/easier ways of doing things. I think a severe issue with my capabilities is that I have never r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fwd: Default User Profile/Template

/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources I edit the MacOSX.tif to customize our company logo /System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgentPlugins/loginwindow.bundle/Contents/Resources Defaulticon.tiff to a customized user icon.App...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default User Profile/Template

Is there anyone out there installing their own custom user template (/Libarary/User Template/English.lproj)? Or are you using post-image and login scripts to update user settings? Very curious on how others are attacking this. Also, along these lines...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper report?

Is it possible to generate a report on who has admin rights on theirmachines? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 Page: (224)532.3447 Team Lead DEI: Matt Beiriger Tea...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login scripts

Hi All. I just have a quick question about login triggers and running a script. Our goal is to allow all users to manage print queues. We currently use MCX and a group added to the lpadmin group. That works...most of the time. Instead - for a more ro...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX settings via JSS persistence issue

So I finally decided to leverage the Managed Preferences (MCX)settings in my JSS. I created a Managed Preference manifest to turnoff the open "safe" files option in Safari and pushed it to all myusers (who are all Admins). I noticed afterwards that t...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename Computers Based on Serial Number

Here is my problem. I want to wright a script to rename my computer based on the serial number of the computer and also in include a prefix of GISD-. I have found out the you can do a grep on the serial number from system profiler but that is as far ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies Sticking When Exempted

Hey everyone. I originally set a policy up for the 15 minute screen saver + password option. We have some units that do presentations and need to have this removed. I set up a new MCX user group with just some default MCX's sans the Screensaver optio...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about Baseimages

Hi, I'm new at the casperworld and sorry, my english is not the best. I would like to know what kind of OSX images you are use for imaging. In the past I used instaDMG to create a BaseImage for all Devices (Macbook, Macmini and so on) and deployed it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with intalling updates w/o reboots?

So I noticed the update options for Casper allow installation of updatesw/o reboots... is there any issues of running updates w/o a forcedreboot? They just wont fully patch until the system is restarted... oris there some other danger / reason why we...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

best practices/problems with growlnotify

Curious if others are having problems with the installation and usage ofgrowlnotify. We've deployed the software which I snapshot via Composer.Curious how others have deployed and best practices on your network. During snapshotting I turned OFF the f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

how list needed software updates?

Sorry for the dumb question,I am collecting the needed software updates but how do I list them by machine? --Todd NessTechnology Consultant/Non-Windows ServicesAmericas Regional Delivery EngineeringHP Enterprise Services  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Password website packaging

Dear all, I am trying to package a Safari with a Web password (teach.safaribooksonline.com) so I can redeploy 10 machines with the proper username and password to login into this website via Safari. The problem is that I cannot find out where the pas...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstaDMG + Casper?

Since we started using the modular image created by InstaDMG we've beengetting more and more complaints about system instability (Crash ScreenO' Death). Has anybody else ran into similar problems? I don't know ifit's just aging software (old CS versi...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Application from Inventory Suppress Inventory Items

Hello, I am working on Mac Refresh and have to rollout about 100 Mac’s for that I am pulling the Application inventory reports of all the Mac which are in the list for refresh. I am pulling the application inventory details from the installed applica...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Partially-Managed Macs

How does everyone on this list deal with Macs that are managed, but are never able to reach the server? Our server here is only reachable from the intranet, and a growing number of Mac users here have no way to connect their Mac to it. I want to be a...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors