Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD Authenticated printing - ksmbprintd

Hey guys Is anyone successfully using ksmbprintd on 10.6? We have tried using itpreviously on 10.5 without success and we're re-evaluating it for 10.6. Hasanyone seen any updated documentation for it from the DS guys? The diskimage just has the insta...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device App Redemption

I would like input as to how others are managing their volume purchase codes in Casper for iPad apps. Using self service, we have been running into an issue were the redemption code gets assigned to the enrolled mobile device in Casper, however the r...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"casper" user not hiding

Hello, Our hidden casper admin account (aka: 'casper') is suddenly appearing as anunhidden user in the OS. This unhidden user is only showing up on certainmachines at the time of imaging (appears on MacPros, not MacBook Pros). Weare currently working...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error adding Printer in JSS

Hello, Long time listener, first time caller... We just did a major software upgrade/machine rebuild to a number ofworkstations last week. Overall the process was smooth as silk thanks tothe Casper suite. One issue that is still lingering has to do w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Rights?

I guess this would be more of a question for corporations rather thanschools, but anybody is welcome to chime in. What type of criteria do y'all use to say who can have admin rights ontheir mac vs who cannot? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI 3333...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

mass swap out of machines

So, We are doing our first refresh of our 1:1 and getting rid of 6,000 Macbooks and getting new Macs in. I have no clue what the district is buying but they are looking at Macbooks and Macbook Airs. Has anyone done a giant equipment swap with Casper ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PGP with SSD's and Sandy Bridge

Didn't know if anyone was aware of this, but I wanted to get you guys in the loop: Directly from Symantec:"Systems using the new Sandy Bridge architecture and SSD drives may experience this issue. From what I understand this is unrecoverable. Here is...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

White Self Service

This has been on here before, but when I usually have this issue a restart fixes it. We upgraded to 8.1, I have a bunch of white Self Services (no Errors) I rebooted several times, I even unmanaged removed Framework and readded, and no luck. Any idea...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

skip a Mac in Recon

Howdy All,Is there a way to prevent Recon from adding certain machines in a network segment while scanning? I had thought the "removable MAC addresses" list in the JSS was a way to do this, but it is not working the way I expected. The manual indicat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 Scoping questions

We're setting up a policy that is scoped to certain criteria, but these two have us banging our heads against the wall... How can we scope a policy to target 1 GB or_more of RAM. You can scope to IS MORE THAN 1GB (which leaves out the folks with 1GB)...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX and Mobile Accounts

Is there a way to check the 'create mobile account at login' checkbox through casper's managed prefs? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks,Mark BucknerBridgeport ISD  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Energy Server and MCX

Hey Guys,Wondering if anybody has gotten Energy Saver settings to work using MCX. ThanksLarry  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault extension attribute

We're trying to determine if users have FileVault enabled for theirmachines. What the catch is, we want to make sure that FileVault isenabled on the primary users machine. Not all accounts, but theprimary user account, excluding our IT admin accounts...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat Admin Password Dialog

So, has anyone been able to get the old SelfHeal fix to work again so thatwe do not get the admin password dialog box after an update?? I'm gettinghit with users not able to use Acrobat because they were updated to 9.4.2 or9.4.3. Someone please tell ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keeping track of Fonts

Hey- I'm attempting to get a handle on all of the fonts (and licensing) we have floating around on our systems. I am working on establishing a list of fonts that should be on each machine, based on what we're licensed for, but I have been trying to f...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute redux...

There were some previous threads regarding an Extension Attribute for checking Microsoft User Data folder sizes that for whatever reason fizzled...I was hoping I could revive. We want to get database sizes for all users on the target computers. We wa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions about Network scanning with Recon

Hi, folks! We're just getting started in Casper Suite here (great name, BTW!) and Ihave a question about Recon. I'd like to scan our network for Mac hosts,which seems easier than manually hunting down 500 machines, but I'mwondering where the scan's g...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error reporting

Hello We have had a problem where potentially a Managed Preference to controlLanguage/Time has gone out and buggered up the Daylight Savings. I need to be able to sift through each jamf.log on every Mac to see if Ican find the following Error Error: ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Differences in volume permissions?

Hi all, I'm a bit confused here, or maybe just overworked with a caffine buzz. Why is the Finder showing me 775 mode on the boot disk but Terminal is showing me 755?As well… Two other drives both with "Ignore ownership on this volume" set to 775 but ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service and Authentication

Hi All Correct me if I am wrong, But you shouldn't need to enter an Administrator password to install items through self service? We have the authentication option turned off, And don't prompt for details but for every single package its asking for a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

scheduled client maintenance

Hi All, We're getting requests for some regular client maintenance here, on a weekly or monthly schedule. I'm mostly wondering what others of you are doing. Do you use policies to schedule much regularly, specifically looking at e.g. prebindings, fix...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[FEATURE REQUEST] JSS widget

As I'm working late tonight, watching some mass deploys and catching up on a few other things - I realize how great a JSS policy widget would be. I've never written a widget before, but do you think it would be possible to create one that, after ente...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Failed" policies inventory: is it doable?

Hello,I was wondering if there's a way to gather/show an inventory of all policies that failed to run on clients.Something like having each "View Status" (Policy History for…) link expanded within a single report/web page in JSS and filtered by succe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors