Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

New Mac Book Pro boot issue

I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue booting the new Mac books off of media other than what Apple provided? I'm trying to boot one of a thumb drive with a preloaded 10.6.6 OS and its freezing at the loading driver screen, so it's pretty...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MacBook Rev... NetBoot / Base Installs

Folks - FYI -- existing 10.6.6 netboot and base installs will fail on the new "thunderbolt" laptops. There are clearly some changes in the EFI (and a neat new floating Thunderbolt logo in Target Disk Mode), and given the nature of Thunderbolt, there ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script erroring due to username?

Hi guys, I've a weird issue that I hope one of you scripting guru's can sort.. We run 2 scripts across all Macs.. 1 sets screen saver for all users triggered by every15 the other submits data from the users dscl to the JSS. Across 270 ish macs this r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

more AAMEE, CS5, Acrobat Pro

Hi All, I'm using AAMEE to build CS5 Standard, which works well so far. It doesn't seem the deployment toolkit can deal with Acrobat 9 Pro however - so I've packaged that separately in Composer. But when I push that package to a new Mac (with CS5 thr...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer Base Image and Casper Imaging

Hi I just recently created a base image using composer and added it to mynew 10.6.6 configuration in the JSS. But when I image a machine usingthe configuration, it skips over the image and just installs theremaining disk images and packages. We've ha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

permissions

Does anyone know of a way to change permissions to a volume with Casper, ie.either by policy or remotely?? E  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS dev program

So, how do I add my Apple ID to my company's developer in-house ID? I need to be able to log in to set up our APN for our iPads we are pushing out and I already have an account with Apple so I cannot reuse my email address. Man, this is looking to be...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X deploy

We're starting to look at a wireless 802.1X environment. I saw Steve Wood's excellent summation of his overall process - and I even see the ImportCAcert.sh script from the resouce kit, so I'm excited to try and tackle deployment... however, we're see...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad, enrollment profile, network error

Hi All, We are using Casper 8I have been asked by one of my teammates to post the following:"I have followed the steps located in the JAMF Mobile Device Managementmanual to enroll iPads via USB. My laptop has the most recent IPCU installedon it (V3.2...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MultiCast or UniCast

Happy Tuesday Folks! We are having some real slow copies and imaging from our NetBoot Server and our Applications Image server in our network. We can copy to these two server in about 1/10th the time as it takes to copy from them. We have our network...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MBP ship with Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J3210)

Heads up concerning new MacBook Pro models... Just received the first MacBook Pro 13-inch (Early 2011) with Mac OS X10.6.6 (10J3210) installed from the factory. It would not netboot with our Mac OS X 10.6.5 (10H574) image. (I never tookthe time to cr...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot - how to disable spotlight?

I have created a Netboot image for 10.6.5, but need help disablingspotlight. It appears that after Casper Imaging erases the Hard Drive, on some systemsSpotlight will begin indexing drives. I think this slows down the imagingprocess. I've found some ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Additional Distribution Points on Casper

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me at all, I am trying to setup an additional distribution point with the view of usingthis in our New York Office. Our main Office is in London (Which is where our primary distribution pointis held) and we hav...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

API & PUT

Hi All, I'm having issues with the following command and wanted an army of eyes toglance over my syntax to see if there was anything you might be able tospot. /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/curl -k -u username:passwordhttps://jss.qut.edu.au:8443/JSSResource/...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Preferred Wireless Network for 10.5

We're about to go through a wireless encryption change at one of the campuses, and trying to avoid having to have people attempt to locate 300 laptops on campus. Has anyone had any experience adding a wireless network profile and save into the system...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post-Image Scripts

Howdy,Anyone out there willing to share their post-image scripts? I'm still relatively new to InstaDMG and the benefits of using a never booted image. I have some specific settings that I would like to implement, but figure most in the community that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP / Computer Name history

Has anyone come up with a way to log the history of IP addresses and/orcomputer names in Casper? Each JSS record has Hardware/Software Historyand Location History, but nothing containing IP or computer name. Thiswould be really helpful when dealing w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

auto-mount smb network share

Hi All, Just wondering how people handle auto-mounting of smb/cifs network shares. I've looked through the script from the resource kit, which seems straightforward enough, but haven't tried it yet. I could also use ADmitMac's "browser" app, though I...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Sharing Prefs Pane

I want to grey out Remote Login and Remote Desktop from Sharing Prefs Pane, so even admin users can't switch them off. As it stops Client Macs SSH to JSS and ARD connections. I wanted to do this with using Casper MCX. But removing the string from Sys...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

M86 Authenticator

Hello everyone, I am a Window Admin struggling/stumbling into the Mac world and I havecompletely tripped up on installing the M86 Authenticator via Casper. I have instructions that tell me to drop 3 files on the local computerand run the .sh file wit...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

TrendMicro

Has anybody tried using Trend Micro's AV on the systems? Any issues?Any reason not to? Anything it does or doesn't do compared to SymantecEndpoint Protection? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Pho...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New extension attribute - 64 bit capable

Hello All, Today I was asked to find out how many of our systems are 32 bit, and 64 bit capable. I whipped this up and thought I'd share. (See attached doc.) I have a few others I might be posting soon just have to finish testing. Enjoy. Sean  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SAV LiveUpdate

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with using the "runSAVLiveUpdate.sh" script from the Resource Kit? I've found that on some computers, it just hangs indefinitely, leaving an unresponsive LiveUpdate icon in the Dock that can't be killed usin...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes - are there OS requirements?

What are the system requirements for Extension Attributes to work? It appears that our Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.5 devices are properly capturingExtension Attributes for Norton - Virus Def Date and for Vmware FusionSerial Number. But for Mac OS X 10.4, ne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FW: Custom OS Installs & Default Language

Does this help? Regards,Ben TomsIT Support Analyst GREY GroupThe Johnson Building, 77 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JST: +44 (0) 20-3037-3819 |Main: +44 (0) 20 3037 3000 | IT Helpdesk: +44 (0) 20 3037 3883  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Language & Text Preference

Hi Does anybody know which Preference controls the Language and TextPreference pane? I need to be able to set the Format depending on what Country they are in. Cheers Joe + 60 Kingly Street, London, W1B 5DS* helpdesk at bbh.co.uk( +44 207 453 49834 w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors