Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Extension Attribute to show users

Thanks to Mr Larkin's awesomest script ever :) I have now managed to geta report for Users and Macs by using Extension Attribute as below. Login to your JSS Settings Inventory Options Inventory Collection Preferences Extension Attributes Add Extensio...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for user's data backups?

We are about to do a hardware refresh on our Macs. Before I gore-inventing the wheel - does anybody have a script or anything that thedeployment technicians can use to backup / restore the user's dataeither to an external drive or a server share? As ...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete/Replace plist

We need to replace the directory services plist on number of clientmachines. What is the best way to do this using Casper? Thanks. ———————————————————Mary FridleyTechnology SupportHampton-Dumont Community SchoolsHampton, Iowa(641)456-4893 ext. 159mfr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX errors

Dear Casper experts, Something odd appears to have happened to our MCX preferences and its happened very suddenly. Below is an excerpt from the console log: 1/13/11 2:32:08 PM com.jamfsoftware.startupItem[60] Checking for Computer Level Managed Prefe...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing from OD to AD

Before I go down this rabbit hole, I want to find out if anyone else hasdone this and if there is an easier way to handle the one hiccup I think weare going to run into. In my testing I discovered that if you simply remove OD binding from amachine an...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store Dock Item Removal

Hello All, Not sure if anyone else needs to do this, but we'll be removing the MacApp Store Dock Item from our lab machines when I patch them to 10.6.6. I'm mostly posting this for anyone who has never had to deal with Applejust putting whatever they...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finale de-activation script?

Good morning, Does anyone who is deploying Finale have any kind of license de-activation script? I have to de-activate and re-activate manually at this point on each client machine. I am sure one of you scripting geniuses have found a better way. I'd...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

temporary admin rights

Just wanted to pick your brains. Our Win7 guys came up with a feature as user can choose have admin rightsfor 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 24 hours or 30 days. After the period endsadmin rights taken off as automated. Can this be achieved? For AD bound ...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Link aggregation, lom & casper

Hi guys, Wondering if any of you with x-serves have setup link aggregation of ethernet ports with lom working on an x-serve being used to host jss or just a distribution point. Have you noticed any signifcant gain? is there any caveats? Regards, Ben ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Device Deployment Process

I am currently playing with the new MDM features of Casper 8.0 and was wondering if you all have any best practices so far deploying iPads. A little background: We have a device library here with dozen of iPads available for associates to check out a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PGP WDE and 10.6.6

Got this yesterday: IMPORTANT: PGP strongly recommends that Mac WDE customers do NOT upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6.6 Symantec has identified a potential issue with the Mac OS X 10.6.6 upgrade process and PGP Whole Disk Encryption. Until this issue is reso...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 7 Bootcamp

I am attempting to create a Bootcamp partition with Casper that will containWindows 7. I have been able to create a partition but I cannot get myWindows image to work correctly. It is as if the Image isn't beinginstalled. The Windows 7 image is in .w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable individual SUS?

How does one disable the individual SU's from the SUS? I see the checkmarks for Enabled, but they are grayed out...Am I missingsomething? I don't see an Unlock icon anywhere.. I"ve tried stoppingthe service... everything is always grayed out. I'm on ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.6 Server Update

Because I know others usually post and ask, I thought I'd let you knowthat up front the update to server does not appear to have affected my JSS. I love this new App Store icon on my dock...on my server... Have a great day. Craig E  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email filters blocking URL shorteners

Is anybody else - especially school districts - having trouble getting emails from Casper because their email filters block URL shorteners? Do you have a workaround? Thanks! Bob DittesDistrict Support Coordinator763-682-8741  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service blank screen redux

OK, I am addressing this problem again. Has anyone else got this? What was the symptom and the remedy? I am getting such random results I don't know what the issue is.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MPKG package failing with Casper Policy

Hi All, We have a MPKG package which I am trying to install Via Casper policy. Installation is failing with following error "Installation failed. Theinstaller reported: installer: Error the package path specified was invalid:'/Library/Application Sup...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Heads up

10.6.6 is out in the Midwest (USA) John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 Page: (224)532.3447 Team Lead: Matt Beiriger Mac Tip/Tricks/Self Service & Support   View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

RE: How to ignore Shared re: PKG vs

Hi Tom,I think this can be a great alternative to API custom report to show allusers (which prints out all sorts of unnecessary stuff and problematic inmy experience )I will try and report soon.Cem  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lightspeed

We are using light speed to filter content on our computers and I waswondering if anyone has had experience with creating a package with composerfor the Guide and Security Agents to deploy as part of the image. Glenn J BurnsComputer TechnicianSnyder ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf getARDFields - pull from JSS?

Hi all, is there any way to have the jamf binary (7.31) pull ARD field infodirectly from the JSS? Imaging can do it.. Yeah, I know you could probablyscript something to query the db, but I'm looking for easy here. (If not, please consider this a feat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife '11: How To - Option 2

Hello All, I started working on iLife 11 and I recall the threads early in December going around and then that last one sent by Robert which basically had his old school composer package method. At this point because our maintenance agreement allows ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook Air

The Macbook Air does not have an Ethernet port, only two USB ports. Has anyone successfully performed High Volume imaging on Macbook Airs? Thank you for your time. Sincerely, Christopher A. DeNoiaNetwork AdministratorPascack Valley Regional High Scho...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virtualized JSS?

I'm curious to see if anyone runs their JSS virtualized, as well as on Linux. Anyone? j--Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood StreetLexington, Massachusetts 02420781.981.5436  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom report JSP file

Hi, This came up dry from resoucekit mailing list :( so I will try here and hope…. I have tried to add a custom report using one from Resources Kit (October 2010) as described in documentation. I made it working once, but it is now playing tricks on ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store

Hi All, Just wanted to start a conversation piece, but I assume you'll all beimmediately deleting the Mac App Store app from your Managed Macs rightaway, right? =) How do you feel this will impact your role as an admin if you left it outthere on boxe...  View more

• 47 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors