Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Time machine in a one to one envionment

We have a client that is about to roll out a a one to one laptop program. The laptops are bound to AD and managed by casper. They want to have all student users as non-admin, but want them to be able to configure time machine. Anyone got a work aroun...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.6 delta update failing

Hi all ! I'm having a software update issue with 10.6.6 (delta) On all computers, on logout, once a week :1) Software update policy starts2) It displays the correct message : softwareUpdateMessage.sh3) It starts the softwareupdate process4) SWUP extr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

casper imaging: no prompt for login

i've read there's a way to require authentication before proceeding with use of the casper imaging app in a casper netboot set but haven't found where to enable this. anybody have the answer? thanks, nate  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fwd: Scripting error

Begin forwarded message: Michael BrownDerby USD 260Technology Department316-788-8591 ![external image link](attachments/e153970908d544cf81fa35da92a3217b)![external image link](attachments/5461e4a313604167bfc4364d794394ac)  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestions for speeding up Self Serve

Hey all, When we first setup Casper it seemed like Self Serve was pretty nice. As we've rolled out the system, have numerous sites in place (some with slow networks), and lots of policies, many scoped to AD group membership, we're finding the time it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting error

Hey guys & gals,I am having an issue with a shell script executing properly. I have added the shell script directly to Casper Admin & created the policy in JSS to trigger at login once per user. The scope is set correctly but the script is not workin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acrobat Pro 9 admin rights hell

I know some of you brilliant people out there have encountered the same problem that I am not having and gotten through it, so I am looking to you for help. I am doing our first CS5 deployment and I am running into problems with Acrobat Pro 9.x insta...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

8.0 upgrade - AFP home dir mount issue

I'm probably in the minority, but if you use Casper for AD binding to mount home directories via AFP & use managed preferences, the upgrade to 8.0 breaks the mounting of home directories. It only breaks the mounting if you use managed preferences in ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute Scripting

I would like to get the size of a specific directory that exists on some of our imaged computers. I'm still very much a noob when it comes to bash, so I'm looking for some help from my fellow Casper gurus. I know I can use the "du" command to return ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote vs Policy deployment

Hi all, Got a laptop running 10.6.6 jamf version 7.21 … I tried to Casper Remote a pkg and Remote fails at Authentication and pops into the Error Occurred. I can ssh into the machine from Terminal and run jamf recon and reports back to the JSS withou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with CS5 deployment using Adobe AAMEE and Casper

I used Adobe's AAMEE tool to package and license our CS5 standard suite. Iturned off most of the options including updates as I am working on gettingan Adobe Update Server online tomorrow. This was just a test push to acouple of boxes. The issue I ha...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parental Controls

Hi All Has anyone had any success applying parental controls through Casper. I upload the MCX files, But on the clients absolutely nothing happens but I can see the files in LibraryManaged Preferences Can someone who has had success with parental con...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Enrollment

I started testing out Mobile Device Management and I'm having an issue with enrollment. I'm able to install the Root CA, but when any device tries to install the MDM Profile I receive a message that says, "The Profile is invalid. The MDM payload "Mob...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[FEATURE REQUEST] Migration tool for refreshes

One of the biggest reasons companies buy JAMF Casper Suite is for imaging. A tool that is really needed during workstation refresh is a migration tool. Apple's Migration Assistant falls short...and I think we've all lost hope that Apple will devote a...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute to show users

Thanks to Mr Larkin's awesomest script ever :) I have now managed to geta report for Users and Macs by using Extension Attribute as below. Login to your JSS Settings Inventory Options Inventory Collection Preferences Extension Attributes Add Extensio...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for user's data backups?

We are about to do a hardware refresh on our Macs. Before I gore-inventing the wheel - does anybody have a script or anything that thedeployment technicians can use to backup / restore the user's dataeither to an external drive or a server share? As ...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete/Replace plist

We need to replace the directory services plist on number of clientmachines. What is the best way to do this using Casper? Thanks. ———————————————————Mary FridleyTechnology SupportHampton-Dumont Community SchoolsHampton, Iowa(641)456-4893 ext. 159mfr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX errors

Dear Casper experts, Something odd appears to have happened to our MCX preferences and its happened very suddenly. Below is an excerpt from the console log: 1/13/11 2:32:08 PM com.jamfsoftware.startupItem[60] Checking for Computer Level Managed Prefe...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing from OD to AD

Before I go down this rabbit hole, I want to find out if anyone else hasdone this and if there is an easier way to handle the one hiccup I think weare going to run into. In my testing I discovered that if you simply remove OD binding from amachine an...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store Dock Item Removal

Hello All, Not sure if anyone else needs to do this, but we'll be removing the MacApp Store Dock Item from our lab machines when I patch them to 10.6.6. I'm mostly posting this for anyone who has never had to deal with Applejust putting whatever they...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finale de-activation script?

Good morning, Does anyone who is deploying Finale have any kind of license de-activation script? I have to de-activate and re-activate manually at this point on each client machine. I am sure one of you scripting geniuses have found a better way. I'd...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

temporary admin rights

Just wanted to pick your brains. Our Win7 guys came up with a feature as user can choose have admin rightsfor 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 24 hours or 30 days. After the period endsadmin rights taken off as automated. Can this be achieved? For AD bound ...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Link aggregation, lom & casper

Hi guys, Wondering if any of you with x-serves have setup link aggregation of ethernet ports with lom working on an x-serve being used to host jss or just a distribution point. Have you noticed any signifcant gain? is there any caveats? Regards, Ben ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Device Deployment Process

I am currently playing with the new MDM features of Casper 8.0 and was wondering if you all have any best practices so far deploying iPads. A little background: We have a device library here with dozen of iPads available for associates to check out a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PGP WDE and 10.6.6

Got this yesterday: IMPORTANT: PGP strongly recommends that Mac WDE customers do NOT upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6.6 Symantec has identified a potential issue with the Mac OS X 10.6.6 upgrade process and PGP Whole Disk Encryption. Until this issue is reso...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 7 Bootcamp

I am attempting to create a Bootcamp partition with Casper that will containWindows 7. I have been able to create a partition but I cannot get myWindows image to work correctly. It is as if the Image isn't beinginstalled. The Windows 7 image is in .w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable individual SUS?

How does one disable the individual SU's from the SUS? I see the checkmarks for Enabled, but they are grayed out...Am I missingsomething? I don't see an Unlock icon anywhere.. I"ve tried stoppingthe service... everything is always grayed out. I'm on ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.6 Server Update

Because I know others usually post and ask, I thought I'd let you knowthat up front the update to server does not appear to have affected my JSS. I love this new App Store icon on my dock...on my server... Have a great day. Craig E  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors