Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

automating 802.1x profile creation under 10.5

all, do any of you have an automated method to create or import 802.1x login profiles (or any profile, for that matter) under 10.5? this works perfectly for my purposes under 10.6: http://tinyurl.com/2cj7z7c this runs as a postflight in a pkg that dr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted Software Torrents

Any one a have list of Torrent applications and there process name that soI can them to Restricted Software? Thanks, Raul SantosEngineer + 32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013* raul.santos at bbh-usa.com( +1 212 812 6645www.bartleboglehegart...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has anyone seen any issues with the update from Apple? In terms of any JSS oddities? ----------David Marcantonio  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching 8443 to 443

Pinging the community to see what the feeling/thoughts are about moving from default port to 443. Good or bad? Anyone actually do it and make it work properly? ----------David Marcantonio  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

upgrade the OS via Casper?

So I know this is a bit of a bold question - but is there a supported way to upgrade client machines from 10.5.8 to 10.6 via the Casper Suite? I feel like you should be able to make a copy of the SL OS DVD and then "run" that on machines... but I kno...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Bookmarks to Client Computers

I had a request to add a bookmark to one of the sites our teachers use toall of our computers. Is there a way to do this through Casper? Glenn J BurnsComputer TechnicianSnyder ISD325-574-8793gburns at snyder.esc14.net• Certified Mac Technician  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

PGP issue with latest OS X update.

FYI I just received this from PGP and wanted to share with anyone who is using PGP. PGP is working on a solution (They say), they have a work around, and a fix, both manual. I am waiting to talk to mu PGP rep to get details. Hi Sean,I just wanted to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.5 JSS breakdown

So, my first post to the mailing list and of course it's a problem, the big kind. I'll start by introducing myself though...My name is Patrik Sonestad and work as a tech/teacher/admin (not the tech kind) at Lund University, Sweden (quite close to Den...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted Software...

We have boot camp as the only restricted application in our managedpreferences, how can we increase the frequency that casper checks to seeif it's running? It seems that people are able to click through and setit up before it triggers the restriction...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX Setting for default keyboard layout

Dear Casper users, Our university has recently decided to use the Casper suite to manage all Apple computers. I'm in the process of building a fresh new Casper image and trying to include all the customisations from our previous image. One of the cus...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Printers Policy

I need a way to clear all printers from a computer. I don't know/care what printers are installed, but I'll need to be able to remove or clear out all printers from the computer. Is there a way to do that? I'm not very familiar with CUPS, so any dire...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MacBook Air Imaging Story

I wanted to share with all of you the experiences I've had so far with oneof the new MBAs from an imaging standpoint. As most of you know I am a hugeuser of InstaDMG for my initial OS image and then layer everything on usingCasper. So, the first thin...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

[10.6.x] Hide Network Share

Hi all, Anyone know if there is a way to hide a network AFP share from appearing on the Mac's GUI that is being hosted from a Windows Server 2003 SP2 Stand-alone using ExtremeZ-IP v6.0.4x40 as the AFP stack over Port 548?I just want to hide it from t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer migration

Hi- We've potentially got a printer migration from one type of multi-function unit to another (Ricoh to a Konica Minolta). I'm actually quite pleased with the Konica selection as it appears to be a good unit and has good Mac drivers. Adding this one ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Desktop Access?

I don't believe that this has been implemented, but figured I would ask: When I use OS X Server, I believe I can use VNC/screen sharing to access the computer using the machine's hardware address as the password. I would LOVE to be able to enable VNC...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users Directory as HD Partition

Ok folks,I would like to test using a partition for the Users directory so that we can encapsulate the users data away from the OS but still keep it local. Our design would require that the Users directory is mounted as the Users partition of the HD....  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount Network Share - Resource Kit Script

I'm using the latest from the October release of the Resource Kit to mount network shares. I need to use DFS and it isn't mapping (see attachment). The path is: starbucksamersettle sscdepartmentsit but as you can see it isn't showing that way in the ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstall Image Creator - Error

Guys, I've created my base image as I have to update it to Snow Leopard.When I attempt to create my Netinstall Image (Sparse Image), I get the following error. ditto: can't find path for source (1) If I click OK, the casper.app is trying to install.W...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Problem

Ok, here is my problem. Up until last Wednesday we had our internal software update server set to download and enable updates automatically (I know, bad thing) but, when we were doing our jump start I was set straight and turned it off. So, we made a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon 7.3.1 on PPC 10.4.x machines

Has anyone had any issues getting Recon 7.3.1 to run on 10.4 ppc macs? I had an intel Mac mini w/ 10.6 and a PPC mac mini w/ 10.4 right next to each other hooked into the same switch and the 10.4 mac kicks back error 28 at me when I try to run recon ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Integration issue...

Hello, Kind of caught off-guard from this morning's news. Makes me happy that wejust bought three xserves with a lot of Vtrak storage <--sarcasm Anyway, the new 10.6 servers are bound to AD and joined to the kerb realm.Setup was a dream and everythin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No more Xserve [Updated Info]

All- Wudi just gave me a ring. This isn't the end of the world and Jamf likely is going to clear up some grey that's been out in the ether for awhile. What's not supported is the installation process onto non-OS X. Once it's installed, it's supported...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

admit mac upgrade

We received a beta version of Admit Mac to address our issues withversion 5.1. That version seems to address our issues so we are tryingto package it. The problem we're running into is that if we load it ontop of the old version it wipes their key an...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No more Xserve

Get 'em while you can folks. http://www.apple.com/xserve/resources.html This has to be one of the stupidest decisions Apple has ever ever made. Our rep has been "Oh yeah, Apple's serious about Enterprise." Bull. This proves it. Even the PDF document ...  View more

• 51 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors