Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Software Update Problem

Ok, here is my problem. Up until last Wednesday we had our internal software update server set to download and enable updates automatically (I know, bad thing) but, when we were doing our jump start I was set straight and turned it off. So, we made a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon 7.3.1 on PPC 10.4.x machines

Has anyone had any issues getting Recon 7.3.1 to run on 10.4 ppc macs? I had an intel Mac mini w/ 10.6 and a PPC mac mini w/ 10.4 right next to each other hooked into the same switch and the 10.4 mac kicks back error 28 at me when I try to run recon ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Integration issue...

Hello, Kind of caught off-guard from this morning's news. Makes me happy that wejust bought three xserves with a lot of Vtrak storage <--sarcasm Anyway, the new 10.6 servers are bound to AD and joined to the kerb realm.Setup was a dream and everythin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No more Xserve [Updated Info]

All- Wudi just gave me a ring. This isn't the end of the world and Jamf likely is going to clear up some grey that's been out in the ether for awhile. What's not supported is the installation process onto non-OS X. Once it's installed, it's supported...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

admit mac upgrade

We received a beta version of Admit Mac to address our issues withversion 5.1. That version seems to address our issues so we are tryingto package it. The problem we're running into is that if we load it ontop of the old version it wipes their key an...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No more Xserve

Get 'em while you can folks. http://www.apple.com/xserve/resources.html This has to be one of the stupidest decisions Apple has ever ever made. Our rep has been "Oh yeah, Apple's serious about Enterprise." Bull. This proves it. Even the PDF document ...  View more

• 51 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot - New MacBook/MacBook Pro

Guys, I am finding that when I attempt to netboot a new MacBook or MacBook Pro, I get a Kernal Panic.I can only assume it is due to the image I am netbooting from is running X.6.2 rather than X.6.4. Thoughts ???  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

printing issue

Dear all,I get constantly a message on imacs where the users have no admin rights when they try to print to enable it. (the printer queues are pause, I am using LPR printing)I have read the Apple forums and found this command: dseditgroup -o edit -n ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Item MCX [Solved]

Ok I've solved it. I finally figured out the command to add in an MCX to add the GrowlHelperApp as a login item with the equivalent of "always." Ready for this? It's hot (and super long – I needed a 30" display to see it all on one line): dscl . -mcx...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Item MCX

Anyone done this? I can't seem to get the right stuff put together on it. Trying to get GrowlHelperApp added in. Thanks j--Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood StreetLexington,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLIfe 11

Hihas anybody the diff for packing the new one or the one for 09 still works for the new version?thanks Carmelo Lopez Portilla ITS EMBL HeidelbergTel. +49 (0) 6221 387 8444Fax +49 (0) 6221 387 8517email: lopez at embl.de  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFS Share Mounts at login

Hi, I am trying to automate the mount for AD users shared DFS volumes by usingResources Kit "script mountNetworkShare.sh" Created by Nick Amundsen. Our DFS has smb, cifs and afp enabled (if this is the right terminology). Has anyone used this script ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer - a couple feature requests

An undelete option in Composer (in case we need to undelete an item we deleted during testing) Ability to drag/drop scripts into Composer. I realize you can copy/paste. Yes, I did send this to support. :) Thanks,Don  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Parallels Update prompt?

I'm starting to see the screen in parallels that wants you to update to version 6. Has anyone figured out how to disable this? You can check "Don't show this again" and then close. I did a New and Modified in Composer and found two files within ~/lib...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transition from Local to Directory Users

I'm looking for a way to transfer computers from being stand-alone to be bound to AD. Part of my issue is getting the user directory to map to the AD user UID/GID and not munge up the permissions. Has anyone gone through this and what steps did you t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Player 10.1.85.3

I was trying to use the pre installed software pick in Composer and it'snot picking up this version of Flash Player 10.1.85.3. How is everyoneelse doing it? New and Modified Snapshot? Patrick Bachuwa Client Technical Services Sears Holdings Corporati...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature Request: Package used in policy

Hi- Similar to how Casper Admin tells you what configurations are using a package you have selected, it would be nice to have a way to see what policies are distributing what packages. In going through out-dated packages, it would make this process a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MacBook Airs

I have never had the privilege to use/image one of the older Airs or one of the new airs. We are currently looking at these as possible student laptops. Since they do not have ethernet, what is going to be the best way to image them with Casper? Karl...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Backups Shrinking....

Hello all. I'm around 8 months months into using the casper suite. I'm not sure why this would be happening, but it appears that after growing for quite a while, our JSS backup appears to be shrinking. I'm not aware of any issues. Is there a reason a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome

What's the best way to package Google Chrome for deployment via Self Service? I've been doing the normal capture via Composer, but I'm finding some issues with it. Normally with a browser install you'd want to do FUT but not FEU in case they already ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

problem copying package to packages folder

Does anyone else have an ongoing issue where casper admin (when copying a package or script) will report "There was a problem copying the package to the packages folder. Please check the permissions." Our distribution points are newer OSX servers, bu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applescript Extension Attributes

Quick question, can I make an extension attribute script in Applescript? I need to work with some lists and not so good at that in Bash. Any examples of the return format? Or examples at all? Thanks Jeff Jeff Dyck | Analyste de reseaux - Mac OS XCons...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spurious error when recon is triggered?

We're running JSS 7.31 in our test environment. I'm seeing this when recon is run on 10.5 and 10.6 clients: 2010-10-28 08:40:58.020 jamf[1787:903] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary. Is this saf...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors