Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

SUS Server for undefined Network Segment?

Hey all, I'm configuring Casper to update SUS servers to a local server based on Network Segment. However, our internal SUS servers don't have external DNS, so if a user tries to update their computer away from a school network it gives an error mess...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem installing pkg using a policy

Hi all. We have casper suite v7.3.1 and I'm running into an issue when trying to install a simple selfervice.pkg created to update selfservice to the latest version. The pkg is simply moving the old package to /tmp via a pre-install script then insta...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need Help creating package using composer

You can also use the DMG format to distribute the file, and you'll see that the [x] Fill User Templates and [x] Fill Existing User Home Directories can be used to distribute your alias. PS, that assumes that aliases (or symbolic links) work with Casp...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless laptops, 802.1X and logon policies

Hey all, I'm trying to implement a policy that will install Skype based on AD group membership. I see when I choose an AD group as the scope of a policy that I only make a Self Service, Login or Logout policy... Which works fine for computers that ar...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compiled configurations on Secondary Distribution Points

Hi all, I just replicated my data over to a secondary distribution point that weplan on using to help alleviate some of the network latency we've beenseeing from our business partners. It appears as though everything replicated over with no issues, b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Licensing Database

Has anyone come up with a streamlined way to deploy packaged Adobe products like Air, Reader, etc. to workstations that already have Adobe CS4/CS5 without breaking the licensing database? Christopher WhiteFrisco ISDW. Phone: (469) 633-6283Google Voic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching Apple Software Updates

Hi guys, Anyone know where the command: sudo softwareupdate -d -a Downloads updates too? I'm looking at utilising iHook to assist with patch management & user notification. i.e. it'll report back how many cached packages there are & how many download...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FR: Collapsing Headings in Policy View of JSS

It would be nice if in the view of policies you could collapse a heading sothat the policies under that heading were then hidden. For those that havea large number of policies this would make it a little easier to view thepage. Have a little triangle...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching packages/installs

I have flipped through the manual and I haven't found anything clear on how caching works. Our users move around a lot and may not be connected long enough for some of the packages to be downloaded to their machines. Does the caching feature allow fo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory Binding not working in SL

Hello- Our active directory bind has stopped working with Casper Remote. If I senda CR command to bind to our AD, it says it runs successfully, and when Ilook under System PreferenceAccountsLogin Items it says that the computeris joined to our domain...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attributes Google Group

Hello All, I took it upon myself to set up a Google group for posting and sharing Extension Attributes. As some might have seen before I posted on this list some attributes I had written. This was fine and would work great, except I posted the severa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remove/uninstall old printer

I was curious, I have an old printer in Casper Admin that I inadvertently added to all of our machines when I imaged them. Is there a way I can create a policy to remove this printer from my Macs using a policy? Thanks in advance, Terry-- Terry Shelt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

duplicate computer entries in inventory

So, I had a machine that somehow went into the void and when it came back out the tech that imaged it back from the repair shop managed to name it wrong. So, I had two computers with the same serial number and different names. Also, they would show u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Group for Extension Attributes

Hello All, I took it upon myself to set up a Google group for posting and sharing Extension Attributes. As some might have seen before I posted on this list some attributes I had written. This was fine and would work great, except I posted the severa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Winclone, Windows 7, Bad Sectors

Hi all, Has anyone successfully deployed a dual-boot 10.6.4 - Windows 7 configuration? I'm working on getting an ENORMUS image created and I'm running into "bad sector" errors, even though I've run scandisk multiple times with 0 bad sectors reported....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding the hostname at the end of admin pw

I wonder anyone had to do this? Due to company policy we need to reset local admin pw every few months (pain) or workaround; add the hostname at the end of the local admin pw (this way every mac will have unique ladmin pw). Any scripting gods out the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS9

I know... it's really old and I don't want it in my environment either.... However I have a group that needs access to it for some legacy software and files. Currently the group has access to a PPC mac with the classic environment. Has anyone ever us...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM and the Casper Suite

Hey guys, We don’t normally talk about software before its time, but are making an exception as we continue working on version 8. The press release drops tomorrow, but thought you all would appreciate an early heads up. http://jamfsoftware.com/soluti...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 Deployment

Hello All, our packaging area packaged CS5 Des Standard following theinstructions from Jamf, however when I push the package to an I7 MacBookPro it's not all there. It tested fine one a few other Macbooks we have.Any idea if the build could be machin...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Dazzle

Has anyone created a package for Citrix Dazzle (Citrix Online Plug-in.pkg)that includes the address of their server? If so, and were successful, canyou share it? I don't seem to be able to move thecom.Citrix.Citrix_Dazzle.plist to the machine (with t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copying new signatures to Entourage

[Changing to a more meaningful subject and snipping generously]On 8/30/10 3:47 AM, "Emmanuel Affran" wrote: I'm going to say this probably cannot be done programmatically. Entourage stores its signatures in its Database file and that file canonly be...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

bind by smart configuration [ feature request ]

I have been looking for a feature, but I do not see it in Casper anywhere. So, I did some creative scripting instead. However, I can see how this would benefit many different organizations. We have about 6,000 Macbooks in my environment and when we f...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Child domain authentication

Not sure if any of you guys have seen this before.. but... Our master jss is located in the parent domain: weu.mycompany.global We have replicated distribution point in the child domain: child.weu.mycompany.global We are using the casperadmin & caspe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

unlock energy saver non admins?

I know you can set schedules in MCX, but does anyone know a way to allow non admin users to customize energy saver settings? I didn't see anything in resource kit or in the archives. Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors