Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

system_profiler hangs?

I'm using system_profiler in an extension attribute script to provide the location of all the preference pane files. system_profiler SPPrefPaneDataType | awk '/Location:/ { print $2 }' Generally speaking this runs every time without issue. On some sy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Topic - PolicyBanner

I saw on AFP548 a video of them using a logo on their policy banner,when I tried to put our company's logo on ours and save as a RTFD fileit only displays a generic icon of whatever format the picture is in(.jpg, .tiff, .gif, .png) when I drop back t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Air 2011 Image

I had read a post over on MacE about this and thought I would give it a try with the new MacBook Air. if you boot to recovery you can essentially install Lion to an external drive and you are able to extract the InstallESD.dmg for that model. Here ar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX pref for Adobe Acrobat

I have turned on the self heal managed pref but it dose not work. I am running 10.7 and adobe acrobat 9.4.5. Is it working for anyone out there? would really love to get this working. I am a returning user to casper. Used it before and had to working...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Valid fields when using the JSS API

When using the JSS API, I find that I am unable to set certain fields, however there is no error. For example, when attempting to add or update a computer, I am not able to set Processor Type, Processor Architecture, Storage Information, or Local Acc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Lion Server in a VM

Just a heads up for anyone installing Lion Server in a VM that is running into the error message (Software Updates not available). The way to get around this is install a previous package of Server Essentials from the Apple Developer page, then reope...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

prestage imaging

Hi,I'm trying to get the Casper PreStage imaging to work with some new computers and when I setup and power on a couple of MacPros it does not goto Casper Imaging automatically. Do I need to have it netboot first or should it netboot automatically?? ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

policies and hard drive quotas

Anyone use quotas? I only ask this because we are about to deploy 5,500 Macbook Airs with 60gig SSD drives in them. I guarantee my users will fill it with pictures, music and movies really fast. So I am thinking at some point I may need to push a pac...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment profile giving Invalid payload error

I am getting the message "The Profile is invalid. The MDM payload "Mobile Device Management" contains an invalid topic. I am using Ver 8.1 JSS. I am trying to connect my iPad 2 devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. **** M...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

__OSX_Lion_is_a_POS...Now_SMB_ doesn't__work!

x10 on that. We had our Apple Sales Per… I mean engineer here recently and he said OD would fix everything. I think we can get away without it.--Matt Lee, CCA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDTSenior IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper Adm...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Server DNS vs SL Server DNS

So I found an interesting thing when setting up a new server today. We use infoblox here and we do have some weird DNS registering issues (where the Macs get stale names but we usually can manually change it.) When installing a fresh Lion Server we n...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Managed Preferences and Mobile Homes

Hello, first of all, I'm pretty new to Casper Suite (8.2.1) and Open-Directory administration (10.6.8-Clients and Servers), so please excuse my questions if they all seams obvious. I wanted to set password policies for all our users and I've already ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

BaseSystem.dmg

I'm trying to use the BaseSystem.dmg to lay down a 2nd partition orLion. I have in the parent config a 2nd partition created @ 2gb (whenyou install apple's default is 650mb), Journaled HFS+, checked This is arestore partition, selected the basesystem...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post script goes in circles...

Sorry I have an image, ready to go everything is working but when I add a post script to fix up the firmware password, update a few setting and then trigger a few more scripts. But what happens is that it restarts then I have to login and it then pop...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX_Lion_is_a_POS...Now_SMB_doesn't_ work!

We're also seeing this. It appears to be that Apple has changed the way the domain is displayed. However, I'm finding that while I get the "green light" in the Accounts pane, I get a "red light" at the loginwindow, though no changes have been made. I...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion NBI, SL install

Is there any issues that anybody has run into when using a Lion NBI tolay down a SL image? I was able to load lion down w/o issue, but when I went to install SnowLeopard it just hangs on boot with the spinning pinwheel. When I do averbose boot, it re...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco VPN client question

Has anybody found a way to toggle tunneling options in the Built in Cisco vpn client?In the Cisco client when you modify the profile, you can go to tunneling options, and there are some options for encapsulating, or not, and using udp or tcp, and mos...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot & Self Service

Guys, Just a couple of issues: When creating a policy and adding an icon to use through self service, I am finding that the icon is not visible through Self Service. I have made a JPG and PNG at 128 pixels and neither of them seem to work. ??? After ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem installing Winclone image

Hey gang, We're trying to get some Mac minis configured with a dual boot setup using Casper Imaging. In the configuration Info window in Casper Admin, I have it setup to create a 60 GB NTFS partition and have selected our Windows 7 image that was cap...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thin Imaging

With the new MacBook Airs and Minis not coming with restore media, I'm thinking Thin Imaging might be the way to go. Does anyone have a thin imaging workflow with Casper that they could share? ThanksAllen  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post Scripts... (Sharing?)

Everyone is talking about post scripts and we get snippets which is great but as someone who is working on perfecting his own I would love if we could maybe start sharing these post scripts. So does anyone want to share their posts scripts? Would be ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 Netboot and disk formatting / partitioning

On a test box I'm netbooting off a 10.7 image on a 10.7 server... casperimaging 8.21 launches normally. The problem is that when I launchdiskutility to partition the drive, it says it can't unmounts the disk(I verified I have the correct disk). So I ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

auto joining a wireless network via a script

I am having issues with the resource kit script to join a machine to a wireless network. I've used the script in the past with a mixture of old Airport and cisco access points. We just installed campus wide cisco wireless and the script in the kit do...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS epoch error

Hello All, Over the last couple of days I have noticed a number of polices failing when submitting logs with the error: The JSS did not return an epoch to compare for time skew. The data can not be trusted and will not be used. - The maximum clock sk...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors