Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Environment

Is there a way to get composer to work in the JSS netboot image? I have it in the applications directory and select full finder to load the rest of the OS. This would be nice for creating images with out having to use a secondary system. - Grant  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Blank

Having a strange issue with Self Service. A user launches the Self Serviceapp, and the app loads to a blank white screen...nothing more. Seeing thiswith v7.3 and v7.3.1. Running v7.3.1 on the JSS. I can still connect tothe web-version of Self Service...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

winclone restore failing - target drive too small

Anyone run into this error when restoring winclone bootcamp partition? Installing winclone.winclone... Error: Target drive is too small for windows image Winclone package is 6 gigs. The original partition was 40 gig (26 gig free). I've tried restorin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging remote or off-site computers

Hello, I would like to know how you can image a computer that is either not at a site that has a distribution point, or a computer that may not be on the internal network. I can sync an external drive with Casper Admin... in the past I have taken tha...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Future options for Windows imaging via Casper?

I'm surprised to see that WinClone was discontinued. I thought Jamf hadsome agreement with the developer that would keep this product around fora while. Since Casper Imaging supports winclone image files, it reallyeased the process. I've used WDS bui...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed Firefox update

I just cleaned up a bit of a mess that I made with a policy that updated Firefox and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to do it better in the future. I created a policy that updates Firefox to the 3.6.8 version using a trigger of r...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy errors after imaging restart

An error occurred executing the policy "PostImage: Install Sophos, Mail cert. DUPLICATE" on the computer "2448-mp".Hello All. I'm just working at automating my imaging more and am running into an issue which I'm not sure how to solve. Essentially I c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

compiled images losing settings?

Anyone ever ran across an image coming down fine via file copy, but when compiled certain settings are lost (such as menu bar settings, software update being on even though it is set to be off for all users with a package)? I'm running 7.3. I know I ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.3 feature - Send email via JSS

Not sure if people picked up on this or not, but there's a new option in the Privileges section for an account.You'll it listed as "Send email to end users via JSS"After you've enabled the option and saved, go run a quick inventory search.That option...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Reader malware

Has anyone figured out how to package Adobe Reader without any of the extra cruft (specifically Air)?? Adobe makes an Air-less Windows installer, but not for Mac. No matter what we've tried, Reader does a heal when you fire it up after removing any c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FireWall Router for Mac

Hi, We have been using FreeGuard routers for a while as our firewall solution, and because the company went out of business and the fact that everything we touched it the routing would break and we could never get it back, we are looking for a new fi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Software for Mac OSX Server

My organization is in the process of transitioning from Symantec to McAfee for anti-virus/anti-maleware etc... At this point McAfee is telling us that they do not have support for Mac OSX Server. What are you guys using for that type of software on M...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to disable archving in Entourage

Unfortunately, that's not possible.On 7/28/10 12:05 PM, "Daniel Behan" wrote: Entourage does not use .plist files for preferences, which means it cannotbe controlled via MCX or any other type of administrative tool. Microsofthas not provided any mea...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Granting Access to Network System Preferences

Does anyone know of a way to grant permanent access to the Network SystemPreference? I noticed in the resource kit there was a script that grantsaccess to the DVD region code via /etc/authorization, does anyone know if Ican do what I want using that ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning computers to groups

What is the best way to assign a computer to a group or departmentduring/after imaging? The only way I can find is to use PreStaging to setthe department, but ideally I'd like a script or other way of setting this. I'm finding it tedious to image a f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Woes on 10.5 Server

Yesterday our Mac Server lost partial DNS. I can still access it through its IP and DNS name, but when I tag our domain onto it ...com I get no response. I went to unbind and rebind to the domain and Directory Utility locked up the server and require...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows VM - Mass deploy

Any of you folks using JSS to deploy Windows VM to your Macs? ideas that we are looking at;- Fusion- Parallels- VirtualBox - VM via standard image- VM pointed at Win partition and using WinClone. Nick Caro Senior Desktop Support AdministratorPhone 21...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wildcard in PreStage Hard Drive name

Quick question, I'm using prestage configs to help smooth over the imaging of several thousand computers. Most of them have a Hard Drive named "MacintoshHD", so I have that configured in the PreStage config. However, some are "Macintosh HD" with a sp...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AAMEE not installing Illustrator

Anyone else using AAMEE and having issues? My issue is that it is installingevery app except Illustrator and I've rebuilt the package using AAMEE overthree times now. --Alan Benedict?Macintosh TechnicianThe Integer Grouphttp://www.integer.com  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authentication logging level

Does anyone know where I can crank up the logging level and view the log that covered LDAP authentication? We have an odd thing going here where some AD users can log into Casper services (such as Imaging) and others can't. I'd like to see what's goi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts and Software Updates

We are having issues deploying scripts. One is the ability to target specific updates when we have people requesting a specific update ahead of our software update schedule. It is fine and dandy that Casper has the ability to do all updates but is th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service will not display any policies

So, I too now have the issue of self service not displaying policy. You can watch the load bar load, and it takes it's time but no icons appear for me to click on anything. Reboots intermittently fix the issue. School is not out yet, so I am the only...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VNC Enable

Does anyone have a script we can use to enable VNC? Patrick Bachuwa Client Technical Services Sears Holdings Corporation Michigan Campus 3000 W. 14 Mile Road Royal Oak, MI 48073-1717 Phone: 248 637-0350  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone doing Live LDAP lookups? - Updated

I talked to Jamf support yesterday and we think we may have found why it doesn't work. Basically, in order to do the live LDAP lookup, an initial lookup needs to be performed so that an LDAP ID is populated. This normally shows up in the left bottom ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife '09 install

I am trying to figure out how to add iLife'09 (a metapackage from the install DVD) into my workflow. I have an unbooted install as the base and a number of packages and repackaged packages that I use to install most of our software. I'd rather not re...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperSuite 7.3 - Recon

Hi all, Thought I would post this to see if anyone else had this issue. And I have not spoken to Support about this as yet.... Recon.app 7.3 works (appears to) when activated locally and run on a client machine, it then created the Admin User and tal...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors