Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PKG uninstall?

Hey guys I think I know th answer to this but wanted to check. If I have made some .pkg's in Composer and then Index this, do I then get the option in Casper Remote or a policy? I thought I heard this won't work, only .dmg but im getting conflicting ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes

I was a little late to the table with Extension Attributes, I only recently setup a 7.3 server because of hardware limitations until recently. I have written five extention attributes tat I would like to share with anyone who might want to use them. ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

FR: Package Attribute FCU

Hello Support, I can't recall if I've already submitted something like this, but I figuredI might as well ask again if I hadn't. I was looking at using a Self Service policy to place an application (or anynumber of things really) on the Desktop for t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 Adobe Packages Fail to Open after Install

Hi, I've created packages of my CS5 Adobe apps using Composer. After installing the packages they fail to launch giving anAdobe error 6. Is this a known problem with a clear solution? The apps installed fine on the host from which thepackages were cr...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Heads up: 7.3 breaks Self Service

If you use Self Service and scope policies to either Static or Smart Computer Groups, the policies may not show up in Self Service 7.3 following an upgrade of the suite to 7.3. Policies scoped to All Managed Clients/All Managed Servers still show up....  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Feature Request] self updating self service

Could it be possible that when you update the jamf binary via Casper policy there could also be a way to update all needed Jamf apps as well? Every time I update the back end (JSS and Jamf binary) I have to manually update Self Service. Could this po...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging on iBook G4 freezes

All, I'm trying to image our iBooks using Casper Imaging 7.21 and Netboot. Theproblems occurs at startup of the imaging software, it sometimes gets pastthe login screen sometimes not. Once it freezes Casper imaging locks upand you have to reboot the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

database doesn't backup anymore

Anyone had database backup error? I have remove the schedule from JSS and re added also rebooted server, but still having problems This is what I've got from sytem log Jul 15 03:00:16 jamfsoftware.task.BackupJSSDatabase[19254]: There is a problem wit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Language files

Does anyone bother with removing application-specific language filespost-imaging? I disabled language files for the OS, but I ran CleanMyMacwhich showed 1.67 GB of language files, stored in each application. I'dlove to free up that space, if possible...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

software update redux (last question on this)

I know I have asked this before, but before I go on with a solid set of policies I want to get some feed back from the community on what works best for all of you. I have now set up 6 SUS servers, all 10.5.8 to cascade from one parent server to 5 chi...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling 9006

Hello, We currently upgraded our server to Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and was trying to disable port 9006 on the server. We tried modifying the file /Library/Tomcat/conf/server.xml and commented out the following adding the first and last lines and restarti...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage Preference Login items

I am trying to set the login items as manage preference and I can'tmanage to get them to apply. I have tried uploading the manage preference tothe login window plist with no luck. Below is a copy of the xml file of theAutoLaunchedApplicationDictionar...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

i5 macbook pro will not netboot

Hi John, First, I'm very, very jealous. My new laptop is only an i5. :( Thanks for outlining the procedure. The steps you outlined below (echoed by Steve Wood and some others on the main Casper list) worked like a charm. I hope JAMF creates a new KB ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 diff files?

Hi, Have JAMF pulled the CS5 diff files. I just download the latest diffs and now I only see CS4FlashShockwave 10 and 11FirefoxiLife 09iWork 09Office 2008SophosStuffit 12Text Wrangler Best wishes Michael  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite SDK

Hey everyone, Along with the official release of the JSS API in Casper Suite 7.3, we are also proud to announce the Casper Suite SDK. The Casper Suite SDK is a collection of resources and example applications that are developed in a number of differe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 7.3 Release This Week

Hey everyone, Casper Suite 7.3 will be shipping this week to all current customers. Everyone should be getting an email with information by the end of the day on Wednesday. If you don't receive an email by then, or have pressing needs to upgrade soon...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.3 update

It just got released might as well start an official thread on it. Any caveats so far? Any heads up? I am downloading it now, may not fuss with it until next week though. thanks tom  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

NIC bonding

Hi All, Is there another way of bonding the NICs instead of aggregating them on OS X Server 10.6.4 9 running on intel XServe? Another way of saying; Is there a way of setting IP failover between two NICs that one stays off and takes over if the maste...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone records

Does anyone know how the jamf binary collects iPhone records? Obviously, it must be pulling something from a local database of some sort. Anyone? Thanksj--Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Lab...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hidden Accounts

I have an odd problem. I created 2 admin (casper and local admin)accounts using instaDMG. Both accounts are admin and hidden. I cansign into both using "other" and can deploy packages and stuff throughCasper as expected. When I do just the base image...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running a "postimage" script with custom policy trigger

Hello all. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to setup a postimage routine that installs a few things like sophos and other packages which install best on a live OS. Right now, I have a policy that checks for "any" and the scope is set to a s...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature Request: Reject Apostrophes in Package Names

Hello all, Casper Hates Apostrophes in Package Names. I encountered this a long time ago, but I forgot and it bit me again. Ever forget? Happened to me. Composer allow you create a package and use an apostrophe in its file name, andCasper Admin allow...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passing Variables to a pearl script

Hi guys, We've been supplied a pearl script that we need to run @ login on each mac. I'm trying to pass variables to it, but am sadly not use to pearl & as this script is for a proprietry solution (NetConsent is the program fyi) I'd not be comfortabl...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Catalyst

Hello All, Happy Friday We currently use the built in Adobe tool in Casper to push the CS4 suitewithout any issues, however we packaged Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 usingComposers snapshot method and it works fine, except when you launch anyof the CS4 pr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors