Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passing Variables to a pearl script

Hi guys, We've been supplied a pearl script that we need to run @ login on each mac. I'm trying to pass variables to it, but am sadly not use to pearl & as this script is for a proprietry solution (NetConsent is the program fyi) I'd not be comfortabl...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Catalyst

Hello All, Happy Friday We currently use the built in Adobe tool in Casper to push the CS4 suitewithout any issues, however we packaged Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 usingComposers snapshot method and it works fine, except when you launch anyof the CS4 pr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging speed fluctuations

We are building a laptop config and have begun testing it by netbooting andthen imaging machines connected to a Gigabit switch which also contains theserver with the JSS and CasperShare. The Base OS package will install at90-100 MB/sec (according to ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging compile issues? [ ref:00D8cOw4.5008BQNrZ:ref ]

Sticking the 10.6.4 Combo Updater in the configuration with the 10.6.3Retail base OS appears to fix whatever compile problems I was seeing. Iam able to compile everything with no issues for the time being. This also boots all hardware, which is much ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

[off topic] disk quotas, how do you notify your users?

This is sort of off topic, though I am sure there is a Casper solution that could be done too. How do you all notify your users when their network storage disk quotas are starting to fill up? Say like every time they log in, if they are 75% or more f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netinstalling bogs down

We are deep into imaging, but at every school we go to we find that thingsreally start slowing down after a while. In what is a typical setup, I have 24 MacBooks netbooting and imaging (andam only using one fairly beefy Mac Pro behind the scenes to h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Savers!!

I know this is pretty much admin 101... but we're having some issues managing screen savers via OD/mcx for 10.4, 10.5 & 10.6 clients (our OD servers are10.5 only atm).... & I'm having a mental blank.. Basically, some clients are getting the correct l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 Deployments

Hello, Sorry, I have not needed to look into CS5 until recently. I assumed that the latest JSS upgrade would have had support for CS5 Adobe Installs, however it seems to think my disk image is CS3 or 4. I have been bitten pretty bad by packaging CS4 ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging compile issues?

Hello, I've been banging my head against the wall for a few days on this now, and I can't figure out what might be going on with it... We've got a big hardware rollout coming up in a few weeks, so I'm working on getting all of our configurations in p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Root Certificate

Does anyone knows how to add Microsoft Root Certificate on base build. Oranybody managed to package it? I am pulling my hair out.... :( Cem  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote and Recon stuck

I just updated our 10.5.8 server with the latest Java and security patches from Apple. Restarted the JSS, had to reinstall without distribution points to get Tomcat working again. Web management runs fine, however, we had some new clients try to join...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

killall script & 10.6 restart

I just thought I'd post something that I found, in case it impacts anyone at some point. I was having this weird issue when I recon'd a machine running any version of 10.6 (tested from .1 up through .4, with no other software except the basic OS), wh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assign Computer Names Based on Serial Number

Howdy,We’re looking at PreImaging and would like to be able to specify the machine name for each serial number that we enter. Is that possible? 25 machines with 25 specific computer names, matched on serial number. Any help or direction would be grea...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VirtualBox

Has anybody tried to capture an image of VirtualBox (Oracle) running Windows 7? I need to eventually try to do that and was wondering if there were any issues I need to look out for. Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Imaging

Hello all We have been creating our images by taking the latest hardware that wehave and customizing it however we want and then copying it into theCasper Admin, We have been experiencing some issues now and then and theApple engineer says we shouldn...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging iTunes for deployment with Casper

Hey All- For reasons I won't go into now, we can't update our users iTunes with AppleSoftware Update. I was thinking of packaging iTunes 9.1.1 and deploying itwith Casper. Has anyone attempted this and was it successful? ThxJon Jonathan H. Smith | Sr...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Management Account

Hi all, We want to have one account that is to be used for Management for all our Macs. We have around 10 currently in use! to make the change, i was going to create a quickadd then install on all machines that don't have this account on them.. is th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package install failures

I am trying to figure out what is happening when I install a few things via a "postimage" policy that runs packages that I need to run on the "live" OS after the imaging process. As you can see from the logs below, some things are failing. I have tes...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6 and reboot not working

I have this odd problem with my 10.6 machines: When any account (admin or otherwise) selects the Restart option from the apple menu, the machine goes straight back to the login window without restarting. If I select "restart" from the login window, i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless netbooting?

Is it possible to wirelessly netboot MacBooks? I understand that theMacBook Air supports wireless netbooting, and it appears that some othermodels do,too. Does anyone know which Macs will image wirelessly, or if you have to tweakanything to make it w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting a specific file

Hi- Has anyone tried deploying the latest Flash plugin? Adobe's moved away from their pkg installer to the .app installer which means that instead of having to just drag the pkg into Casper Admin, it now needs packaging. I swear Adobe… Anyway, Safari...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package install failures?

I recently started using a 10.6.3 base image and seem to be having an issue with some of the packages that get installed after imaging. I don't recall having the issue before 10.6. Essentially I have a 10.6 image, a bunch of packages (Apps, etc) that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Docks for OD Users

All, I'm trying to setup the docks to look at OD for what configuration they needto be. For example, HS students would be different than MS students. Iwould like it to use LDAP to grab the group so the propercom.apple.dock.plist gets acquired. If thi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Winclone image

I have been trying to upload a Windows Winclone image to my Casper server and it keeps freezing at trying to create a Bill of Materials. Any ideas on how to fix? Some kind of bug? Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wildcard variable in smart group criteria?

Hey all I have another question, and since the response was so helpful on my earlier question will try again - hopefully you will all be patient with me, as I'm working on getting our Casper system going - have about 3500 computers and 22 servers to ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Long offline logins

Anyone else seeing this when a machine is offline and logging in? In the console, I'll see "checking availability of http://... Waiting 5 seconds to try again..." and it will repeat this for about a minute. The com.apple.SystemStarter is firing these...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors