Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Netboot permissions issue?

My current .nbi image works great! But I have ran into a problem. We were moving the Xserve to a different VLAN in our location (hcusgr153) and after hitting "N" on a Mac laptop the netboot started fine, but when I go to image the machine from the sa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

using mountNetworkShare.sh with Login trigger

Hello, we recently started using Casper Suite and have come up against our first issue: how to handle mounting multiple SMB shares at login. Currently, I'm trying to mount two shares at login for students in a lab. In the Finder, I can use "Connect t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Caper Remote to update IP

Is there a way to force casper remote to update the IP's in it's DB orpush out to specific IPs? Trying to load an app on a system, and the Ethernet IP address won'tupdate - I can sign on the box, but casper isn't seeing the updated Ip,so I can't send...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Switchboard

Does anyone sucessfully packaged up Adobe Swtchboard. I can't seem topackage it properly. thanks, Maura Maura FennellyTechnology DepartmentArchbishop Mitty High Schoolmfennelly at mitty.com408.324.4243  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VNC or ARD into a NetBoot'ed Mac

Hiya all... Anyone know if this is possible? Pretty much as it says. Either VNC or ARD into a machine that is NetBooted?Would love to avoid carrying a key/mouse/mon and make it truly headless. Thanks in advance! -P@ DISCLAIMER 17-8-2010 13:46:17 This...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re Creating Alias' or symbolic links in Composer?

Hello Ryan,I am using built-in cisco VPN client in Snow Leopard and managed to capture the settings using Composer System SnapShot. But still stuck with capturing Shared Secret bit (if anyone knows how to packaged that it will be great)I prefer built...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to stop Bong sound 27" iMac latest quad core

Hi,I know this is not Casper issue. Anyone knows how to stop or lower the volume (very loud bong) startup sound in firmware level for good on 27" iMac latest quad core. I have tried numerous apps and terminal commands (yes they work), but as soon as ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Management

With the ability to recon iPhones, will this same functionality work with iPads? James Fuller | Starbucks Coffee Company | Technology Application Services | business systems analyst, senior | Coffee MasterE: jafuller at starbucks.com | V: 206.318.715...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Editing and Deleting Saved Searches in 7.3

Morning, The question from Jeff this morning prompts this email, it's purelyinformational. I scratched my head for about 10-15 minutes one night trying to figure outhow to delete a saved search I already had. I first went to Inventory Options, but it...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass-delete Autorun data?

Is there a way to mass-delete autorun data from a computer group or from every machine in the JSS? Jeffrey A. StraussSystems AdministratorDepartment of Educational TechnologyLoyola High School of Los Angeles1901 Venice BoulevardLos Angeles, Ca 900062...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Alias' or symbolic links in Composer?

Hello- I’m working on a Cisco VPN package. During the install it creates a symbolic link from /private/etc/CiscoSystemsVPNClient -> /etc/opt/cisco-vpnclient. When I make the package, it puts the contents of cisco-vpnclient in a directory called Cisco...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

sethomepage command - firefox

I was looking for a way to set homepage (we have Firefox as our default) for all users on certain machines. This command works perfectly... except it also opens a tab for http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6.3/whatsnew jamf setHomePage -fut -home...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FR: JSS Web Interface Productivity Improvements

Morning, So my usage of the JSS goes in waves, and my largest use is always beforeclasses start. When I start using the web interface the same annoyances comeback each time. It's frustrating to go into a section, and when your work is done you getspi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting local prefs via MCX

Hi all, I'm working on setting up some 10.5.8 workstations, and I'm trying to useMCX to set Preferences on a generic local user to lock down certainsettings. We do not use directory authentication (and please don't tell mewhy I should set it up ­ it ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature request for JSS mobile applications

Hi, I would prefer the JSS mobile applications by default not to store the password for accessing the JSS. If one really wants to do so, this should be optional but not recommended. Best,Marko -- Marko JungNSMS - Oxford University Computing Servicesh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper in a campus or multi department enterprise

Hello, I'm investigating Casper as a Mac management solution. I am wondering if anyone is using casper in a large multi department enterprise? I'm wondering if there is any way to make it so that access to machines for one department is restricted to...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Master Distribution Point Not Mounting

Hi Everyone, My master distribution point is failing to mount via Casper Admin. I haveeven assigned R/W ACLs for another account to have access to the CasperSharebut no dice. What am I doing wrong here? Casper is installed on a Mac Pro that I have ac...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6 Password from Screensaver?

Hey all, Is anyone else having any trouble with the MCX settings for enforcingpasswords when returning from screensaver? It was working with all ofour 10.5 machines, but it seems to be spotty on our 10.6 machines. I've verified that MCX settings are ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VNC

Is there a way to VNC/ARD in while a machine is imaging, so I canmonitor it? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, CTS 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 SMS / Text Page: 2245873298 Team Lead: Chris Sta Ana  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

restricted apps...

Hi everyone, Suddenly, my restricted applications don't appear to be restricted anylonger. I've got all settings configured the same as they were. I killthe process for a given name such as Terminal but to no avail. Doesanyone know why this may have ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

favicon

In the past I've changed the favicon file (I modified the original Casper one from green to red) on my test server. That way I can easily tell in my browser if I'm in the production or test environment. I for the life of me can't remember where it's ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Alias or symbolic links?

Hi Guys- I’m working on a Cisco VPN client package. It appears as though it makes a symbolic link from /private/etc/CiscoSystemsVPNClient -> /etc/opt/cisco-vpnclient, however when I create the package in composer, it just copies this information and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Storage/Filesystem Question

Hello, Not really Casper related... sorry. I have a server that I have inherited that I need to replace. This server is used by an art automation group which mainly consists of developers. There are many automated systems that mount the shares on thi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

best logging method for scripts

I have been scrapping my scripts and combining them all into 1 post image script for configurations that are just needed. What I cannot do in MCX I do via shell scripts. However, combining them all racks up like 500 lines of code sometimes. I would l...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to mount SMB share?

Does anyone have an easy script to auto mount an SMB share that I could make a policy with through casper? I have a bunch of Windows servers used for online testing in our school district that have a data folder that needs to mount for the client pro...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Messenger:Mac 6 configuration

I am coming up empty handed on generating a script to automate the configuration of Messenger 6 for our clients. I tried to go about the modification of the plist but it has failed every time leaving me with a first run script like what you would use...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

entourage - junk email protection

The entourage script in the Resource Kit is working well for us. Anyone know of a way to force off junk email protection, either with a script or a managed preference? Thanks.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors