Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Authentication logging level

Does anyone know where I can crank up the logging level and view the log that covered LDAP authentication? We have an odd thing going here where some AD users can log into Casper services (such as Imaging) and others can't. I'd like to see what's goi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts and Software Updates

We are having issues deploying scripts. One is the ability to target specific updates when we have people requesting a specific update ahead of our software update schedule. It is fine and dandy that Casper has the ability to do all updates but is th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service will not display any policies

So, I too now have the issue of self service not displaying policy. You can watch the load bar load, and it takes it's time but no icons appear for me to click on anything. Reboots intermittently fix the issue. School is not out yet, so I am the only...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VNC Enable

Does anyone have a script we can use to enable VNC? Patrick Bachuwa Client Technical Services Sears Holdings Corporation Michigan Campus 3000 W. 14 Mile Road Royal Oak, MI 48073-1717 Phone: 248 637-0350  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone doing Live LDAP lookups? - Updated

I talked to Jamf support yesterday and we think we may have found why it doesn't work. Basically, in order to do the live LDAP lookup, an initial lookup needs to be performed so that an LDAP ID is populated. This normally shows up in the left bottom ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife '09 install

I am trying to figure out how to add iLife'09 (a metapackage from the install DVD) into my workflow. I have an unbooted install as the base and a number of packages and repackaged packages that I use to install most of our software. I'd rather not re...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperSuite 7.3 - Recon

Hi all, Thought I would post this to see if anyone else had this issue. And I have not spoken to Support about this as yet.... Recon.app 7.3 works (appears to) when activated locally and run on a client machine, it then created the Admin User and tal...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PKG uninstall?

Hey guys I think I know th answer to this but wanted to check. If I have made some .pkg's in Composer and then Index this, do I then get the option in Casper Remote or a policy? I thought I heard this won't work, only .dmg but im getting conflicting ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes

I was a little late to the table with Extension Attributes, I only recently setup a 7.3 server because of hardware limitations until recently. I have written five extention attributes tat I would like to share with anyone who might want to use them. ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

FR: Package Attribute FCU

Hello Support, I can't recall if I've already submitted something like this, but I figuredI might as well ask again if I hadn't. I was looking at using a Self Service policy to place an application (or anynumber of things really) on the Desktop for t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 Adobe Packages Fail to Open after Install

Hi, I've created packages of my CS5 Adobe apps using Composer. After installing the packages they fail to launch giving anAdobe error 6. Is this a known problem with a clear solution? The apps installed fine on the host from which thepackages were cr...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Heads up: 7.3 breaks Self Service

If you use Self Service and scope policies to either Static or Smart Computer Groups, the policies may not show up in Self Service 7.3 following an upgrade of the suite to 7.3. Policies scoped to All Managed Clients/All Managed Servers still show up....  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Feature Request] self updating self service

Could it be possible that when you update the jamf binary via Casper policy there could also be a way to update all needed Jamf apps as well? Every time I update the back end (JSS and Jamf binary) I have to manually update Self Service. Could this po...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging on iBook G4 freezes

All, I'm trying to image our iBooks using Casper Imaging 7.21 and Netboot. Theproblems occurs at startup of the imaging software, it sometimes gets pastthe login screen sometimes not. Once it freezes Casper imaging locks upand you have to reboot the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

database doesn't backup anymore

Anyone had database backup error? I have remove the schedule from JSS and re added also rebooted server, but still having problems This is what I've got from sytem log Jul 15 03:00:16 jamfsoftware.task.BackupJSSDatabase[19254]: There is a problem wit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Language files

Does anyone bother with removing application-specific language filespost-imaging? I disabled language files for the OS, but I ran CleanMyMacwhich showed 1.67 GB of language files, stored in each application. I'dlove to free up that space, if possible...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

software update redux (last question on this)

I know I have asked this before, but before I go on with a solid set of policies I want to get some feed back from the community on what works best for all of you. I have now set up 6 SUS servers, all 10.5.8 to cascade from one parent server to 5 chi...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling 9006

Hello, We currently upgraded our server to Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and was trying to disable port 9006 on the server. We tried modifying the file /Library/Tomcat/conf/server.xml and commented out the following adding the first and last lines and restarti...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage Preference Login items

I am trying to set the login items as manage preference and I can'tmanage to get them to apply. I have tried uploading the manage preference tothe login window plist with no luck. Below is a copy of the xml file of theAutoLaunchedApplicationDictionar...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

i5 macbook pro will not netboot

Hi John, First, I'm very, very jealous. My new laptop is only an i5. :( Thanks for outlining the procedure. The steps you outlined below (echoed by Steve Wood and some others on the main Casper list) worked like a charm. I hope JAMF creates a new KB ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 diff files?

Hi, Have JAMF pulled the CS5 diff files. I just download the latest diffs and now I only see CS4FlashShockwave 10 and 11FirefoxiLife 09iWork 09Office 2008SophosStuffit 12Text Wrangler Best wishes Michael  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite SDK

Hey everyone, Along with the official release of the JSS API in Casper Suite 7.3, we are also proud to announce the Casper Suite SDK. The Casper Suite SDK is a collection of resources and example applications that are developed in a number of differe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 7.3 Release This Week

Hey everyone, Casper Suite 7.3 will be shipping this week to all current customers. Everyone should be getting an email with information by the end of the day on Wednesday. If you don't receive an email by then, or have pressing needs to upgrade soon...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.3 update

It just got released might as well start an official thread on it. Any caveats so far? Any heads up? I am downloading it now, may not fuss with it until next week though. thanks tom  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

NIC bonding

Hi All, Is there another way of bonding the NICs instead of aggregating them on OS X Server 10.6.4 9 running on intel XServe? Another way of saying; Is there a way of setting IP failover between two NICs that one stays off and takes over if the maste...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone records

Does anyone know how the jamf binary collects iPhone records? Obviously, it must be pulling something from a local database of some sort. Anyone? Thanksj--Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Lab...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors