Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

version 7.2 distribution point replication bug?

I just updated to version 7.2 and when i try to replicate my shares from the master to my distribution points, it will not allow me to select more than one any more. It will replicate the first one, and then error out saying it cannot mount the rest ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hard drives filling?

We had seen this a few months ago, but it went away so I didn't worryanymore about it. However, after turning on a software update policy forsome of our users last week, we're getting lots of machines with HUGE tempfiles that keep growing until event...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

March 2010 Resource Kit Posted

Hey all, We've posted a new Resource Kit to: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/downloads/ResourceKit.dmg This Resource Kit release corresponds with our recent Casper Suite 7.2 release. The most significant change that took place in this release is that mos...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable airport

We just blasted this out via ARD, but I suppose some clever person coulddesign a script to run as a policy. networksetup ­setnetworkserviceenabled AirPort off That did the trick for us. Janice K. HillPC Support ManagerApple Certified Technical Coordi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Airport when Ethernet is active

I would like to somehow automatically disable Airport when Ethernet is the active network connection. And potentially re-enable it when Ethernet is not in use.I already have all my Macs configure with Ethernet at the top of the network service order....  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script parameters/variables when imaging

As you can gather from my previous questions, we're about to deploy a few more machines. Basically, I'll be taking a retail DMG, combo updating & then using a combination of various scripts to set things such as time server, timezone, binding to od g...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin error

Hi guys, I've got a Black Macbook & am trying to create a custom install in casper admin from a new iMac's OS DVD. But whenever I tick the box to tell casper admin I get the message: "The installer could not be run on this computer: Error - " I'm usi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX

Is it safe to do this if you're managing MCX in AD or OD? http://www.jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=259 I assume this setting would "stick" unless overwritten by MCX in AD or OD? Thanks,Don  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Show Plan" broken in 7.2

FYI, confirmed this with JAMF support and have a Defect-ID. When you "Show Plan" it just shows a couple lines, like "install " and "Run Recon" - doesn't show any details like policy trigger, scope, et. al. I use this all of the time just to confirm t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run a script based on hardware

Is it possible to direct a script based on hardware (laptop or desktop)? PGP is only required on our Laptops. In order to help out our Audit team, I'd like a script to first detect if the machine is a laptop; if it's not, it can simply return "PGP WD...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.2 tools connecting to 7.1 server

Has anyone experimented with using the 7.2 tools while your JSS server stays on 7.1?I imagine Composer is no problem, but I hesitate to experiment with Remote or specially Admin... Nick Caro Desktop Support TechnicianPhone 212-839-1587 Fax 212-946-40...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduled Task question

I want to install iWork on 36 computers today at 3PM. I created a policy that has the trigger of "iwork" and set that to run"Once per Computer" and scoped it to the lab. I created a Scheduled Task for: On the hour3 PMEvery DayEvery Month1 Minute And ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2008 12.2.4 will not install or cache

Trying to deploy the latest Office 2008 update as supplied from MS as an.mpkg fails with an error stating that it has no valid index.bom and thatconsequently it will be treated as a flat package, which it is not.Predictably this fails. /usr/sbin/jamf...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Tomcat

Our recent security scan detected a vulnerability with Tomcat and naturally, I'm being asked to update. Currently our Mac server has 6.0.18 and 6.0.26 is available. Has anyone updated Tomcat? Any words of caution before I do this? Noah SwansonImaging...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error when pushing out .pkg via Casper REMOTE

Hi, I'm having an issue pusing a package via REMOTE.It installs fine locally or pushing out via ARD. Below is the error message: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 7.1Executing Policy 2010-03-11 at 5:04 PM | admin | 15 Computers...Downloading BOM for 044YE.pk...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

compiling images

So, in my compiled image I have 10.5.0 retail DVD image + the 10.5.8 combo updater set to install first. Then I have a series of updates and app installs set to install next. Followed by any last updates that need to be applied. It seems that QT and ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Deployments

We are trying to do some printer deployments, and I wanted to setupcasper to automatically install the printers depending on the networksegment they plug into. I have segmented the network, created the PostScript print queues, added the printers to c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 3.6 oddity

Has anybody had any success (or problems) when packaging Firefox 3.6? In ourcase, my co-workers and I have attempted numerous different ways (Composer7.1 drag/drop, snapshot, PackageMaker, etc.) of packaging Firefox 3.6 and wecannot get the browser t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Battery Full Charge Capacity

Man, do I love the new extension attributes. Here's a script I whipped up today to get the Full Charge Capacity from a battery and put it in using an Extension Attribute. I keep track of the Full Charge Capacity, as it's something Apple wants to know...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 3.6 oddity (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIEDCaveats: FOUO Had this exact problem Firefox 3.6 does not play nicely if it isinstalled on top of 3.5.x You need to completely remove the current Firefox application beforeinstalling 3.6. Additionally, the localstore.rdf a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Axiotron ModBooks

Evening all, Does anyone have in their ecosystem managed Axiotron ModBooks? If you do, any things that need to be known about trying to use them withinyour JSS management and imaging environment? It's the standard hardwareunder the hood so I figured ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 7.2 Oddities...

Just upgraded our JSS & thought I'd share 1 oddity.. Our Smart Groups are no longer in alphabetical order... Anyone else seen this? Ben TomsIT Support Analyst GREY GroupThe Johnson Building, 77 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JST: +44 (0) 20-3037-3819 |...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Inventory Location Information

I was browsing the location information from the JSS (via smart group)and noticed the only information there was the Building information. Iverified under Settings --> Inventory Options --> Inventory Preferences--> Location that Username, Real Name, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk usage alarms via Casper?

Is Casper able to check disk space, then if over 85%, email an alert to a specified address? We usually script this, but it would require enabling sendmail on Leopard clients or postfix on Snow Leopard clients. Would rather have Casper do this if it'...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 7.2 Release This Week

Hello everyone- Casper Suite 7.2 will be shipping this week! Everybody should be getting an email with information by the end of the day on Wednesday. If you don't receive an email by then, or have pressing needs to upgrade sooner, please send an ema...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Printers in 10.6

Has anyone else had troubles adding printers via any method in Casper? Itseems that adding the printers is hit or miss. Some will show up, somewon't. Originally I thought this was an issue of the printers being addedto Casper via a 10.5 machine, but ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

A couple feature requests

If Self Service app can leverage cached credentials, it would help greatly in our larger environments, where creatives/production folks need the fewest number of steps possible. OPTION-launching Self Service app would be a good way to allow remote su...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors