Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Acrobat 9 Pro and Admin User/Passwrod

Has anyone run across this issue. Every time I launch Acrobat 9 Pro on my Mac running OSX 10.6.1 it asks for the admin User and Password. What might be causing the system to want the admin User and Password or what might be the fix?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX settings

Good folks out there; We are experimenting with MCX Setting Configurations.In the process we have created a sample configuration and using the Scope set it to allow these settings on one specific computer. Is it possible for these MCX settings to som...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Zone Help

I need to set the time zone on client systems at imaging time. I looked at the "setTimeZone.sh" script in the resource kit, and it works correctly. The issue I am having is when I run the "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -listtimezones" I do not see Philadelph...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

7 imaging question

Hi- I'm getting going with 7 Imaging... When I setup a configuration, I can add the SSH management account there, and that's cool. How would I add the management account if I were doing a completely custom installation? (i.e. "emtpy" from the configu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote Hanging

Has anyone else had a problem with Casper Remote 7.1 hanging whileperforming a task? Lately, and I honestly cannot say when it started,Remote has been hanging when I try to install some software or try to cachesoftware. I notice it most when I am pus...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.2 no wanting to compile correctly

I have a base image that is 10.6. I added the 10.6.1 updater andrecompiled, no problems. Added the 10.6.2 updater and no go. I have triedremoving the 10.6.1 and using the 10.6.2 combo but still dose not compilecorrectly. It will compile and only be 1...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6 Software update catalogs

I found this hint in my RSS feeds a while back and I just put it intopractice this morning. I brought up a 10.6 server and turned on Software Update Service. All ourFaculty and Staff are running 10.5 but most of us in the Tech Dept arerunning 10.6. I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove fonts at imaging time

I am trying to figure out a way to remove all the fonts from the/Library/Fonts/ and the System/Library/Fonts/ folder during the imagingprocess. I have created packages of the only the fonts that the systemneeds and want to be able to clear out the on...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving the mysql database to a different server

Hello, I'm looking into the possibility of moving the MySQL database from the jssto a different server. Mainly to consolidate backup of multiple mysqldatabases. I found that the JSS uses the username of jamfsoftware to accessthe database. I have not ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX Domains

Hello, I have had some issues with setting the mcx domains. When I selectUserLevel, it should be ~/Library/Preferences... However it still shows upas /Library/Preferences. If I keep checking User, User Managed Level, andComputer Level... It finally s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FirstRun doesn't run after imaging

Hi, I imaged a new iMac yesterday and noticed that after booting up there is no user account.I redo the imaging process again today, same thing.I went into single user mode and try to run the FirstRun script from there, it just says that there is syn...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

3 partitions

Hi- We have been using casper for a while and want to make it better at our location. One of the ideas we are tossing around is a 3 partition scenario. We are thinking this out for our future builds with casper. Most of our facility is 10.5.8. We wer...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Defaults

Does anyone have a way of packaging up printer defaults and sending them via a policy? What I'm trying to do is force duplexing on all of our supported printers, but I am unable to do this at the printer level. It would be preferable if this were pus...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

7 Imaging and scripts

Hi- I'm working through 7 Imaging and am running into something unexpected: I have installed the OS via Imaging and a few other things that were packages, but it seems like scripts that make setting changes (like modifying the screen saver settings t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users Personal Files

Hello ALL,Does anyone have recommended method to migrated user files and preferenceswhen upgrading computers? Other then Migration Assistant built into a mac.When setting up netboot there is a check box for Clent Data. Thanks,Jon  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

no airport...

Hi everyone, I had previously sent in a plead for help on creating a connection tomy wireless network which used a mere WEP key and have it be remembered. I am very grateful for the help everyone had given. Unfortunately, Ididn't mention a few things...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Aluminum Firmware Update

Is there a way to apply the Apple Aluminum Firmware Update using Casper? ''''''' ^-O-O-^+----oOO----(_)--------------+| Joel Anderson || Director of Technology || Hibbing Public Schools || www.hibbing.k12.mn.us | +----------------------oOO---+ ||| ||...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf displayMessage proof of concept help

So, I am trying to run some automation with a bit of end user interaction. If I use the jamf displayMessage binary to display a message it will return the output back into terminal, but I can't seem to quite make the connection. Basically I want to r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"no authorization"

Hi- Has anyone run into clients seemingly "falling off" the service? I had a user contact me today that his Self Service was showing "no authorization" and it turned out that his machine was no longer in the JSS. I reproduced the issue on my own mach...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exempt applications

WGM uses a white list to restrict applications, and I see that in Casper aswell with restricting applications. I need to restrict access to terminal(only) in computer labs (but not everywhere - as the programming studentsneed to use it). How are othe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snow Leopard Netboot NBI for Casper Imaging

I have been trying to create a new .nbi boot image for Casper 7.1 forimaging.Using the Resource Kit, I have been unsuccessful using Snow Leopard asthe base OS.What I have tried, was to create a Netboot image using System Imageutility, and have my OS ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging up user accounts for imaging

How many of you actually do a full package of local user accounts? Like prefs, dock items, wallpapers and all of that stuff? I am going to pristine installs via version 7's instaDMG like settings. My testing so far is good. My image is smaller, and f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

airport prefs...

Hi, Has anyone had any luck setting Airport to switch wireless networks thatuse a mere WEP key? I've read a lot about Leopard not remembering recentnetworks or retaining the password. I can use networksetup just finewithin 10.6 and it always rejoins ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging CS4

I have adobe CS4 Design Premium that I need to package.The there are 2 disks that have all the software. What is the best way to package the software? I am going to be installing it on multible Macs as part of setting up some new computers.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

restricted software global exempt list

is not working for me I have a smart group of teacher machines that are in the global exempt list. They are trying to run skype, which is a forbidden app to everyone else. However, no matter what I do, this machine cannot run skype, it keeps getting ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using iHook for Notifications

A lot of talk has been done lately about using Growl Notify fornotifications to users about installs. Or how to possibly use jamfHelper todo this. Or...name your poison. Well, I remembered back to the days oflooking at Radmind for management, that th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Email Address for Mike Linde

Please change the email address you use for Mike Linde from mlinde at vanmeter.k12.ia.us to the new school email address which is mike.linde at vmbulldogs.com Thanks for making this change. Mike Linde  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bluetooth Discoverable

Checking in with the panel of experts again. I need to be able to disable discoverable on bluetooth but leave bluetooth on. Have any of you had to do this setup before and if so, how did you do it? Thanks in advance. Paul Austin Wells Fargo End User ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon.exe and inventory info.

We needed to find (physically) 2 specific PCs on the network today and allwe had was the MAC address. I piped in with the solution of pushing aheadour inventory project using Recon.exe for Windows. I have used the old emails on this list to successfu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors