Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

[BULK] Re: CS2 removal script

I can just modify my ARD uninstaller script if you can provide me the info where all the files are stored. Thomas LarkinTIS DepartmentKCKPS USD500tlarki at kckps.orgblackberry: 913-449-7589office: 913-627-0351chown -R us /.base  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS2 removal script

I know there is a script for the removal of CS3 and CS4. Has anyone writtenone for CS2? Thanks for your help. -- Jon YungDesktop Support | Campbell MithunCampbell Mithun Tower | 222 South 9th StreetMinneapolis, MN 55402 | 612-347-1568  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Controlling Airport

I have an interesting challenge that one of you may have faced already. We have a new security policy that requires wireless to be disabled on a machine if it is connected wired to the corporate network. Have any of you had to deal with this issue ye...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Admins

I have noticed recently that all of my Mac's admin accounts are nowlabeled as "Admin, Managed". My local admin does not have the right to doanything now. This never happened before I got Casper up and running. The only managed preference that I have ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS web front end unresponsive after updating to 7.1

Anyone else experiencing this? It seems if I refresh the server the JSS comes back up, activity monitor doesn't show anything killing the server... Thoughts? -Tom Thomas LarkinTIS DepartmentKCKPS USD500tlarki at kckps.orgblackberry: 913-449-7589offic...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re 1 Software reports: Office 12.2.1

I had the same issue. I installed the 12.2.1 update on a test machine, then I created a smart group based on the Receipt info. This gave me a list of users with that version installed. Sean On 10/20/09 3:00 PM, "casper-request at list.jamfsoftware.co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2-partition Casper solution....?

Hello Happy Casper People! Out of a dire need to quickly and efficiently upgrade users from one OS toanother (say, leopard to snow leopard), I've decided to research how havinga two-partition scheme can help us all save time and money. Here's the bre...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software reports: Office 12.2.1

In putting together a report on MS Office 2008, I would like to create areport that grabs all systems with 12.2.1... Presently all I can grab, dueto MS, is Version 12.2.0, since the Latest installed update is 12.2.1. Isthere a way to filter on 12.2.1...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Polling for partition table script

Hi- I recently posted that I needed to poll for partition table type on the list. I've written the basics of the script and figured someone else may need it. Here it is... copy, paste, modify... whatevs. Obviously, throw in your own comments into the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Deployment

HelloI am currently planning to a staged rollout of 65 new macbooks, imacs and macbook pros.I have a NetBoot server in place, which will run a Netinstall set and partition the disk 2 ways. 1 partition holds the OS, and the other will take the user's ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group based on Plug-ins

I want to create a Smart Group based on Plug-Ins but It's not working forme. Is the Plugin Title looking for things located in /Library/InternetPlug-Ins? If so, what do I use as the Title - just the name of the pluginfile? For example, if I create a ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

virtual machine deployment

How do you do it? How do you deploy Windows? Sysprep? How do you automate it so no user interaction takes place? Looking at virtual box since it is FOSS Thanks Tom Thomas LarkinTIS DepartmentKCKPS USD500tlarki at kckps.orgblackberry: 913-449-7589offi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detect GUID partition table?

Hi- Does anyone have a creative way of figuring out if a client computer has a GUID partition table? I have a piece of security software that I'd like to offer through self service but it must have a GUID partition table for installation. Intel is th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

View multiple MAC addresses in advanced JSS search

This should be simple: I am trying to provide a master inventory to our Technology director with all the system specs as well as user and asset information. All the system specs are easy: I do a saved search and select no criteria (selecting all), th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon.exe

Is it just me or has the documentation for using Recon.exe on PC's disappeared ? There is a version of Recon.exe in Casper 7.1but there is nothing in the documentation about it. You used to be able to add them using a command like this. C:PrgCasperRe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.x NetInstall vs Netboot

Wanted to throw a feeler message out there to see what others are doing,and any pros and cons for the Netboot process with Snow Leopard andCasper 7.1. We plan on doing an upgrade here at the end of next week, so I'll needto rebuild my Netinstall/Netb...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

WGM GUI

Does anyone know where the "..." button pulls names from in the Computer Groups tab in Workgroup Manager? I've deleted computers and when I click the "+" to re-add them they're not there, but they're listed with the "..." button. Curious. Jeffrey A. ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing iPODS with Casper 7.1

We are going to be deploying iPod Carts to our elementary schools in the near future and would like to manage these units through Casper. I've heard this feature is now available in Casper Suite 7.1 Has anyone tried doing this? If so, how did you go ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

hashed password with jamf binary

I am trying to use the mount flag with the jamf binary to mount a network drive for further script processing. I want to hash the password into the script but am not having any luck. Has anyone gotten this to work correctly with a hashed password? If...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optimum "max_allowed_packet" variable

I was recently trying to flush a large log and it came up with an error. Did a little reading and I think it's because my max packet size was set to the default of 1M. I see in the JSS Utility you can take it up to 16MB. Is there an optimum setting ?...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script's in Resource Kit

All, When using the following scripts from the Resource Kit: setTimeServer.shenableFileSharing.shenableFirewall.shencryptVirtualMemory.sh I receive the following errors: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 7.01Executing Policy ACI Compliance Preferences...Down...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

nightly imaging NOT happening...why God, why?

I have been having a dickens of a time getting my computer lab to image every night. I've been at it for a few weeks, and every time I think I have it solved, I don't. My current setup is this: - 26 machines, with a Restore partition, and packages ca...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstall via Resource Kit

Hi, I have made a Snow Leopard netinstall image with the resource kit, but when I quite Casper Imaging I get a kernal panic. The same thing happens with my Leopard 10.5.8 netinstall image made the same way. It does not kernal panic on the auto reboot...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting help - might be easy

I'm having a strange problem that is randomly showing up where the admin GROUP is being deleted from the users systems, demoting the local admin account to a standard user. The users are all standard users anyway so they don't notice a thing until th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee EPO Servers, VirusScan &/or McAfee Security

We are running McAfee EPO servers here.The EPO servers were upgraded from version 3.6 to 4.0 recently.PCs were moved from the 3.6 server to the 4.0 server using McAfee's tools.We were not successful moving Mac users EPO servers via the McAfee servert...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot w/Casper imaging (Version 7.0)

We are having an issue with imaging with Casper Netboot (diskless).The process appears to work however, when the machine finishes imagingand reboots, the machine hasn't been imaged at all. It appears thehard drive isn't being erased. I have successfu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating distribution for QuarkXPress... All versions

Hello, Has anyone created a distribution package or dmg of QuarkXPresssuccessfully? I don't even know how to start and am sort-of thinking it mayme impossible with the single-licensed software as we have. For instance,Quark 6.x you cannot install wit...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Notebook on imaged machine

Following up on my earlier thread about using Composer to create a packagefor Smart Notebook 10, I am now in the process of just trying to manuallyinstall a working copy on a machine that has been imaged using Casper. I'vetried a clean uninstall and ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors