Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Running apps from only the Applications folder

I remember a while back seeing someone on this list mentioning that theyonly allow apps to be run from the Applications folder. I am currentlylooking at implementing a similar setup. Is this done using ManagedPreferences or some other way? Any advice...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

bug in Casper Admin v 7.01 with synchronizing

I just noticed that when I want to synchronize my casper shares it now says replicate. However, in the older versions I used to be able to select several shares on the left hand nav bar and right click and say sync. Now, it seems that when I try to r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADmitMac built-in binding

Has anyone tried the ADmitMac built-in binding in casper 7.01? I havefilled in all of my information but am unsure as to how this is supposedto take place. I'm assuming I still need my admitmac.pkg but I'm notsure of the order in which to have casper...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Final Cut Studio

Hello Everyone,We just started using Casper here at Parkland College and I was wondering how everyone else was deploying Apple's Final Cut Studio 2 (or 3)? Are you just snapshotting the full installation with Composer or is there a way to create a cu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS X 10.5.x retail DVD later than 10.5.6?

Anyone know if Apple has issues a retail 10.5.x install DVD version beyond 10.5.6? I know they did 10.5, 10.5.1, 10.5.4, and 10.5.6 (which is the last one I have). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_v10.5 Would sure make life easier if I didn't ha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Large file upload

Anyone experiencing any problems uploading large DMGs into Casper Admin? I'm talking 20+ gigs. The images are made fine, but Admin seems to not like them... Jeffrey A. StraussDepartment of Educational TechnologySystems AdministratorLoyola High School...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reboot Dialog Warning Box

I am trying to figure out a way to get a dialog box to notify users of the the fact that software updates have been installed and they need to reboot their machine. All of the scripts etc I have tried error out with a time out message or an AppleEven...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 7 > Casper Admin 7.01 ... Cancel Upload??

Howdy all, Anyone know a way to stop the copying/upload to the JAMF server throughCasper Admin? I have inadvertently copied 3 big (5 GB) of the wrong files to Casper Admin... No biggie.. Can just delete them. But I have to wait for all to upload.Dele...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clients delaying an installation

I wanted to see if anyone has a way of letting clients delay an installationof software. Example: A message pops up before the install and allowsclients to click a button and delay the process to a later fixed time like30 minutes or so, or allows the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading systems to 10.5.8

I was wondering if anyone has used Casper to push out 10.5.8. I have done some testing and it works. But, looking through some forums there are some bad repair permissions problems, where if you repair permissions the files will no longer have any pe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading iLife without losing files

I learned the hard way that my iLife '09 package replaces the iPhoto Libraryfolder and therefore deletes all of the existing photos.In thinking about how to upgrade a computer from iLife '06 to iLife '09, thebest idea I have is to remove the user-spe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

system.log error

Hi- I'm getting this error over and over in my system.log file: Aug 12 08:40:33 llosx1 com.apple.wikid[2526]: Traceback (most recent call last):Aug 12 08:40:33 llosx1 com.apple.wikid[2526]: File "/usr/share/ caldavd/bin/twistd", line 21, in Aug 12 08...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Complied Configuration

Hi, How many other people are using these, I have been experimenting with them for the past few weeks, My findings are: They seems to significantly improve the imaging time, my 9.2GB complied configuration DMG takes only 18 minutes to deploy to a 100...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non Admin Adding Printer

I set up a managed preference for non admin users to add printers. I scoped it to one computer and rebooted. This machine still has a padlock and cannot add/remove or pause a printer. Does anyone else do this via Manage Preferences?Kathie IorizzoLowe...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Auto Data

Does anyone have a way to stop the Microsoft auto setup when a user logs in for the first time and launches word?Kathie IorizzoLower School TechnicianThe Latin School of Chicagokiorizzo at latinschool.org312.582.6136  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stolen Machines

I have about 5 machines that were stolen a few months back. I have noticed in the Casper logs thatthe IP address for these machines are being updated. I also have usage logs of when they are beinglogged into or started up etc. We are going to report ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstaDMG and casper

So I need to image a lab of iMacs real quick like. I was thinking about just doing insta DMG to make a pristine 10.5.7 OS package. Then add in the casper client and do the rest from casper. Any experience with this? Thoughts? Thanks in advance, Tom  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

LaunchPad won't launch

Hey all- I've made a couple netinstall images now that are supposed to include the new LaunchPad, but I can't seem to get it to run. When I boot up from these images and quit Casper Imaging I just get the terminal like before. Has anyone else seen th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Displaying script progress to end users?

I was wondering if anyone knows a way that I could pass the infobeing displayed in a script to the end user? How I am wanting toimplement this is by putting a software update script in mySelfService app, yetlet end users see the status of the softwar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences Default Ap

Is there a way through managed preferences to default all PDF files to open with Preview?Kathie IorizzoLower School TechnicianThe Latin School of Chicagokiorizzo at latinschool.org312.582.6136  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstall with latest MacBook Pro 5,3

Apple always recommends making your netboot/install sets on the newest hardware. That said, if it's 10.5.8, all drivers should be there now though I haven't confirmed this. Thanks,John --John WetterTechnology Support AdministratorEducational Technolo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Partitioning Schemes

Hi, Has anyone else been having any issues with the Additional Partitions section of a Configuration in Casper Admin? We've set up a few additional partitions, but whenever we image a machine using this config the partitioning scheme is completely ig...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

No reboot

I have run a config to reimage a machine and the computer never reboots so the scripts set to run at reboot, do not launch. I have checked the logs and everything appears to work. How long do I need to wait usually for a restart? The application appe...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems netbooting emacs

I have created a Net Install image using the Casper Net Install Creator. I used an emac and installed only the retail copy of 10.5; then Idownloaded and installed the Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update from Apple'swebsite. That is all that was done to the ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

VirtualBox Packaging and Deployment

First off, I am new to the Casper suite and I am very excited about what this software is doing for me. I have one big issue right now that I need some help with. I am trying to package and deploy VirtualBox (A VM with XP on it). RIght now I have two...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reconnecting to SMB volumes

This is not a Casper question, but I'm still going to throw it out there... We use SMB (Windows server) file shares for everything. When AD userslogin, their SMB home path is automatically mounted and they get ashortcut in their dock (typical setup)....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composing Home Directory

I have the same settings for a local user to put on several machines. I composed my user "usstudent" What is the best way to send this out? Should I send out the account first via remote and then the home folder? I fill user templates on this? Thank ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

List of restricted software?

Would the list like to help me start a shared list of restricted software names and process names? Maybe we can put one together and pass it off to JAMF to manage/update? I'm sure we all have our pet peeve applications. And I am sure there are new on...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

getting statistics from Computer Usage logs

Hello,I was wondering if anyone out there has ever gotten statistics out of the computer usage logs in Casper?I would like to be able to get number of unique logins in a day or in a period of a day, or even to compile charts of numbers for each weekd...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trick to unlock folders via policy or self service?

We have Casper 6 and are installing CS4 to systems. The Photoshop and Illustrator swatches and plug-ins folders are locked during this process. Now the artists can't add their swatches or plug ins unless we manually go unlock the folders for them. Ca...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors