Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Can't drag items on desktop.

Hey all- I just imaged a machine with our standard build. There's nothing unusual about it. After the image I installed CS4 Design suite and Quark 8 from DVD. Now, for some reason, whenever the user logs in the items on her desktop are un-draggable. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickadd Failing

Hi all, I am seeing an issue with my quickadd.pkg failing to run a "post- flight script" on some machines. It is not adding the machine to my JSS and I have repaired permissions and run it again with the same result. Any ideas? Ron PrueTechnical Serv...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

disable ad hoc networking

I am looking at just disabling the ability to create an ad hoc network. A simple look at the given command line tools says I can't do this. So, now I am venturing into the real of editing a plist to disable that function. Any pointers or suggestions?...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remotely configure Directory Utility

Is there any way out there to remotely configure LDAPv3 plugin for server search paths?So far, the only way that may be possible that I can see is to push out .plist files with directory info to /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService Thanks in advance...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search and destroy apps

Hi all,I have another script to share. In more than one environment I've workedwith, users were not allowed to store or run apps in/from their homefolders. Policies were made clear that any apps in one's home folder wereconsidered a policy violation,...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dummy Receipts and Custom Triggering a Policy

Gents,I'm taking this back on list because there may be others in the communitythat would benefit from this discussion. To Recap, there are two questions: how to use custom triggers and how tocreate dummy receipts. To use a custom trigger there are t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer group from AD

Hey Guys- Has anyone created a smart group that would take members based on if the computer is a member of an AD group. Essentially what I'm trying to do is scope a policy to a group of computers in AD, like you can with the User scope, but it doesn'...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wake On LAN

Is there any mechanism that folks know of to do wake on lan in Casper? I can't seem to find anything in the documentation. Or, do folks leave this up to ARD? Thanks! j--Jared NicholsISD Infrastructure and Operations - Desktop EngineeringMIT Lincoln L...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Feature REQ

So, It has come to my attention that certain users may need certain software and licenses are limited. Instead of me doing bunches of manual data entries and finding out all the individual laptops (out of 6,000) and creating a smart group out of them...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

NAV 11 preventing ssh connections in Leopard

Greetings. I have a problem where Norton AntiVirus 11 is preventing sshconnections on my Leopard macs (including my own) which in turn ispreventing me from using Casper to deploy software updates. I've made sureRemote Login is on and that the Firewal...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS search box

So, I like the new v6 JSS web but what does the search box in the top right actually do? I type in "word" and it gives me the File Servers link and JSS Accounts. I was hoping it would be a shortcut to Inventory search so that I can type an Asset Tag ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4

I am in the process of upgrading several lab machines to CS4. I created the package and distributed and get a 150:30 error. I sent an email to Jamf and they sent back some fixes for it. The Licensing Service Update worked but is an applescript. The p...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy CS4

Has anyone used Casper for deploying CS4? Does it basically work the same as CS3?--Tommy Birchett | The Martin Agency| 804-698-8592 | 804-389-3071  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading from Tiger to Leopard

I was wondering how you all have done migrations from Tiger to Leopard. We have an Active Directory setup where the users home directories are localto the machine (our faculty often have 10GB+ of data, and some havelaptops). We were contemplating doi...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete com.adobe.mediabrowser.plist

Hi, I want to delete the com.adobe.mediabrowser.plist (~/Library/Preferences/) for the user that's currently logging in. I tried to do this with a policy:Search for file by path: ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.mediabrowser.plist and Delete if found....  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

flat packages

Anyone else out there using 10.5-only, flat packages, and finding issues for package installation, via self-service or policy via Casper? Thanks,j  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstaDMG

Anyone have issues incorporating QuickAdd packages into something like InstaDMG or System Image Utility?For some reason it is the only package that does not install properly...and no detailed logs can tell why. Thanks,jeremy  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbooting Across Subnets

I have a new lab that has been setup w/ Intel iMacs straight out of the box and I'm wanting to use an existing image that we run on our laptops minus XP. In testing I know this works fine. The issue I'mhaving is these machines are on a .12 subnet and...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

folder deletion and shutdown

I want to pass a couple questions to the group to see if others have had success with either of these items. First has to do with folder deletion. We currently deploy an image through NetBoot/NetRestore that has all of our common applications. This w...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Major problems creating Base image.

For the first time ever, I'm having major problems building my base image. The New Unibody MacBook5,1 and MacBookPro5,1 are giving me nothing but trouble. Before these, my imaing process would consist of building my BaseOS image on the latest model M...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Latest Version of Casper

I was just wondering what the latest version of the Casper Suite was. We are currently running version 6.0. It seems to be hard to find out what the latest version is on the internet. Justin  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to turn off IPv6

I didn't see this one in the resource kit, and it took me some tinkering toget it just right. I hope some of you get some use out of this script (I'mattaching a zipped file just in case your mail reader, or any mail serversbetween you and I, mangle t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk identifier order at boot

Do you know in what order Open Firmware and EFI scan the buses to build thedevice tree? ----------Miles A. Leacy IV ? Certified System Administrator 10.4? Certified Technical Coordinator 10.5? Certified TrainerCertified Casper Administrator----------...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups

Is there any way to make a smart group based on file path? (e.g. Does not have folder /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/) Thanks j--Jared NicholsISD Infrastructure and Operations - Desktop EngineeringMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood St.Lexington, MA ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Contract Mac packagers

Hi Folks- Wondered if anyone knew of a individual or company who could help with overflow mac packaging. We have an initiative to convert our existing vendor installers (of various formats) to .pkgs with some requiring tweaking (basic shell scripting...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

disk identifiers

Hey all,I know that disk identifiers (disk0, disk1, etc) are assigned in the orderin which the disks were attached. For example, if you boot a Mac with asingle internal drive, that drive will be disk0. Once booted, you caninsert an optical disk, and ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Favorite Servers

Greetings everyone. Casper newb here. I would like to create a package for my mac users that contains 8-10 standard SMB network shares. The idea being a new user would have all necessary network shares saved in Connect to Network > Favorite Servers w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow Non-Admin Users to Add Printers in Leopard

Hi, I want users to be able to add printers without filling in the administrators password. I did some research and found out that I just need to remove the following lines from the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf: AuthType Default Require user @SYSTEM Order d...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors