Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD binding issues

OK, so this time it's an AD binding issue: Can I delete the /Active Directory/All Domains entry from my Authentication and Contacts search policies in Directory Utility with Casper? Every time I test my binding procedure, duplicate AD entries are dis...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating .dmg from .pkg

Hi all, Can I use the convert function in Composer to create a distributable .dmg from a .pkg file I've created? If so, how do I do it? Just point Composer to the .pkg and hit go? Thanks! Jeffrey A. StraussDepartment of Educational TechnologySystems ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point

Hi, We are setting up a remote site with approx. 30 machines that will need management through Casper. We obviously want those machines managed from a local distribution point at the facility, but does that machine have to be running a server version...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 part question - Software update server and MySQL

First and easiest question I have set up a SUS and it is now currently caching downloads. It has a static IP and FQDN. I have it set as the default SUS in all network segments. Now, I can go into WGM in our open directory and apply the Software Updat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory and Recon Inventory

Hi all We currently are getting all of our Mac and PC running recon withoutproblem. However I am wanting to get a username against our PC assets thatshow up in the inventory. Has anyone done this or have any ideas how to goabout it? Appreciate it. Ja...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Help: Logged On user

This is the dumbest thing, but I need some help with some scripting ifpossible. I have a policy that calls a shell script that's already local on the box(why it has to be local I won't get into here) when a particular set ofusers logs on as defined i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WebHelpDesk/Casper Integration (WORKING)

With these instructions:http://jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=022 We were able to get our copy of WHD (9.1.5/6) working with HelpDesk - no more importing!!! Only caveat is that helpdesk appears to map some asset info automatically, and cannot (ye...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Curious

Has anyone else received the error 'the package does not contain a validindex.bom file' when attempting to install a pkg over http in version 6.01? I have been getting this since our upgrade to version 6 of the Casper suiteand have yet to figure out ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Mobile

Anyone else able to get it working? I just get blank screens (from each mini-app) after putting in the credentials... Thanks,jeremy  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP binding to AD

Hi All, I am still new to Casper and am trying to get it binding via LDAP to our ADdomain...Keep getting the following error: The following errorwas generated performingthe LDAP Lookup: Error performing LDAP Lookup:javax.naming.AuthenticationExceptio...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Replication

Do many of you have the new automatic scheduling of package replication work yet in 6 ? We have over 50 distribution points so this would be a handy thing to have. Can't say thatI have really seen it work correctly yet. There is also a feature where ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package for VMware with temp serial

Has anyone created a package for VMware Fusion using a 30-day seriallicense? There are a number of people that have access to installing our packages andI would like to require each Mac to use it's own serial number for VMwareFusion. I know Fusion wi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Distribution/Packages Verified

So I know we identified the mysterious error 'The downloaded package couldnot be verified' as being related to the HTTP distribution flag on ourdistribution points. However, was a solution ever found for how to enableHTTP distribution for Self Servic...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office Setup Assistant

Hey everyone, I've created a package of Office 2008, but when I deploy it to a few machines and log in as different users, the Setup Assistant runs and asks me to confirm a few settings. How do I get rid of the Setup Assistant starting up so users wh...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Recon commandline parameters

To follow up Sean's previous thread on recon scheduling in windows, I believe the info we're looking for is a little more specific. I've gone over the docs, both for casper suite and recon suite, to see if I could find any description of commandline ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Recon Scheduling

We're looking to expand our inventory management in the JSS to include Windows machines. The limiting factor for us at the moment is Recon.exe's inability to update the JSS on a regular basis and/or run Recon on its own. Has anyone had any luck with ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

restart Tomcat from the command line

I upgraded my JSS server to 10.5.5 and now Tomcat won't start up. Cananyone share the Unix command for restarting Tomcat? Thanks, Jeff JohnsonTechnology CoordinatorGlendale-River Hills School District2600 W. Mill Rd.Glendale, WI 53209414-351-7170 x21...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update /usr/sbin/jamf version: 5.11 to 6.01

I've created a policy to update the Command Line Applications... This policy is set to Once Per Computer This policy is triggered by everyHour This policy is assigned to Workstations - 10.5 Leo This policy is assigned to EXAMPLE Update Command Line A...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

6.01 Self Service

Is anyone having trouble with Self Service downloads in 6.01? Ever since upgrading, I've received literally 100% more status messages of failed Self Service downloads. Funny thing is, I've spoken to the users about whom I've received the notification...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service icons

HI, What format do the files need to be in to add them as icons for applications in the self service application? Criss Criss MyersSenior Customer Support Analyst (Mac Services)Apple Certified Technical Coordinator v10.5LIS Business Support TeamLibra...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Rollout Question

Hello everyone We are currently running Casper 6 sucessfully in our local office LAN andwant to rollout (in particular Recon) to our other offices in WesternEurope. Many of these are on slower links and do not have a largeinfrastructure and certainly...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS3 not serializing

OK...so CS3 installs but asks for a serial number...any clues?I've already included the serial in the Adobe Installer... Thanks,j  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

uninstall cs3

Anyone have a CS3 (Specifically design premium, but I'm sure the master collection would be fine too) Uninstall Script? We can do CS3 DP or just Indesign cs3 installs, but when we attempt to create a policy to remove InDesign CS3, we get an error: Er...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS3 Master Suite

I went through the list archives and didn't see anything on this. Has anyone been able to get the CS3 Master Suite discs working within Casper? Disc1 shows up as an Adobe installer, with everything from the suite listed as payloads, but Discs 2-3 do ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

server performances

Hi ALL, As you people seem to have many more servers and clients than me I thought you'd be good people to ask about performance. I have 145 clients, being increased by 83. I have 1 XServe Quad core 2 x 2.8 with 2gb of ram and bonded Ethernet ports A...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy run restriction

Here is one for the group. We are still using version 5.13 here in Saint Paul and plan to upgrade later this fall. However, I'm using more policies to make changes as we migrate to Active Directory, too. [When it rains it pours] Anyway. The policies ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

smart groups to restrict software

Thomas, Are you running Casper 6.01? If so you should be able to select your smart group, once configured, under the Exempt Computers Tab when creating your Restricted Software. We have yet to test the restricted software feature of Casper but it is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

smart group to restrict software

I need to restrict certain applications to a specific small number of machines. I created a smart group and am manually adding in each computer by it's name. The problem I am running into is when i try to restrict software there seems to be no way to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

help with scripts in policys

Hi Peps I have a shell script which i can run as root and it runs fine, however when i run via policy it doesnt work, i persume this is because it is running as the logged in user CleanUpAdobe.sh / $computerName $userName i persume this in the policy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors